Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Flowing water on Mars announced with Bloodmoon prophecy  (Read 4071 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Flowing water on Mars announced with Bloodmoon prophecy
« on: September 28, 2015, 03:18:32 pm »

So this is a fascinating little thing that seems to have happened.

As of this post, nasa.gov is non-responsive from all the traffic they're getting because they've recently announce that, quote: "under certain circumstances, liquid water has been found on Mars."

Now, at first glance that's not a big deal. Water has been "discovered" on MArs so many times that there's a wiki page chronicling all the discoveries. I've been seeing an article every several months for years "discovering" that yes, Mars does have water, as if it were any surprise.

Ahh, nasa.gov is responding now.

https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-confirms-evidence-that-liquid-water-flows-on-today-s-mars

"NASA Confirms Evidence That Liquid Water Flows on Today’s Mars"

So that might be a little different than finding ice. And interestingly, apparently NASA gave a statement says (among other things) that they want to send live people to the surface to look for life. So, great! We've all wanted this. It might or might not be news. We've known Mars has water for decades. But this does seem to be a stronger statement to that fact than has been typical in recent decades.

It is however, a curious thing, that this announcement was made within 12 hours of the fourth lunar eclipse of the Bloodmoon prophecy.

"Wait, what" you say?

Ok, so...everybody remember that line from the movie Ghostbusters about sun turning black as sackcloth as the moon as red as blood, the seas boiling and the dead rising from the grave? That's actually a quote from revelation 6 of the bible. (Though apparently Ghostbusters incorrectly cited it as verse 7:12)

So, anyway, the "moon turning red as as blood" is generally assumed to be a reference to a lunar eclipse. Like the one last night, the moon looked red. The sun turning black, of course, is a reference to a solar eclipse. And according to some random assorted Abrahamic religious people a moderately long time ago, based on...stuff that I never entirely followed...the particular configuration of solar and lunar eclipses that happened this year and concluded last night, is "a match" for the biblical prophecy about the sixth seal in Revelation.

Now, I notice that we're still here. But I find it fascinating that NASA chose this day to make this announcement.

Simplifying the content of Revelation to say that "the world is gonna end!" is...possibly not the best interpretation. Of course it's tempting to simply dismiss it as religious nonsense. But the Book of Revelation is supposed to be writing of a guy from thousands of years ago who was shown a glimpse of the future by an angel. So, let's just humor that idea for a moment. Imagine being a guy living in +-100 of 0 AD, being shown the world today. You would have absolutely no context from which to understand, the internet, nanotechnology, etc.

It's not uncommon among the religious crowd to interpret many of the things in Revelation with that in mind. Causing "great fire to fall from the sky" is not an unreasonable description of a nuclear bomb. A "mark, without which none could buy or sell" is not an unreasonable description of a hypothetical scenario in which implantable credit card chips become the norm in a cashless society. A lot of the content of Revelations..."could possibly be interpreted" in a manner that is plausible in a modern context.

So, NASA has announced flowing water and a desire to land humans on Mars to search for life,within 12 hours of the final eclipse in a series that some have suggested corresponds to the sixth seal of the Book of Revelation.

What is a "seal?"

It's a thing that contains. A barrier, or a substance used to prevent things from mixing. The common christian interpretation seems to be that the thing being "contained" by the seven biblical seals is the beast of Revelation that will bring on judgement day.

But...what if, the "Angel" who revealed the future to the author of Revelation was actually a space alien in charge of the zoo that is planet Earth, telling of the time when humanity would be released?  Imagine a mostly benevolent galactic civilization, applying the "Prime Directive" and insuring that developing species be allowed to grow unmolested. And this whole religion thing was simply a misunderstanding resulting from their initial contacts before they cordoned off the area.

Rather than a "beast to end the world" it's a far more interesting interpretation, to suggest that the thing being contained is humanity, and that once all seven seals are removed, we will be released from this zoo here on Earth, to join everybody else among the stars. Metaphorically, a fetus "dies" when a baby is born. Metaphorically, it would be the "end of the world as we know it" if we discovered that life is ubiquitous everywhere, that interstellar civilizations exist, and we've simply been kept in the dark, and now it's time to go be friends with everybody.

Finding life on Mars would be a good step towards that.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 03:26:09 pm by LordBucket »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flowing water on Mars announced with Bloodmoon prophecy
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 03:22:06 pm »

That's certainly one interpretation of the seven seals thing.

Also, sometimes a coincidence is just a coincidence.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 03:24:22 pm »

PRAISE FULL HARVEST BLOOD MOON MARS SALT

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 03:31:47 pm »

Rather than a "beast to the the world" it's a far more interesting interpretation, to suggest that the thing being contained is humanity, and that once all seven seals are removed, we will be released from this zoo here on Earth, to join everybody else among the stars.
But if we lose the seals we don't get to fight the final boss
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 03:34:32 pm »

We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 03:36:48 pm »

sometimes a coincidence is just a coincidence.

And sometimes people know exactly what they're doing. Was it a coincidence that the twin towers were attacked on 9-11? Was it a coincidence that the Columbine incident happened on Hitler's birthday?

At a minimum I'd suggest that there might be some occultists at NASA with a sense of humor.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 03:39:05 pm »

And sometimes people know exactly what they're doing. Was it a coincidence that the twin towers were attacked on 9-11? Was it a coincidence that the Columbine incident happened on Hitler's birthday?

Yes, it was. Next question?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 03:48:27 pm »

In even spookier news, an estimated 360,000 babies were born yesterday during the Blood Moon.
All of them the Antichrist.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 03:57:18 pm »

Devil must have been getting busy if he's just fathered 360,000 semi-satans.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2015, 03:57:50 pm »

THEY ARE LEGION

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2015, 04:03:26 pm »

Praise "BOB"
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2015, 04:07:13 pm »

So, in short...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2015, 04:13:57 pm »

NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2015, 04:24:00 pm »

Yes, it was. Next question?

This is a wild speculation thread. I get that. But you're being ridiculous. Obviously these things required a great deal of planning. You accept that people stole planes. You accept that they crashed them into buildings. You accept that their motivation had something to do with inspiring fear and terror. But you can't accept that they chose to do it on significant date? Seriously? Probably at least months, possibly years went into that but they just threw a dartboard at a calendar to pick a date? These people spending months or years to cause an event intended to cause lasting emotional trauma and angst...total coincidence that they chose a date that would help make it memorable?

As for Columbine: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Harris_and_Dylan_Klebold#Motivations

"Harris did revere the Nazis. He praised them often in his journal, and some of his friends grew irritated at his frequent Nazi salutes and quotations in the months leading up to the shooting. At a certain point, Harris realized he needed to reduce this behavior, for fear of revealing his plans. He commented in his journal about how hard it was to wait until April to express all his hatred for the human race"

Oh, but the the guy giving nazi salutes and quotes and complaining about having to wait until April...total coincidence that the date he was waiting for was Hitler's birthday? Seriously?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2015, 04:26:21 pm »

In even spookier news, an estimated 360,000 babies were born yesterday during the Blood Moon.
All of them the Antichrist.
And so the one I microwaved yesterday had to die. It is as Voltaire said: everything is for the best in the best of all possible worlds.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: [1] 2 3