Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 152409 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 39 - Expert Marksmanship
« Reply #840 on: March 15, 2016, 05:28:04 pm »

The gist of it is that some of the remaining members of Nunzillor's rebellion attacked that place a little while back.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 40 - The Last Conquistador
« Reply #841 on: March 16, 2016, 11:04:06 am »

Round 40: The Last Conquistador
Weather Conditions: Snow (12.5 inches)
Time: Morning
NAV, without a hint of moral guilt, opens up the crashed car and loots the bodies inside. (+$595, +Fancy Watch, +2 Wedding Rings, +Gold Necklace, +Various Credit Cards) He finds little in the way of practical devices like weapons and cools, but it holds a literal treasure trove of valuables, and there's no one to watch him as far as he can see.

Person swings his right leg on top of the saddle to look at it, and it doesn't look too great at the moment. (Medical: 4) Person rips off his pants that conceal his lower right leg and ties the fabric around the wound in an attempt to minimize the bleeding. It does stint the flow for the moment, but it feels like it's not going to stay on for long, as the absorbent material is quickly getting heavier and heavier with the amount of blood seeping out of Dad. The bleeding in his ankle stops however, but the actually detrimental wound remains. [Right Ankle Bleeding Cured]

Greatness sits at the building, waiting for his body to heal him up. Since it's a gradual and non-immediate process, it doesn't completely fix his wounds  by it lessens its severity. [Heavy Bleeding -> Moderate Bleeding] When his bloodflow slow down, he stands and walks back into the lot, watching Salsacookies standing over the Conquistador, Barbell Hammer in hand. With his focus on another target, Greatness runs at Salsa from the side, sprinting at full speed and then taking a large Katana swing. (9+3 vs. 3) Greatness's blood leaves a trail in the snow under him when he meets Salsacookies, the Olympian noticing him and lifting his hammer to block. Greatness, a skilled Samurai, fakes out at the last moment, switching from a slashing attack to a stab as he thrusts the blade several inches into Salsa's chest. Salsacookies looks down as he feels the smooth metal pierce deeply inside of his chest. He drops the Hammer.

Elephant Parade rushes to the scene of the disaster, looking around to aid these people. Spotting an unattended unconscious man on the ground, Elephant kneels over him; he doesn't have any professional medical training, but maybe some improvised CPR will work here. (Medical: 7, Successes) Elephant spends several minutes performing mouth-to-mouth and chest presses with no response, when the man gasps and returns to the world of the living. "W-what's going on?" The man is panicked, obviously unaware of the current situation, or he had received enough trauma to cause him to forget. Police officers and emergency responders weave around him and Elephant.

Abstract puts his arms around Autumn and reciprocates with a deep passionate kiss, what a nice beginning to a new life for the both of them. The two hold hands as they go to the car and drive off, leaving Green Bay for the shining bright lights of New York City. Abstract puts on a warm, sunny pop song as they merge onto the highway. The driving is pretty something going east.

Salsacookies is furious; once he won this competition, he was planning on competing in the Summer Olympics, and having a Katana thrust into his heart was really going to mess up his training schedule. Even with this very fatal wound, Salsa is able to shock Greatness as he reaches forward and grabs the Samurai's neck, maintaining an iron grip in a position where a normal person would have fallen immediately. (2+2 vs. 8 ) Struggling against the massive hand around his throat and being lifted into the air, Greatness lets go off his Katana still embedded in Salsa's torso and reaches for his side. As Greatness kicks his legs around and gasps for air, the weightlifter grins vindictively, believing that even in his death he will have vengeance. What he fails to notice is Salsa pulling out his Wakizashi with a single hand and swinging it into his left arm. Salsa drops the Samurai in pain and shock, grasping at his new wound. Greatness lands on his feet, and swings once more, (6+3 vs. 3) cutting his entire waistline apart. This final blow is enough to send Salsa to his knees, his entrails spilling upon the ground. Greatness takes no pity on the whimpering giant, pulling the Katana out of his chest and kicking him down onto his back, watching the final bits of life escape from his body.
Greatness has cut down Salsacookies!
+Article: Bayan Ko: +2 Politics, +2 Corruption Investigation

High tyrol slumps in her seat, disappointed that she has failed the Quest despite leading the scoreboard. She turns her plane around and heads back to the airport, setting it down next to a fueling station. She exits and begins the refueling process; while waiting, she begins to write a poem on the subject of WWII Aerial Combat. (4+2) It's not her favorite piece so far, but it would be suitable for a open mic night at a local cafe. (+Standard Quality WWII Dogfighting Poem)

