Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Social Language Apps (Speaky, learn languages with other people)  (Read 2008 times)

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile

Hi guys :D If you know me you know I'm very all about learning new languages, my big language right now is Irish but I'm also planning on Czech in the future. Anyway, there is a neat app I found called Speaky ( Speaky for Google Play/Android or Speaky for iOS-See Edit-). The app is basically a social network designed around learning languages with other people. You can search up friends to add in almost any language that you want (They even have more obscure language support). It seems like a really cool concept. I just started using it so I don't know the activity level of other users (I tried an app called WeSpeke which had an identical function but was filled with lots of dead profiles, reviews said and after having sent out a small number of requests with no reply is probably likely) but I do want to try to use it. If anyone is on it currently or maybe interested in joining, post here and maybe we can set up language partnerships.

Thanks! :)

EDIT: I should've looked at the apps before i linked them :( The apple version was wrong, I'm not entirely sure if there IS a Speaky for Apple. However there is another app for iOS that is similar, here ya goo HelloTalk Language Exchange for iOS
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 10:41:48 pm by Icefire2314 »
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/