Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: ♦We Are the Homeworld Gems (Collecting ideas)♦  (Read 6591 times)

Omniao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ♦We Are the Homeworld Gems (Collecting ideas)♦
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2015, 10:35:24 am »

Also: they should make a gem-wasteland biome, or a "kindergarten" biome where gems were/are being born.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2015, 10:44:02 am »

can't make biomes

Omniao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2015, 10:44:54 am »

can't make biomes
Sorry, I know nothing about modding the game - just throwing around ideas.

Abadrausar

• Bay Watcher
  • empowering ideas
    • View Profile
    • ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2016, 09:11:36 am »

A game about mining and gems...and no Steven Universe mod?  Surprising...

For those of you who don't know Steven Universe, it's a cute-but-surprisingly-deep cartoon (fans of Adventure Time will probably enjoy it) about a kid being raised by a trio of magical women who are technically sapient alien gemstones that project hard-light bodies.  Gems have all kinds of interesting powers, most notably shapeshifting, regeneration, and fusion, and reproduce using a process that involves drilling into planets and planting some kind of seed which grows the fully-grown Gem out of the rock.

I was fooling around with "soul fusion" using DFHack and I thought this might be a fun medium to try out more DFHack experiments.  Other features will likely involve utilizing gems for reproduction, regeneration from certain kinds of death, personality-based weapon spawning, and corruption (possibly instead of or alongside insanity).  I'll try to make parts of it portable, so that other modders could import stuff like fusion and personality weapons into their own mods.

Anyway, I was wondering if there is any interest in this, and any ideas people might have.
I like the concept, it makes me imagine a mortal civilization subject to two types of death, the death of physical body and the death of the immortal soul, as the container of the soul, the death of body implies also the death of soul, other than that, only psionic combat is able to produce the death of soul, so the essential objetive of the sapient mortal gems civilization is to produce immortal artifact gems that helps them protecting their principal cultural leaders (some nobles) from physical death but no from soul death if they confront an internal or external powerpsi.
Even after a soul death only an artifact gem can be used to receive another important civ member soul, if recuperated. Additionally the artifact gem retains a light inverse geometric watermark of every ancient occupant skills and attributes.
Once the soul is attached to an artifact gem only death of soul can separate them, no cheating.
So what he have is a composite creature whose body is an artifact gem that have an array of souls attached, being the active one of the last occupant that has not yet suffered a soul death and the rest of the array the dead subjects souls of the ancient occupants.
A really strong and trained active soul can by means of psi combat dominate any subject dead soul or group of those and use any of their abilities...

With a system like this the psi creature could temporarily activate additional souls from the array, one controls the physical body and attacks the others doing soul combat (psi simultaneous, telekinetic).

Failing the internal psi combat to temporarily activate other subject soul could produce some FUN as the death of the active soul, fall out, or having a new active soul from the array being relegated to a subject position...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 11:45:18 am by Abadrausar »
::: Humble Dwarf Fortress Publishing System ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫ Mods Push Published in DFFD are auto updated in local Players Catalog :::
Pages: 1 [2]