Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 152340 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 38 - Shark in Sheep's Clothing
« Reply #825 on: March 15, 2016, 12:33:18 am »

Cruise around town in my sports car looking for useful or valuable things to scavenge.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 39 - Expert Marksmanship
« Reply #826 on: March 15, 2016, 12:39:30 am »

Round 39: Expert Marksmanship
Weather Conditions: Snow (12.5 inches)
Time: Morning

Hawk does not emotionally process Ukrainian's death, it is pure instinct and reflexes that drive the movement of his gun's barrel pointing from where the Conquistador once stood to Person's mobile position. (6 vs. 3) Hawk sprays and is rewarded as a bullet finds the flesh of Person's foot.

Elephant Parade literally seeks out his crowd as he sets out upon the evacuation path they had taken. The road is silent and lonely for most of Elephant's journey, until he both spots and hears the massive traffic up ahead. Running forward to locate the source of the hold-up, Elephant discovers the evacuation party, or what's left of it. Cars, civilian and police, are strewn all over the road. Discordant cries and screams, medical personnel running around attending to the wounded. Some of the bodies have already been covered up. The scene is eerily similar to the status of the emergency site in Denmark when Elephant had first arrived.

Abstract asks Autumn if she wants to go get her stuff and she enthusiastically agrees. Abstract lets her off at her apartment, aiding her in taking her belongings down to the car; she only brings what she deems necessary, even if it is already a modest amount of materials she started with. After it is all packed away, Abstract suggests that they go to New York City. "I'm ready if you're ready." She embraces her companion, standing on her toes to meet him for a sweet kiss. (+Autumn's Belongings [$2,000, Portable Television, Dresser, Various Essentials])

Execute and Yuri begin their search for Ihiyo, asking the Texcocans if there are any volcanoes in the nearby vicinity. They are given directions to the nearby active Frothing Mouth, a thin volcano that oozes with potent lava. Execute take to the air while Yuri stays on the ground and encircles it, both of them searching for the proclaimed Great Spirit. Several hours later, with the sun laying low in the horizon, Ihiyo has not been located. Execute and Yuri retire back to the village, sweaty and tired.
After he catches his breath, Yuri pitches his two cents, "I think he may have gone somewhere else. What if that story about the volcano was pure nonsense, like everything else he had said?"

Greatness, in a similar state of grieving to Hawk, channels his rage and sadness into violence. He swings his gun around, choosing a target seemingly at random; he stops on the last remaining Conquistador. (1 vs. 10) In his intense grief, Greatness neglects to use proper form on his gun. Holding it loosely, he pulls the trigger and the recoil sends the gun out of his hands (AR15: Dropped), (3) and ends up firing into his own stomach area. Regeneration might save Greatness, but is not prevent him from being winded and badly hurt by taking a shot to the gut that penetrates his armor. He clutches his bleeding wound, limping away, and going behind a building where he slumps into a sitting position. Even his impairment does not stop him from experimenting with different wavelengths on his portable radio. (5) He manages to find a cluster of wavelengths belonging to long-distance truck drivers, could they be useful somehow?'

Person feels his foot get shot, blood splattering onto the side of his beautiful vehicle; the wound wouldn't be a big deal at the moment, but if he had to step off of his ride it would mean trouble. And at this point he was getting tired of getting shot at, sure, it was nothing serious, but all of these minor wounds could quickly become serious if he got too many of them. When he witnesses Greatness shooting himself in some sort of bizarre accident, he takes the opportunity to steer his potato away from the combat and drive off towards the road. (4) He makes it away from the main lot where the fighting was taking place and gets on the road, the slippery, icy conditions of the road force him to slow up some, creating further distance between himself and the fleeing Conquistadors. Dad tries his hands at long-distance accuracy, holding his pistol out with both hands and taking careful, single shots. (1-1[Long Distance] vs. 8) The very first shot Person takes ricochets off the side of a building and comes flying back at him, (5) and hits him in the ankle right above where he had just been shot. To make things even better, that shot jammed his pistol.

In the ensuing chaos, Salsacookies runs for his Barbell Hammer, the Conquistador that Greatness failed to shoot (or even fail to shoot at) chases him down. (Agility: 7 vs. 10) The Conquistador is surprisingly swift, coming from behind Salsa and swinging his blade at the Olympian's backside, (1 vs. 4) utterly missing and stumbling, giving Salsa plenty of time to recover his improvised weapon. (8-2 vs. 1) Because of his wound, Salsa is forced to use mainly one hand to wield the giant weapon, which fails to do much damage as he swings into the Conquistador, merely smashing his ribcage with such force that the bones jam into all of the squishy organs they were built to protect. The Conquistador dies too quickly to appreciate the anatomical irony. [+1 Conquistador Point]

High tyrol, the last hope for the success of this Quest for anyone, makes one last gun-run on the remaining Conquistadors. (5 vs. 6) The machine gun bears down upon the runners, it would take only a couple seconds to tear all of them to pieces, and yet all of them remain whole as Tyrol passes by, cursing to herself.

