Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 150277 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 30 - Grocery Gangfight Pt. 2, Dire Straits
« Reply #675 on: February 25, 2016, 08:53:26 am »

Get in car sign up for relief team see if that girl is still interested.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: February 25, 2016, 06:58:55 pm »

Seek medical treatment for bleeding foot, if nobody else has more urgent injuries. Fix song's flaws.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: February 25, 2016, 11:55:51 pm »

continue to drive to hanger for the third time and if i fail put this as an auto-action(every turn i attempt this until i succeed.)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 31 - Ascension
« Reply #678 on: February 26, 2016, 12:09:09 pm »

Round 31: Ascension
Weather Conditions: Snowing (12.5 inches)
Time: Early Morning

"Pain, pain, pain!" Hawk, bleeding out all over the place, makes a desperate attempt to grab up some precious vegetables before he is shot again. (4 vs. 8) He rolls over to lay on his stomach as he sprint-crawls towards a pile of beets, but the Assault Squad has continued to train their guns on him the whole time. (2 vs. 10) They shoot wildly into the dark area below the counter, and all Hawk has to do is stay prone to avoid the stream of bullets that land at least a foot away from him, mostly hitting the wall; one of the bullets ricochets off of the wall (7) and flies into the space between the militia, failing to hit either of them. (7) Hawk makes it to one of his precious bags of veggies and almost swallows about two-thirds of the entire bag, greatly reducing the damage done to him. [Extreme Bleeding -> Light Bleeding]

Elephant Parade searches for treatment as his horse is led away. After consulting with a volunteer medic, he is put in a queue behind people with more severe injuries such as organ failure and missing limbs. Elephant utilizes this time to continue working on his next hit single, (6+2) and adds some lyrics while removing some of the higher notes that he doesn't have to attempt something out of his normal range. He is still lacking in instrumentation.

Nunzillor places two hands on the counter and pushes her neck off of it, leaving a trail of blood and other miscellaneous liquids and semi-solids streaming down the side of it. Any attempt for her to cover and pressurize the wound risks her tearing the few fibers that are keeping her head attached as a result of the grievous damage, a quick turn of the head would mean instant death. Nunzillor, realizing her fate, raises her Katana up and charges Ukrainian Ranger with a mighty warrior's cry, no longer concerned for her own safety as long as she gets one final hit on the Kung-Fu saleswoman.
(7 vs. 5+2) Ukrainian, focused on the Assault Team, fails to see Nunzillor coming until the final moments and instinctively reacts, drawing her head back and dodging the blade by about a half-inch, the steel flashing before her eyes. (2+2 vs. 9) Ukrainian comes in for a strike but Nun smacks her in the face with the dull part of the sword, knocking her away. Refusing to let Ranger get the final blow, Nunzillor put the Katana up to her neck, "Shi ima, eikō eien ni." With one swing, Nunzillor finishes what Ukrainian started. Her body topples onto the ground as her head rolls away from it.
Ukrainian Ranger forced Nunzillor to commit Seppuku!
+Article: Joseph Mössmer: +2 Neoclassical Painting & Instruction

Abstract decides to put his efforts into volunteering for the Denmark Relief Effort, but before he leaves the city he heads to one of the few remaining payphones to give Autumn a call if she'd like to come along, putting in some of his precious remaining money into the machine. (10) Abstract calls Autumn and gives a tearful soliloquy on how he's faced great hardships in his life and all he wants to do is help people, and how he'll prove it to her if she gives him another chance by coming down to Denmark. She not only gives him a second chance, his vulnerable yet eloquent speech really swayed her. Parking outside Autumn's apartment, the barista exits and gets in the passenger's seat, saying she wants to help and gives Abstract a kiss. [Autumn is smitten!] As the two of them catch up on the drive to Denmark, they find a great deal of traffic blocking their progress. "Ugh...great...wait, what the hell-?" It appears that a large factor to this slowdown is a plane driving down the highway, causing a lot of blockage. Abstract freezes up when he sees the woman driving the plane; it's a Wiki-Warrior. Autumn is confused, "Do you know her?"

