Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 150241 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 37 - Conquistador Calamity Pt. 2
« Reply #795 on: March 10, 2016, 09:40:30 pm »

((To be completely honest I think my character has honestly forgotten their a wiki warrior and is literally just living his life now.))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: March 10, 2016, 11:32:48 pm »

(If you're referring to my mentions of you in the AAR's, just know that I'm not trying to disparage you or anything. Honestly, don't take anything I say in character too seriously. I'll probably stop covering you in those unless you change your mind or something. But really, your participation in this is actually kind of a neat way to get a lay man's view of the situation. If our characters actually meet, I'll probably try to form a truce of some sort.)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: March 11, 2016, 12:23:06 am »

((No I'm being serious in character he has kinda forgotten due to everything that's been happening I'm not offended at all and you can keep including me in the aars.))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: March 11, 2016, 10:43:50 am »

Alright, enough faffing about. Let's go try to find someone who seems to be using unnatural powers (I.E. Another participant.)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: March 11, 2016, 11:50:36 am »

I shall now commence the knocking out of conquistadors!
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: March 11, 2016, 03:57:04 pm »

(Hey, TCM, quick question. Since it pertains to the game, I'll put it in the thread, for future reference I'll PM stuff like this. Who can I call with my Radio? I mean, there's the revolution, and apparently the Police, but who else can I contact through the Radio, like maybe Cars in the area?)

EDIT:Reworded the original version of the question to make more sense.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 04:39:06 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 38 - Shark in Sheep's Clothing
« Reply #801 on: March 13, 2016, 02:31:46 am »

Round 38: Shark in Sheep's Clothing
Weather Conditions: Snow (12.5 inches)
Time: Morning

Twinwolf, after spending a considerable amount of time loitering around in a gas station, makes his way deeper within the town, searching specifically for those with abilities equally unnatural as his own, or perhaps even more bizarre. In the distance he can hear the gunshots indicative of either gang violence or the convergence of multiple Wiki-Warriors. If multiple competitors were around, that would exponentially increase the chance of finding someone with supernatural abilities, but if a fight was going on it also increased the odds of him getting in the crossfire. He remains at a distance, taking the backroads and alleyways to avoid being seen which might prompt an attack. Peeking out of one of these alleyways, he watches the desperate struggle of Renaissance Age soldiers fending off against fellow tournament participants armed with modern firearms, it appears to be a one-sided fight. At the moment, there are no superpowers on display, except for a man riding on top of a potato which at best odd and not supernatural. Twinwolf is able to see in the midst of the fighting a painting lying on the ground, exuding a purple glow, not something a normal painting would do. He gets a hunch that this painting may be one of the most magical things in his surroundings...

Greatness gets down on a single knee and props the butt of his rifle against his shoulder, his position optimal for accurate shots. (5 vs. 4) Another shot, another superficial wound as one of the bullets finds Dad, just barely grazes the skin off of his right cheek, had the bullet come just an inch to the left Greatness's jaw would have been destroyed. (8+2 vs. 9) Person aims his pistol to the best of his ability and fires off an accurate and equally damaging retaliating shot that might have gone straight through his heart had it not hit his armor in just the right way that it would be absorbed, the Samurai would fell something smash into his chest and stop just short of bodily penetration. Following this, Greatness runs away and (6) takes cover behind a car carcass while using his Radio to contact the police; he only gets static and indeterminable chatter, are they just as tied up as the militia?

Execute ruminates on the Emperor's joke about the 'Spirit of Plagues', which inspires him to take a trip down to the captured Spanish Warship. Indeed, in the sleeping areas there are still the recently used blankets and bed spreads of the explorers, hopefully coated in all of their civilization-destroying pathogens. They could be used in the future, but he would have to be very careful; his immune system could tolerate the contents of the materials, but exposing them to the Aztecs could be ruinous.
Amihiyotzinuatmotlapal brings along Yuri, now the Aztec High Priest, on another visit up North to the Texcocan Tribe. Yuri is armed with his Dagger, and while he couldn't conceal a Musket, a Conquistador's Pistol could fit right in his robes. (+Conquistador's Pistol) Upon their arrival, the two search for Ihiyo, the patron spirit of the Texcocan Tribe, but find him nowhere. The tribespeople they question say that Ihiyo vanished yesterday without a word, and hasn't been seen since.