"It likely was, I just hoped that... My words had given him resolve, will, to fufill his name. I wanted to think I had done something positive." Execute stares off into the horizon as Yuri shrugs, "You did all that you could, there is no hope to a man who turns to fraud for glory."
Execute snaps out of his trance, "Alright, I shall stay in this village, start slandering his name, see if I can stir up some controversy, you are to take those tainted bedcloths and put fruit and the like in it, as a pouch, then go to the other village proclaiming yourself as an ambassador for the Texcocan, taking those in as a gift, if you get in, try to figure out if any of them know where that man has gone, I could use evidence of his treachery to soil his name." Yuri nods and runs off, but stops to hear one last order from Execute,  "And please do be careful not to let any of our allies go near the sheets or touch anything that touched the sheets beforehand if you're going to get the gifts from them? I don't think our tribe would appreciate it if the "plague spirit" I called down targeted them."
(Slander: 7+2[Target has Fled, Unable to Defend Themselves]) Execute goes around Texcocan City, declaring that their own spirit is a fraud and coward. There initially is resistance to this, but when Execute points out that Ihiyo had fled rather than stay and challenge these claims, the people begin to doubt their proclaimed spirit. When Execute explains how one can emulate fire breathing with some alcohol and clever tricks, that creates a huge turning point; the Texcocan's now shout for Amihiyotzinuatmotlapal as loudly as they once did for Ihiyo, some even call for the capture and execute of the false spirit. Execute is brought to the Texcocan Emperor for talks in a palace not as grand as the Aztec's Emperor, but impressive nonetheless. Their emperor claims that he will support Execute, but pleas for his own sovereign control of his empire.
Back in Tenochtitlan, Yuri gathers up several bedsheets from the captured Spanish war vessel in secret, improvising them as packaging for several pieces of fruity delicacies. During the night, Yuri heads south alone, not wanting any Aztec to follow him in fear of them becoming contaminated; he also sheds his Aztec Holy Priest garb, which would be a giveaway to his true origins, instead wearing a hooded outfit to conceal his fair skin. (8 ) Yuri, posing as a member of the Texcocan's, is allowed access into the capital of the Artawa allow him inside and accept his gift of abundant fruit. The Artawa officials feast upon the fruit, unknowingly exposing themselves to the blankets as well. Once the exchange is finished, Yuri returns to Tenochtitlan the following day.

Hawk runs back into combat and looks around: Person is long gone, Salsacookies is laying blood-soaked on the ground as Greatness pulls a sword out of his chest, and a single standing Conquistador is loading his musket. (10 vs. 5) Before he can finish, a single AR15 round punctures his armor and the chest underneath it, and he crumples to the ground, the last hostile Conquistador finished off. Finally out of immediate combat, Hawk reloads his rifle and then goes to rendezvous with his last ally.

Above the skies of Denmark sails a large plane that the skilled eye could point out as a World War 2 Bombing Ship, its markings designating it as British. At the pilot's seat was not a British Fighter Pilot however, but instead a German-American in a sharp suit, poker chips and pill bottles strewn all over the floor. After it had been bombarded before, yet another threat of bombardment hovered above the once quiet Wisconsin town. Although no one on the ground realized it, the Bomber could not fly and drop bombs simultaneously at the moment, considering it needed at least two crew members to perform a bombing run and a whole seven crew to operate at full functionality.
birdy51 has arrived to drop bombs, both figuratively and literally!

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: High tyrol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: birdy51 (click to show/hide)

If no one protests, I'm going to allow Abstract to arrive at NYC within the next turn, otherwise it will most likely result in several turns of him saying "drive to NYC" and me replying, "okay, you get closer", over and over.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 40: The Last Conquistador
« Reply #842 on: March 16, 2016, 11:12:42 am »

(Awesome but first))
drive for new York!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: March 16, 2016, 01:22:28 pm »

After finishing off Salsacookies, I feel the spill of blood onto the banks of snow. Collapsing on one knee, I finish regenerating, or at least try to. Afterwards, I feel a surge of new power, and rise up. I meet up with Hawk, and then attempt to find a car, or perhaps a motorcycle, with which to leave, all while also trying to find a wavelength that isn't being used by a trucker.

Like a true samurai.  8) You were awesome, Salsacookies!