Salsacookies slowly stands up, his legs still trembling. The low blow landed on him has awakened some sort of bestial power deep within his soul, "Fine, if you want to leave, I'LL SHOW YOU THE WAY!" (5-2 vs. 1) Salsacookies bull-rushes Chuck, who is stunned by the sheer speed and furiousosity that Salsa is coming onto him with, which makes it easy for the bodybuilder to wrap his hands around Chuck; while Tiny Chuck's name is supposed to be ironic, Salsacookies turns it from a joke into a fitting title. (9+2) Salsacookies hoists the militant above him and throws him over the edge, his body tumbling through the air until it hits the asphalt which lays about forty feet below. Salsacookies makes his way down the hill after hearing the satisfying splatter of Chuck and retrieves his Barbell Hammer. At the bottom, he comes across a peculiar sight, a snowmobile, an unconscious man with a Grenade Launcher and pieces of metal embedded in what might have been a person at some point.

High tyrol begins to get fed up with the traffic which she felt war worse here than even back in New York City. She presses onward but finds there someone stopping her way; a single car is still in the middle of an intersection, refusing to yield even to her mighty biplane. The car is an outdated model and the driver is wearing a WWI uniform, so High concludes she's dealing with either a crazy person or a fellow contestant, each of which would be incredibly dangerous.

Ukrainian Ranger turns to face Nunzillor after being sword slapped, but the rebel leader has already cut herself down. Thus, Ranger turns to the Assault Militia who are attempting to murder her lone ally. (3+2 vs. 8) Ranger runs up behind one of the militia with a flying knee attack, but he leaps out of the way and Ranger ends up sailing through the air and landing on top of the counter. (1 vs. 5) The other militia moves back and takes cover in one of the aisles, shooting at Ukrainian as he retreats but failing to do anything besides waste more ammunition.

Greatness waits for anyone to enter the grocery store, but there's a noticeable lack of action on the outside while gun shots and yells continue to come from within. He climbs back down from the roof and goes through the front door, ducking down and trying to stealth around the fighting while everyone else is still distracted. (4) Initially, Greatness is not seen as he turns into the aisles and stays away from the main combat. He sneaks down the Pet Food/Cleaning Supplies aisle, Katana drawn, when the militia fleeing from Ukrainian runs down the aisle and runs into him, face-to-face. Both fighters stare at each other for about a tenth of a second before trying to gain the initiative, (6 vs. 5). The Assault soldier's rifle is pointed at Greatness's torso just a second too late as Greatness has already lunged at him with his blade. (1+3 vs. 10) The militia backflips away from the attack and a dumbstruck Greatness ends up stabbing into a big of dog food, spilling kibble all over the floor. (1 vs. 6) The militia lands on his feet, and fires at Greatness, missing him but destroying even more pet chow, and running out of ammunition in the process as his empty gun makes that signature 'out of ammunition' clink.

Elephant Parade enters the city and marches back to the royal pyramid, his wings now having dried off and are fully out on display. Each person he passes immediately stops what they are doing to fall on their knees for him and bow their head. He comes to the altar plaza at the top of the pyramid, where all the nobles and soldiers inside greet him similarly, except for the Emperor who does not fall on one knee or get up from his throne, but similarly bows. "Hail, I have come bearing good news, I have destroyed one of their floating houses, even if the leader wasn't on it, the ensuing confusion ought to buy us some time while they try to find some nonexistent traitor, how are your soldiers going with the weapon training?" The Emperor picks up his head, "This is excellent news, Disciple of Quetzalcoatl. The ensuing panic may make them consider fleeing back to the realm they sprung from." (2+1[Servant Assistance]) The reports of the weapon training is disappointing, "These new weapons are fascinating and your servant is quite skilled with them, yet we find them impractical; if they are exposed to even a little water or dirt, they become inoperable, and our soldiers can fire five arrows or throw three javelins in the time it takes to fire a single shot and reload. As for your servant himself, since he is our closest communication to you while you are away, we have promoted him to the Rank of High Priest in our society."
The Emperor motions to his own servants who place some substance in the nearby torches that turn them from a mundane red to a brilliant glowing green. The Emperor ominously stands, "Our time of vengeance is at hand. I am prepared to serve you directly, and by association, I will do as you say with all of my power, and let you guide me in commanding my empire, Holy One. But to lead my people, you must have a name that speaks to the soul of our people. What do you choose?"
[+Vassal: Aztec Empire]
[Choose a God Name - Will be translated into Aztec.]