Ukrainian begins backing away from the fight and towards Hawk who she relies upon for medical aid. She still has a Conquistador out for blood attacking her, and has to disable him for long enough that she can get away without having a sword to her back. (4 vs. 10) Ukrainian thrusts the Katana at her attacker in the aims of putting some distance between the two of them, only to have him step forward and parry her blade, knocking it away and actually closing in on her. (3 vs. 1) He swings his blade at her and she is able to awkwardly block, but this leaves her completely open to his following attack, a punch from his free hand to her face, striking her in the already bruised nose to break it. Ukrainian stumbles backwards; deciding that she is on the losing side of this fight for now, she flees with Conquistador hot on her tail. (9) Despite her skin growing pale to the amount of blood she is losing, Ukrainian sprints at full speed towards Hawk.

High Tyrol continues making shooting practice out of the Conquistadors, having already badly wounded one of them. (5 vs. 8) This time, she fails to hit any, though she does manages to fill some buildings with enough lead that their store fronts are now beyond repair; if there were points for property damage she would be racking them up fast.

Abstract asks Autumn where she would want to go. She puts a finger to her lips, "Like um...Chicago, New York, San Francisco. Somewhere where we could have a future, I could keep working on getting into acting and you could do what  you want to do. What is your dream exactly?" She asks, sliding her back against the car door. Autumn bites her lip, it's quite cute.

Hawk watches as Ukrainian runs towards him, a sword-wielding Conquistador coming up right behind her. He intervenes, putting his AR15 up and (1 vs. 2) wasting ammo on the air. This failed shot allows the Conquistador another free attack on Ukrainian, (9 vs. 10) swinging his blade at her; fortunately she reacts fast enough and ducks, some strands of hair coming free of her head as the sword swings through. Hawk risks some more shots, he won't be able to work on Ukrainian if some Spanish guy is stabbing at them with a sword while he's operating. (5 vs. 2) This time works out a lot better, one bullet to the hand and the Conquistador drops his weapon, giving U.R. enough time to meet up with Hawk, who takes off his expensive suit to improvise as bandaging material, slimming down to just a long sleeved workshirt with a tie and his formal pants. (Medical: 2+2) The suit isn't enough to stop the bleeding, it turns out that since it was designed to be filled with many small holes to allow air through to make its wearer more comfortable, it makes for a poor surface to stop the flow of blood. Ukrainian looks like she is in poor shape. If he doesn't manage something fast, this could be it. [Very Heavy Bleeding -> Mortal Bleeding]

"What!? No! Your death will not be in vain!" Person grieves at the loss of his comrade, shouting over the gunfire exchange between himself and Greatness. When Greatness ducks out of sight, Person turns his gun towards a new target, Ukrainian Ranger as she receives medical assistance from Hawk. (10+2 vs. 2) A single effortless bullet, and Ukrainian's brain matter splatters all over Hawk; she dies instantly in his arms in a scene that could draw comparison to JFK's limp body in the embrace of his wife. Person lowers his gun and looks upon his kill feeling somewhat avenged.
Person has vengance'd Ukrainian Ranger!
+Article: Fred Carr: +2 Tackling, +1 Throwing, +Metal Disk, +Metal Sphere, +Football Helmet

Salsacookies lunges at the only uninjured Conquistador who had stayed to fight, (7 vs. 5) and gives him a right hook to the neck. The Conquistador falls over, clutching at his new painful injury.