EDIT: If, while doing all that, I can also pick up my AR-15? I don't know if my character can search for vehicles, tune the radio, and pick up his gun in the same turn.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 05:26:51 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: March 16, 2016, 01:27:24 pm »

After finishing off Salsacookies, I feel the spill of blood onto the banks of snow. Collapsing on one knee, I finish regenerating, or at least try to. Afterwards, I feel a surge of new power, and rise up. I meet up with Hawk, and then attempt to find a car, or perhaps a motorcycle, with which to leave, all while also trying to find a wavelength that isn't being used by a trucker.

Like a true samurai.  8) You were awesome, Salsacookies!
(Yeah, GG. Nice writing, TCM, happy to see I kept my strength until the end, that was cool.)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: March 16, 2016, 01:42:17 pm »

Hunt down the remaining Conquistadors, not as a enemies, but as potential allies in the tough world. If they wish to survive, I would suggest that they join me in my flying ship, with which we will set the City of Denmark aflame with Revolution!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: March 16, 2016, 02:55:26 pm »

Load a new mag in. Grab UR's katana. Unless someone already took it and I didn't notice. Assist Greatness in finding us a vehicle.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: March 16, 2016, 04:00:40 pm »

Drive around, searching for anywhere that could have medical equipment. Perhaps the remnants of the refugee camps, if no buildings seem to hold what I need. Avoid my fellow warriors for the time being. Meanwhile, fix my pistol.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: March 16, 2016, 05:12:25 pm »

"I'm not sure. You could ask one of the guys running around, maybe, though I'm not sure they'd appreciate it. By the way, are you from around here? We're in Wisconsin—pretty close to Denmark, I think."

Look for someone who doesn't look busy; if I can find someone fitting this description, ask them what happened.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: March 16, 2016, 06:09:40 pm »

((Phew, I think I'm finally approaching the end of this big adventure, just a few more things I need to do before I can actually be in the big Deathmatch I signed on for 20 turns ago unless something big and bad happens.
Speaking of, has Yuri failed a single check yet?))
It doesn't even take a second until Dumbo replies, "Of course, I have no need for control over this place, I only want to help you expand your strength, promise you shall support my forces, and I will ask nothing else of you.
Incidentally, do not go near the Artawa's land, from what I hear, a plague spirit has been unleashed upon them, and they are notoriously uncaring about their victims."
Alright, shake on it, not much else to do, except start a montage where I explain to all of my soldiers what travel through the portal is going to be like, and explain to them what we will be entering once we get to our destination.
Also, get them to never go near any of the Artawas for the time being.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: March 17, 2016, 01:01:40 am »

Keep cruising around town looking for stuff. Weapons, armour, mischealaneous loot, loot leftover from dead wiki warriors, fellow living wiki warriors. Whatever. I'm not too picky.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: March 17, 2016, 09:37:08 pm »

destroy birdys bomber before he gets a crew . Ataaaaaaaack!!!!!!!!!!!!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 41: Empire State of Mind
« Reply #852 on: March 20, 2016, 01:54:37 am »

Round 41: Empire State of Mind
Weather Conditions: Snow (12.5 inches)
Time: Morning

Abstract stays on the wheel, focusing on the road ahead, the radio blasting music. Autumn switches between casual conversation, speculations of their future, looking at her phone, and napping. After hours of highways, countrysides and small towns, soon the sight of true cities and centers of industry come into view: factories, office buildings, packed streets. When he drives through a bridge, he can see the skyscrapers on the horizon. Abstract passes a sign, "WELCOME TO NEW YORK CITY".

Person drives down the street alone, avoiding further contact with his competition as he searches for medical supplies to replace the inadequate work he has done so far, the heavy tires of his SpudMobile(c) crunching over the cracked concrete of the road. It putts along until Person reaches the abandoned refugee center, a ground of tents and miscellaneous materials everywhere, all forsaken by those who had left their city. Dad parks his vehicle by the side of the road and gets off, limping to the city of tents. (9) He spends several minutes going through the tents, looking for something useful but only coming up with torn clothes, empty parcels of food and used medical supplies. After checking a few medical tents with dissapointing results, Person is surprised to find one containing a partially used by still very viable Professional Medical Kit. (+Professional Medical Kit [Fabric Bandages, Gauze Bandages, Trauma Pads, 2 Medical Slings, 4 Cold Compresses, Burn Relief Gel, 4 Vinyl Gloves, Other Miscellaneous Medical Equipment]) This a timely find since his own attempts at improvised bandaging is falling apart.

Birdy, searching for a crew, scans around the area for the Conquistadors that had escaped the wrath of the other Wiki-Warriors. (Searching: 5 - Fail) The bomber makes several passes of the town without coming up with a trace of the Conquistadors; this search would be a lot easier if, ironically, Birdy had a crew to manage the plane's equipment. They could be in the forest area near the town, which would conceal their position from any eyes in the sky such as Birdy.

