Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 152386 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 28 - Short Duel
« Reply #645 on: February 22, 2016, 07:01:30 pm »

Dismount horse. Find veterinarian—get directions to one, if possible.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: February 22, 2016, 07:04:59 pm »

Quote from: TCM
Twinwolf's conversation with the store clerk, particularly on the subject of new strange events around town, seems to distract him from his initial suspicion. "That...stuff...that's going on outside, I don't want any part of that. Seems awfully unholy to me, fire comin' out of the sky, and I hear tales of people who can jump over a building or read minds and other baloney. I know the Wikipedia Council randomly picks each city to host its games but...I really wish they didn't pick us. We're just a small, family oriented simple town. Why'd they have to come here of all places?"

This is the last exchange with your character, Twinwolf. So far it has been successful in diverting the store clerk's attention from his suspicious inquiry.
"Perhaps because of the remote location? While I can't imagine they care for human life, if it were a big city there would likely be a much larger response, and as far as I'm aware they're not invincible."

Best to keep a low profile for now, was the thought. Don't want to ruin the possible element of surprise on the first opponent.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: February 22, 2016, 07:27:21 pm »

Turn the lights off (or just throw something at them if it means I might get seen while out of cover) if they aren't already. Prepare to ambush anyone who comes near (they might know we're here, but they don't know where exactly). Shoot'em. Be ready to eat veggies at any moment.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: February 22, 2016, 07:32:20 pm »

Throw the useless gun away, get ready to ambush anyone who enters with unarmed attacks
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: February 22, 2016, 08:42:43 pm »

((Wow I died fast. Bad INIT roll too. I'll rewaitlist, if you don't mind.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: February 22, 2016, 09:22:55 pm »

((Wow I died fast.))
((You only have yourself to blame. And the dice, maybe.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 29 - Grocery Gangfight
« Reply #651 on: February 22, 2016, 11:22:29 pm »

Round 29: Grocery Gangfight
Weather Conditions: Snowing (12.5 inches)
Time: Early Morning

Twinwolf stays in the gas station store to converse with the clerk. "Perhaps because of the remote location? While I can't imagine they care for human life, if it were a big city there would likely be a much larger response, and as far as I'm aware they're not invincible." The clerk places his hands down on the counter, shaking his head. "They said it was random, totally random. It could have been some forest or mountain where no one was around. But it had to be here, where people were trying to live their lives and raise families. And now people are homeless, people are dead. And there ain't nothing nobody can do about it. Christ, even the army wouldn't know how to deal with a guy that could make tornadoes or turn into a dragon. I just hope they all leave, find somewhere else to busy themselves with killing each other." The clerk picks his head up and looks at Twin, narrowing his eyes. "Say, I don't recognize you. Which direction did you blow in from?"

Nunzillor shakes her head, this might not be as easy as she once thought. "Charge, now!" Nun skiis through the road, onto the asphalt and through the open doors. (Perception vs. Stealth: 10-1 vs. 9) Nunzillor swings her head around in an effort to spot her enemies, her eyes quickly adjusting to the darkness. She stares into the space behind the cash register, nearly jumping when she sees an armed Hawk looking back at her, a stick of celery already between his teeth. (Dexterity: 5 vs. 3) Nunzillor gets her gun up and into position slightly before Hawk can do the same. (6+2 vs. 8) Hawk ducks and a single rifle bullet hits the end of the celery stalk, ripping it out of his mouth, but leaving him otherwise unharmed.
The two standing members of the Assault Team charge the building, while the third stays behind to complain further about his injuries. (Perception: 4-1 vs. 10) The two of them rush in and begin firing wildly, utterly destroying cans and plastic packages with ammunition while not actually hitting anyone. Nunzillor has to duck herself to avoid friendly fire.
It is only at this point that the Mobile Team arrives at Downtown Denmark. "Assault Team, what's your status?"

In the ensuing chaos, Hawk grabs a turnip out of his bag. The two Assault militia cease firing for a moment, "Boss, you okay?" (1 vs. 4) Hawk pops out from under the counter and fires at the militia, trying to down each of them with a single shot and failing to injure either on both attempts. (9 vs. 10) Right before they retaliate, Hawk grabs the cash register and slides it in front of his position before ducking beneath it, letting the device absorb and deflect bullets as he hides.

Ukranian throws her pistol to the ground and goes on the offensive, rushing out of the shadows at Nunzillor. (5+2 vs. 7) Ukranian leaps and flying spin-kicks the back of Nunzillor's head. However, due to the puffy nature of Nun's clothing, she misestimates the location of her target and lands a blow on the rebel's hoodie, slightly damaging her clothing but doing no actual damage to her body.

Abstract turns off the gas in the truck to prevent it from running further and watches over the driver as he awaits help. The ambulances arrive quickly, and a pair of emergency responders pulls the driver out from the truck. As one performs CPR on him, the other asks Abstract, "Do you know him?"

Execute dives into the waters below to purge himself of the fire. He slows as he gets closer to the sea, not wanting to descend hundreds of feet and the hit the water at a blistering speed. Execute splashes and then resurfaces, his head bobbing over the water and his body soaked. His wing has become extinguished and the invaders are too far away to spot him. He swims away, surfacing about a quarter mile down the shoreline behind a cluster of rocks. As he shakes to dry himself out, he realizes the unforeseen consequences of his dive in that his wings are now too heavy to fly with and will remain that way until they dry off.