Hawk has little time to mourn over Ukrainian as the Conquistador he had just shot has now retrieved his shortsword with his good hand and resumed charging. He runs up and Hawk backs off as the Spaniard attacks Ukrainian, unaware that Person had killed her moments ago; he thrusts her sword into her chest, further mutilating her corpse and changing her status from "Definitely Dead" to "Really, Really Dead". Occupied with his "kill", the Conquistador fails to realize that Hawk is standing by him with an assault rifle at point-blank range. (9+2[Point Blank] vs. 5) Those Conquistador Helmets turn out to be very ineffective against AR15 fire; the recipient falls and slumps over U.R.'s body. [+1 Conquistador Point]
The Conquistador that Salsa just manhandled attempts to shoot him while laying on his back, one hand still clutching his neck. (2-2 vs. 5) Salsa easily kicks the Conquistador's pistol away, sending it into the snow far out of reach. (3 vs. 10-2) Salsacookies gives the Conquistador a good kick in the ribs; this does not go well as he sends his barely protected foot into hard metal. Salsa curses loudly as he hops around on his good foot, giving the Conquistador enough time to shake off the pain and get back to his feet.
The other Conquistador in the combat area is still unconscious.
The remaining Conquistador's, sans the one that High Tyrol had shot and who just bled out, (+1 Conquistador Point) all continue making a beeline to the edges of the town, so single-mindedly focused on their goal that fail to realize that they will soon cross paths with Twinwolf, that is, if he steps out of the Alleyway to intercept them. If left unimpeded, any of the four could exit Denmark borders next turn, causing everyone involved in the Quest to lose!

There was something else about NAV when he arrived. Perhaps it was the fact that while many people came to the tournament dressed in their finest suits or dress, or at least some nice casual wear, NAV's clothes looked like something made after a long day of dumpster diving. It could also be the medal on his right breast that was only given out during the Spanish-American war, which he most likely did not fight him. Still, he felt like a fish out of water...something fishy. Could it be his innate ability to turn into a giant shark? Or was it that he just smelled funky?
NAV has come for the Seafood!

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: High tyrol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Salsacookies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)

(Hey, TCM, quick question. Since it pertains to the game, I'll put it in the thread, for future reference I'll PM stuff like this. Who can I call with my Radio? I mean, there's the revolution, and apparently the Police, but who else can I contact through the Radio, like maybe Cars in the area?)

EDIT:Reworded the original version of the question to make more sense.
You weren't able to get through to the police, maybe you would have if they hadn't just come under fire by a group of secessionists. Later, after everything blow over and assuming nothing else comes up where they aren't attacked or distracted, then you could manage something more.

If you experiment with the different wavelengths, you could definitely find something. Maybe it will be all static, but who knows until you give it a shot?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 03:59:41 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: March 13, 2016, 03:34:45 am »

Okay, thinking time, he could have left silently, ashamed of his pretending to be a spirit, he could be planning to ambush me, or...
...He could be going to try to fufill his story, and go up to the volcano.
Hey, TCM, was this guy native?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: March 13, 2016, 03:58:50 am »

Murder Person. Fill him with lead.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: March 13, 2016, 04:03:43 am »

Looking out onto the battlefield, I see UR's death. Mourning will have to wait, as I aim another 3 round burst toward...anyone, really. One of the Conquistadors, Person, Salsacookies, anyone who seems to have an opening I can exploit. Afterwards, I take cover behind the car, and try out different wavelengths to see who I can contact.

NAV's back, and he's a Great White with a FAMAS? Nice! Welcome back.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 04:30:19 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: March 13, 2016, 04:39:44 am »

Looking out onto the battlefield, I see UR's death. Mourning will have to wait, as I aim another 3 round burst toward...anyone, really. One of the Conquistadors, Person, Salsacookies, anyone who seems to have an opening I can exploit. Afterwards, I take cover behind the car, and try out different wavelengths to see who I can contact.
Does that 'anyone' include me?
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: March 13, 2016, 10:25:52 am »

Okay, thinking time, he could have left silently, ashamed of his pretending to be a spirit, he could be planning to ambush me, or...
...He could be going to try to fufill his story, and go up to the volcano.
Hey, TCM, was this guy native?

He appeared to be. If he's say, a European or a dimension hopper like you he's putting on an excellent front.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: March 13, 2016, 11:20:52 am »

Back to the waiting list
Should not get overconfident next time
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: March 13, 2016, 11:44:08 am »

Play song for refugees, being very careful about the musket part. Actually, just skip the musket part; substitute something less deadly for it, for the moment.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: March 13, 2016, 11:54:23 am »

Play song for refugees, being very careful about the musket part. Actually, just skip the musket part; substitute something less deadly for it, for the moment.

The refugees are gone, about half way to Green Bay now. You're standing in the middle of a deserted tent city.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 97