NAV, the new guy in town, cruises around the streets, casually passing by the bodies and ruins that litter the place, looking for anything of use. (8+2) Among the rubble he spots the remains of a BMW crashed into a wall, but otherwise it was in fine condition. Rolling up to it, he looks inside to see that the bodies inside are still fresh and likely loaded with whatever they were carrying. It would be grossly indecent to loot the contents of the car and the people inside, but it's not like they needed the stuff any longer.

The fleeing Conquistadors cross a sign designating the city limits of Denmark, Wisconsin. The four of the survivors hoop and holler, jumping with glee as if they had found a trove of Aztec Treasures. They never cease to stop moving as they run down the road.
Meanwhile, (10) the previously unconscious Conquistador, unaware of his comrades victories, wakes up and quickly gets to his feet, quickly alert.

Quest: Conquistador Calamity - FAILED

Point Leaderboard:
Person - 4
Hawk - 1
Salsacookies - 1

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: High tyrol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Salsacookies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)

Can I be waitlisted?

Yes.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 15, 2016, 12:45:28 am »

((That's two of my characters who have successfully kissed their waifu though this one was more normal. Other one was a romance between a human favoured soul female masochist and a half snake tsundere princess))
Kiss her passionately! Then  begin driving to new York turn on the radio to a nice song.
((I think this guy will never die))
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 12:50:00 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: March 15, 2016, 12:51:42 am »

Like a true samurai. 8)

While regenerating, I think about everything that's happened, when I realize something, Salsacookies. Hawk's still there, and while Salsa's thinking about turning another Conquistador into a smoothie, he will realize someone else is there, so it's time for the noble thing. I wait to finish regenerating, then I queue up, waiting for the right moment to charge at Salsacookies with my Katana.

Also, Abstract...nice.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 12:59:26 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: March 15, 2016, 12:53:41 am »

Like a true samurai. 8)

While waiting to regenerate, I concentrate when I remember something, my old Helmet! Grasping onto straws, I attempt to see if the combination of the Chemicals used to power the device, and exposure to the devices capabilities have given me any residual Psychic Powers. If anyone other than Hawk comes over to me, stop concentrating on powers I may or may not have, and slice them up with my Katana.

I'm going to go ahead and say that the cool helmet has no imbued you with long lasting abilities. :P
Go kill some people and then maybe you'll get more cool magic powers.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: March 15, 2016, 12:55:48 am »

Alright, well, it was worth a shot. :-\ I'll alter my action to be more Awesome! 8)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 01:00:18 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: March 15, 2016, 02:25:27 am »

May i join the madness?
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: March 15, 2016, 02:36:21 am »

"It likely was, I just hoped that... My words had given him resolve, will, to fufill his name.
I wanted to think I had done something positive."
The spirit started to stare into the horizon, before shaking himself off, and returning to his focused glare.
"Whatever, no time to fall into thought, it is time for action!
Alright, I shall stay in this village, start slandering his name, see if I can stir up some controversy, you are to take those tainted bedcloths and put fruit and the like in it, as a pouch, then go to the other village proclaiming yourself as an ambassador for the [False fire-breathing spirit's village], taking those in as a gift, if you get in, try to figure out if any of them know where that man has gone, I could use evidence of his treachery to soil his name."
He turns to leave, before turning around, something occuring to him.
"And please do be careful not to let any of our allies go near the sheets or touch anything that touched the sheets beforehand if you're going to get the gifts from them? I don't think our tribe would appreciate it if the "plague spirit" I called down targeted them."
PLAN B GO.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: March 15, 2016, 10:19:14 am »

Fly back to airport and refuel plane then start writing a poem about ww2 dogfight

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: March 15, 2016, 10:26:00 am »

Well, not that we've been brought together... smash Person's skull in!
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: March 15, 2016, 11:12:43 am »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: March 15, 2016, 11:27:59 am »

If there's still any hostiles around (that means anyone but Greatness), shoot. Otherwise reload. Take UR's katana afterwards.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: March 15, 2016, 11:43:50 am »

What am I waiting for, scavenge away! Not like they need it anymore.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: March 15, 2016, 03:56:14 pm »

Heal my leg by whatever means necessary.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: March 15, 2016, 04:50:45 pm »

Uh, do we know what caused the damage? I skimmed the turn, but I didn't see any actions that would have caused it.

...Offer my aid, I guess? I don't have medical training, but there might be something I can do.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 97