As the Texcocan Emperor makes his desperate pleas, Execute responds: " "Of course, I have no need for control over this place, I only want to help you expand your strength, promise you shall support my forces, and I will ask nothing else of you." The Emperor graciously agrees and thanks Execute for his kindness, bowing his heads. Execute follows this up, "Incidentally, do not go near the Artawa's land, from what I hear, a plague spirit has been unleashed upon them, and they are notoriously uncaring about their victims."
Afterwards, Execute returns to Tenochtitlan and tells the Emperor to create an edict banning anyone from going into the Artawa territory. Yuri suggests building some sort of structure or blockage preventing travel at the southern border.
Amihiyotzinuatmotlapal's final order of business is gathering all of his generals and preparing them for an interdimensional mission. He describes what the sensation of being sucked through a portal is like to prevent panic. He then goes into detail about where he comes from, as he refers to it, 'The Spirit World', where his followers will engage evil spirits that rival himself in power. The world is a strange one he warns, and begins to explain things such as electricity, time, and vehicles, among other modern creations. The generals seem uneasy with going up against foes that "can shoot fifty times quicker than a musket" or "great metal ships that fly in the skies".

Greatness, after slaying Salsacookies, falls on one knee and breathes heavily, almost panting, as he regains his strength and his breath. The healing process is not total, but it does reduce his wounds. [Moderate Bleeding -> Light Bleeding] When this is accomplished, he stands back up and goes looking for a functional vehicle to utilize.
Hawk grabs the Katana off of Ukrainian Ranger as a memo to her, (+Katana) and heads out with Greatness to assist him in finding a ride.
(5+1) After stowing through rubbish and looking at the ruined husks of automobiles and determining them all to be useless, the two spot a buried bicycle. Pulling it out from some fallen concrete, it is damaged by it remains in usable condition. It's fit for only one person though.

Satisfied with his loot but not content, NAV continues to search the town for even more valuables. (Searching: 1+2) He searches the surrounding area and comes up with nothing useful, anything that appears to be of some use disintegrates or breaks as soon as he touches it.

"I'm not sure. You could ask one of the guys running around, maybe, though I'm not sure they'd appreciate it. By the way, are you from around here? We're in Wisconsin—pretty close to Denmark, I think." The bewildered man continues to be bewildered but comes to more understanding as Elephant speaks to him. Elephant then moves off, looking for someone to explain the story. He finds a woman with a bandage wrapped around her head, wounded enough to receive attention and stay sitting, but not hurt badly enough to be the focus of medical attention. He asks her about recent events, "We were just driving up to Green Bay when it happened. Gunshots out of nowhere, no one knew what was going on. The panic was more dangerous than the bullets, everyone crashing into each other, goddamn, we can't escape this mess..." She buries her head in her palms.

High tyrol, after refueling her plane, takes to the skies once again and heads back to Denmark. (2) High tyrol, focused on making a plan for combat, overestimates the amount of runway left and sends her vehicle sailing past the end of the road. (10) Meraciously, at the last second, Tyrol pulls the plane upwards and achieves flight with minimal damage to her vessel and none to herself. It ascends quickly, the ground and any hazards disappearing below her.
Once she reaches Denmark, the massive figure of Birdy's bomber comes into view. She flies towards it, spitting her machine guns into the larger plane. (8 vs. 1) One solid strafe tears right through the metal beast! Birdy is flying smoothly one second, and then suddenly explosions are going off inside of his bomber. He attempts to right the plane upwards but loses his ability to control it! It begins to take a sharp plunge towards the ground....

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: High tyrol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: birdy51 (click to show/hide)
I haven't lost interest in this game or anything, just a few busy days in the recent past.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 10:03:59 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 41 - Empire State of Mind
« Reply #853 on: March 20, 2016, 02:29:42 am »

"DO NOT FEAR, MY SUBJECTS, THE FORCES WE FACE SHALL NOT BE PREPARED FOR US, BUT ONE TRIBE DROVE BACK THE HORRID INVADERS, AND WITH THIS FORCE, WE SHALL CRUSH ANY WHO OPPOSE US!
NOW, FOOORTH!"

CHARGING BATTLECRY TIME! SHOCK AND AWE, BABY!
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 41 - Empire State of Mind
« Reply #854 on: March 20, 2016, 03:20:32 am »

Waitlist me, I guess. There is no character sheet except your articles, right?
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 97