Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 151754 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 12 - And We're Back
« Reply #390 on: January 15, 2016, 12:20:55 pm »

Great to see you're doing better!
Lead my followers in an attack on the looter!

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 15, 2016, 12:27:37 pm »

((I'm still in.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 15, 2016, 02:22:25 pm »

Alright so the bug is not a talisman.

I surprise myself to say this, however I have begun a project which I feel would compete for my attention to play this game. I've made a wikiwars inspired coop fantasy game(here) and I know longer think I could give as much focus as I'd prefer when playing a quality game like wiki wars, to all the surrounding details and forces.

Please understand if I withdraw.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 02:30:20 pm by GameBoyBlue »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 15, 2016, 04:59:41 pm »

Nav gets up and walks away from the burning wreckage. He reloads his rifle and starts looking for someone else to fight for the benifit of the Kaurava people.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 15, 2016, 06:03:58 pm »

I'm still in the rich dude's house, right? In the room with all the paintings? If so, look for something military, a painting about guns, or even something with an ambulance in it, anything that could of help to me at this moment.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 15, 2016, 06:12:42 pm »

Alright so the bug is not a talisman.

I surprise myself to say this, however I have begun a project which I feel would compete for my attention to play this game. I've made a wikiwars inspired coop fantasy game(here) and I know longer think I could give as much focus as I'd prefer when playing a quality game like wiki wars, to all the surrounding details and forces.

Please understand if I withdraw.

I will. I wish you the best of luck on your new game.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 15, 2016, 07:29:31 pm »

Hey, TCM? I have a couple of questions, and I'm only not PMing because the other players might want to read your answer.

1. Say you randomly get a Wikipedia article that's, say, this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mortal_Kombat_characters Are we allowed to pick a character from that list of characters, and take their attributes? Like, say, using the example, you get that article and approve it, and I pick Johnny Cage? Do I get a hand-gun, his energy moves, and his Nut-Punch?

2. If we die, or leave, go on the Waitlist, and then come back after having been on the Waitlist, do we have to have the same articles? So, like, using the example I would die with Johnny Cage's abilities. When I come back into the game after having been waitlisted, do I keep Johnny's abilities? Because, on the one hand, Johnny Cage's abilities are sweet, but there's only so much you can do with not only them, but with the other articles.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 15, 2016, 07:46:06 pm »

Hey, TCM? I have a couple of questions, and I'm only not PMing because the other players might want to read your answer.

1. Say you randomly get a Wikipedia article that's, say, this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mortal_Kombat_characters Are we allowed to pick a character from that list of characters, and take their attributes? Like, say, using the example, you get that article and approve it, and I pick Johnny Cage? Do I get a hand-gun, his energy moves, and his Nut-Punch?

2. If we die, or leave, go on the Waitlist, and then come back after having been on the Waitlist, do we have to have the same articles? So, like, using the example I would die with Johnny Cage's abilities. When I come back into the game after having been waitlisted, do I keep Johnny's abilities? Because, on the one hand, Johnny Cage's abilities are sweet, but there's only so much you can do with not only them, but with the other articles.

1. Without giving too much away, I use a random system to determine which article in a list you would get. So if I did get this List of Mortal Kombat Characters as an article, you could end up as Johnny Cage, but it is equally likely for you to get Nightwolf or Sektor. I want to keep it as random as the other articles, because allowing players to choose from a list would often give them an advantage, ex., in a List of Superheroes, some Superheros would clearly be superior to others.
You would get Johnny Cage's attributes if it turned out that way, most likely not all of them, but enough to let you emulate his abilities properly. Most likely you would get some combat enhancers as well as the ability to use his shadow powers.

2. Every time you come back, whether through death or a new game or otherwise, you get a new set of articles. This means that whether your Article Set was good, meh, bad, overpowered, or whatever, every time you spawn you get new opportunities and strategies. I believe this is one component that makes the game fun and constantly refreshing.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 15, 2016, 07:52:25 pm »

Thanks for your help, TCM. I really appreciate it, and I'm looking forward to what else happens in the game! Oh, and if you saw this comment earlier, with some questions...the OP answered them. I should read the OP more often.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 02:57:57 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 18, 2016, 08:47:08 pm »

*re-reads OP. Sees 24 hour update limit. Checks last update. 3 days ago, by me.* Hmm. Very intriguing. He's probably doing something cool. I'll just sit here, with my drink.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 18, 2016, 08:48:23 pm »

Could you put me on the waitlist?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 18, 2016, 08:49:06 pm »

*re-reads OP. Sees 24 hour update limit. Checks last update. 3 days ago, by me.* Hmm. Very intriguing. He's probably doing something cool. I'll just sit here, with my drink.

I was giving people some extra time to get used to the game being started up again. I'll update either tonight or tommorow afternoon.

Could you put me on the waitlist?

Yes.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 18, 2016, 08:53:35 pm »

Sorry, TCM. It's just the last time this happened, you were sick and it took a while. By the way, I hope you're doing better. I'll just keep watching and spectating until it's my turn. Again, really sorry.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 18, 2016, 08:55:04 pm »

Sorry, TCM. It's just the last time this happened, you were sick and it took a while. By the way, I hope you're doing better. I'll just keep watching and spectating until it's my turn. Again, really sorry.

It's all good my man.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 18, 2016, 09:55:59 pm »

You rock TCM.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 97