Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 152096 times)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Interim - Relapse
« Reply #375 on: December 26, 2015, 04:20:50 pm »

He was active a few hours ago, apparently. Though he didn't make any new posts for a month now.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 27, 2015, 08:09:48 pm »

Well, that's good to know, at least. Still, where is he? I have a theory. He's taking a vacation. He's been GMing for, God, a while now. He's taking a rest for the Christmas Season.

Yay
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 09, 2016, 03:26:24 pm »

It's been a while hasn't it? I greatly appreciate the concern for my well-being that I've seen both in posts and private messages.

As I've hinted at before, I've been sick for a while, and it's really hampered my ability to both GM and post in general. I am excited that my request for treatment is now being successfully processed, but I still don't think I'm well enough to responsibly continue this incarnation of Wiki-Wars for the time being. Hopefully I will come back to it one day, but as for now, it is on hiatus. I want to thank everyone who played and participated in this game so far. If, or rather, when I come back to this, I will let everyone know as soon as possible.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Interim - Stuff
« Reply #378 on: January 09, 2016, 03:28:56 pm »

I hope that your treatment is swift and successful!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 09, 2016, 06:09:56 pm »

Indeed.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 10, 2016, 04:25:09 am »

+1
More specifically, I hope this doesn't happen again:

There is a note hung around your neck with a bit of string. It reads "May have gotten carried away."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 10, 2016, 11:42:28 am »

...Note:ER's The Doctor and actual medical practitioners have almost nothing to do with eachother.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 10, 2016, 01:00:35 pm »

...Note:ER's The Doctor and actual medical practitioners have almost nothing to do with eachother.

What? Of course they do! Both mutilate your body in order to make it better!
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 10, 2016, 07:59:07 pm »

Well, I wish the best for you. Its been said before, but swift and successful.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 10, 2016, 08:55:29 pm »

Same- good luck to you.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 10, 2016, 09:10:11 pm »

Good luck sempai get better. :'(
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 11, 2016, 11:13:12 pm »

Dude, I mean it when I say No Rush. Take as much time off as you need to, recover as you must, we'll be waiting as patiently as we can for you to come back. Until then, get well soon!  :)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 12 - And We're Back
« Reply #387 on: January 15, 2016, 11:35:47 am »

...Alright, break time's over.

Round 12: And We're Back

Immaterial's followers are ready to chase down Fr0stByt3 as he flees, cradling his dog in his arms, until their leader waves them down. "He's wounded, defenseless, and his dog is out of the fight. It wouldn't be worth the effort to chase after him, he'll just end up in front of someone with a rifle or knife and get struck down at that point. Men, let's regroup and find someone else who requires more of our focus." The army of eight marches into the downtown area of Denmark, stepping over rubble and looking for anyone left in the scorched city. One of them spots Nanobones leaving from a small banking facility, "Look, we got a looter here!"

NAV rushes Andres as the gangster panickedly attempts to speed-reload is handgun. (4+3 vs. 7) Andres doesn't even have time to evade as the golf club comes down in the direction of his cranium at a blistering speed. He raises his gun above himself in a last-ditch measure of defense. The 9-iron breaks the gun in two and sends ripples of kinetic energy through Andre's gun-wielding arm and down through his entire body, powerful enough to send him onto his back as if a miniature explosion had just went off in his hand.

NAV raises the golf club about his head, intending to swing it down onto Andres with great force. Andres' quick thinking leads to him driving his shoe between the warrior's legs. NAV, the mighty and strong, collapses in an instant, allowing Andres to make the quick escape to his nearby Countryliner Bus. In the Bus, Andres starts up the engine while NAV lays prone in front of him, still incapacitated. Andres jams his foot on the accelerator, causing the entire bus to go up in flames. When NAV finally does recover, he stands up to see that Andres is gone, and he is left with the burning wreckage of a tour bus.
Andres had a vehicular malfunction.

Megggas paces around his cell, pondering his situation, before taking a seat next to his cellmate, a college-aged beanie wearing kid. (10) Megggas launches into an hour-long story detailing his life from the moment he was born, to his rough upbringing and how he was the only one that could support his niece's sickness. His cellmate sheds silent, somber tears during his story, before going into his own tale about how he had to betray his best friend in order to escape justice at the hands of a mob. "Actually, there goes his brother, right now," he says, pointing at a man coldly standing in front of the jail cell.
"Motherfucker, you killed my brother," he says with the subtlest hint of rage.
"Charlie, I didn't have a choice. If it wasn't me, it would have been,"
A sliver of chrome appears from out of Charlie's coat.
"WAIT CHARLIE, YOU DON'T GOTTA'-"
Meggas was caught in the crossfire.

Person leans over his car, his PPsh-41 resting on the hood as a platform for stability. (1 vs. 5) His bullets spray down the road, failing to hit either of his intending targets. Down on the other side, the Jaffa recognizes gunfire and beckons for Powder Miner to get down. The Jaffa stands in front of Powder acting as a shield while he retaliates with fire from his Laser Rifle. (7 vs. 5) One laser goes right over Person's head while the other hits him in the right shoulder. He falls backwards onto the pavement, dropping his machine gun which rolls off his Austin-Healey. The laser had obliterated Person's armor where it had hit and penetrated deep enough to burn his flesh.

Angelina Silva searches the paint store for a suitable container to place the dragonfly in. The best she can find is an empty soda bottle, which will have to do in the current situation. After capturing the buzzing bug and observing it for several minutes in the container, no information can be concluded besides the fact that this is a typical dragonfly from the Iberian Peninsula. Carefully, Angelina removes the insect from its container and uses the minimal amount of pressure between her index and middle finger to kill it. (4) She squishes its entire head, leaving the rest of it intact. Checking on the painting after death of the bug, it appears that nothing has changed.

A mix of a cold front and rainy weather means that snowy conditions are sweeping across the Mid-West. Viewers, it's time to break out those fashionable winter outfits you've wanted to show everyone!
The snowfall and cold weather has led to the permanent extinguishing of the forest fire nearby.

Spoiler: Powder Miner (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fr0stByt3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nanobones (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MyNameIsImmaterial (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 15, 2016, 11:47:09 am »

Shoot the alien first. It has a laser gun, and I want that. Keep using my car as cover, because that's working a lot better than I thought it would.

Maybe I should just try to run people over instead. My success rate with shooting and driving at the same time is awful, which makes sense really. I mean I've got a ton of metal to hit someone with at high speed, and I try to shoot them while driving instead? *Shakes head*

Oh, and welcome back.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 15, 2016, 11:51:34 am »

((Im Still Intrested TCM senpai though it's entirely possible I'm older))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 97