From the horizon comes forth an older man, with a parted grey hairstyle and a professional trimmed mustache, his WWI Uniform (a common fashion among contestants) adorned with all sorts of medals and stripes, indicating his high prestige and experience. He is accompanied by a serious looking black soldier many years his junior, scanning his surroundings from the sights of a Springfield Rifle. The two of them travel in a vehicle, one that lacks windows or doors or seats, in fact, it appears to have nothing on it besides a giant saddle, a steering wheel and a few wheels below; perhaps it's some sort of minimalist experimental device? Or maybe a fantastical beast that no mortal has yet seen? As it comes closer it can clearly be identified as...oh.
The venerable Major General Person rides into battle on a giant potato!

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ukrainian Ranger (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: High tyrol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Salsacookies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 08:52:21 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: February 26, 2016, 12:41:11 pm »

...Huh, didn't expect that.

"Hey! You two, the ones that aren't shooting at me. We could work together, to finish our goals!"

Attempt to form a truce/team with U.R. and Hawk with that quote, before sliding my sword out of the kibble, and charging at the Militia soldier while he's reloading, giving him no time to do so as I attempt to stab and slash him to death.

EDIT: H-h-holy CRAP! That's a lot of soldiers, Execute.

EDIT2: Edited my action after I re-read the turn, and found the Militia Assaulter has no ammo.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 04:31:07 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: February 26, 2016, 01:03:19 pm »

ask the crazy man politely to move

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: February 26, 2016, 01:08:48 pm »

(I have no words. No wait I've got something. I love it. I'll try and get another AAR up soon, but no guarantees. I was almost done with it when you posted the next turn. Now, how to go about this...)

"It seems we've finally made it to the battlegrounds. I must say, I was skeptical at first when you acquired this vehicle, but it has been growing on me. That's figuratively and literally by the way. I think we've grown an inch or two since started this trip. What do you say we have a look about town?"

Scout out the town. Search for any larger conflicts.

(I'm going to put a bit more effort into the role playing thing this time.)

Edit: Hold on a second, maybe I should reread that turn more carefully...

320,000 Aztec Soldiers

Well uh. That's certainly a thing that just happened.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 01:16:15 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: February 26, 2016, 01:30:48 pm »

ask the crazy man politely to move
Um....but I kinda need to get through to help the citzens of Denmark so can you try and move your plane?

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: February 26, 2016, 01:35:12 pm »

"YOU ASKED FOR IT!" fire planes weapons at abstract traitor hero.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: February 26, 2016, 01:41:00 pm »

DRIVE AWAY FROM THIS INSANE PSYCHOPATH CALL THE POLICE!!!!

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 26, 2016, 01:55:31 pm »

if he leaves the intersection politely saye thank you for getting out of my way and. Continue  to the airport.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: February 26, 2016, 02:11:52 pm »

320,000 Aztec Soldiers

I think Execute just won.

Return fire!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 05:00:57 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: February 26, 2016, 02:17:19 pm »

320,000 Aztec Soldiers

I think Execute just won.

It may look daunting, but it's not like one good slash or bullet would end his regime. Look at Nunzillor, she had a whole squad worth of people and in the end it took one good kick to the head.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: February 26, 2016, 02:25:22 pm »

Throw the guy off to the side, hold my barbell hammer with the handle sticking out like a lance. Grab the grenade launcher, and put it in the back,  and ride into the town proper
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 05:04:40 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: February 26, 2016, 03:17:24 pm »

Throw the guy off to the side, and put my barbell hammer on the front of the snowmobile, with the handle sticking out the front of if. Grab the grenade launcher, and ride into the town proper

(Basically, I just added a barbell lance to the snowmobile,and I'm carrying a grenade launcher with me)

How are you attaching it to the front of the Snowmobile?
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 97