Greatness continues slinking in the shadows as he makes his way closer and closer to the source of the gunfire. As he gets closer, he watches as loud exclamations and gunshots go off in a single one-story building, the darkness within occasionally illuminated by gunfire. Seeking an opportunity, he moves towards the back of the storefront, careful to avoid any attention, which is easy considering the fighters inside are more considered with each other than what's going on beyond their space. On the rooftop of the grocery, Greatness stands by the front with one foot on the edge, peering down. He holds a Javelin in one of his hands, ready to attack, though while he is up there, no one comes back out of the store.

Salsacookies makes some modifications to his Barbell by taking all the weights on one end and adding them to the other side, in effect turning the Barbell into a giant hammer. (Barbell + Modification = Barbell Hammer) The hammer weighs well over 300 pounds, and is even harder to lift due to its lopsided nature; anyone below Salsacookies level of strength and muscularity would have an extremely hard time performing the tiniest of swings. Salsacookies walks into the city, dragging his weapon behind him like a giant club. He spots a snowmobile turning a corner and going into the town, which peaks his interest. As he climbs a nearby incline, he spots a man laying prone on top of it, armed with a rifle pointed into the city. (Stealth vs. Perception: 3-1[Heavy Object] vs. 2-1-1[Distracted/Focused]) Tiny Chuck is so engrossed in looking at what's going on down the road, he fails to hear the big man with the bigger weapon coming from behind him. Salsacookies, once he is basically on top of Chuck, greets him, "Buonasera." (1 vs. 4) Salsacookies, despite the claim of being the strongest man in the Italian Peninsula, struggles to lift his new contraption off the ground. "Oh God what the fu-" Chuck jumps to his feet and turns around, swinging his rifle at Salsa. (3 vs. 5) The rifle stock harmless bounces off of the bodybuilders massive shoulder.

Elephant Parade dismounts his horse and pulls it by the reins, favoring one foot as he attempts to find help. Approaching one of the police officers, he requests the aid of a veterinarian. "Sorry sir, but we're trying to get folks out of here first, priority on people. Let me see...do we have a veterinarian around here?" One of the health-aid workers steps forward, stating that while she was helping treat people, she is specialized in veterinarian work. She takes a look at the horse, "Poor thing, it's needs help right away, I have some things left over." The people around Elephant and the vet are explicitly angered at this, the overall frustration coming from the fact that she is using her energy and resources to help a horse while there are people in need of assistance.

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nunzillor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ukranian Ranger (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: High tyrol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Salsacookies (click to show/hide)

((Wow I died fast. Bad INIT roll too. I'll rewaitlist, if you don't mind.))
Confirmed.

Excellent work on the AAR as usual, Person.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: February 22, 2016, 11:49:47 pm »

No sir is there anything that you need my help with chap?

Ask above question observe surrondings wait for responce.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: February 23, 2016, 12:13:21 am »

Intense!

I continue to wait on the rooftop, still trying to remain undetected. As a reflex action, as soon as someone leaves the building, lob the Javelin in my hand at them, using Shinobi techniques to make sure it hits, and it hits Hard.

If I do that action, will I instantly be noticed, or can I throw it at anyone who comes through, and then re-enter stealth? EDIT: Makes sense, I guess a Samurai throwing Javelins would look...off, to say the least. Sticking to it, though.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 01:07:02 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: February 23, 2016, 12:15:50 am »

Better than burning to death.
Do I know where the natives camp is?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: February 23, 2016, 12:18:52 am »

Thank veterinarian. Offer to let the evacuation officials use the horse once it's healed, if they need it, but request that they give it back once the evacuation is finished. Compose a song based on my recent, violent experiences.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: February 23, 2016, 12:27:28 am »

Better than burning to death.
Do I know where the natives camp is?

You have an idea of the general direction.

I continue to wait on the rooftop, still trying to remain undetected. As a reflex action, as soon as someone leaves the building, lob the Javelin in my hand at them, using Shinobi techniques to make sure it hits, and it hits Hard.

If I do that action, will I instantly be noticed, or can I throw it at anyone who comes through, and then re-enter stealth?\

If they are distracted by other fighting, then you will have the opportunity to reenter stealth. If they spot you and realize that a Samurai is throwing spears at them, they'll be able to find your position.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Nunzillor

« Reply #657 on: February 23, 2016, 12:35:57 am »

((There's only three on assault team?  Were most of the militia snipers?  Not good...
Edit: oh, I see the militia count in the status now.  Damn, I'm a moron.))
"I'm fine, but identify your targets before you fire!"

Attempt to take out Hawk132 UR (my bad, got them confused) with the rifle.

Mobile team: need you to make a distraction on other side of town, then come to my position.  Help Chuck!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 01:54:27 pm by Nunzillor »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: February 23, 2016, 12:51:26 am »

Start walking, preferably in the general direction of the camp.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: February 23, 2016, 03:23:18 am »

Attack Nunzillor again, try to kick the rifle out of her hands and then land a right handed punch in her head
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 97