Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 152273 times)

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 2 - Blood on the Sand
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2015, 05:07:38 pm »

Whyyyyyyyyy!?

Well that was short lived.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2015, 05:16:53 pm »

Lady luck doth giveth, and verily she doth taketh as well.

Good luck next time in the wars!~
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2015, 05:41:40 pm »

"You got some mad skills with that sword dawg. You got my back I got yours."
"I am not a dog. Watch your tongue lest I cut it out!"
"Yo chill bro its just an expression. We cool, aight?"

(Sorry Generally me but someone had to die first. GG.)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2015, 05:58:02 pm »

"Only a bit. The fire of battle should keep us warm, though!"
(Also, sorry about killing you Nunzillor.)

Nunzillor

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2015, 06:40:25 pm »

(No need to apologize for playing the game.)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 3 - Marksmen & Property Damage
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2015, 03:49:25 pm »

Round 3: Marksmen & Property Damage

NAV gets into the crumbling hotel structure in the background, flashing a gang sign over a hunk of wall, giving Immaterial some props before dipping down and crouch-walking to a new location. Taking cover behind a column, NAV takes a blunt out of his bag and lights it up. A few good hits of the kush and the special force operative is thoroughly blazed. Peeking from his cover, NAV spots a combatant seizing a rifle from another combatant, although his whole view is pretty blurry; maybe getting high while trying to take guys down isn't a good idea, but then again it might be all part of an elite military tactic. "Oh shit, that ain't good," NAV mutters to himself as he props the side of his rifle up against the column to stabilize it. (1+3-2 VS. 7) NAV sprays some bursts down towards the sand, but he's feeling light headed and his hands are pretty loose after getting a whiff of the good stuff. It might just be the drugs, but NAV swears that it looks like McDonald has noticed him and is turning around and pointing the M16 at him...(1 VS. 3) Turns out a sober untrained fighter isn't as good of a shot with a rifle as a blazed elite Belgian soldier. NAV ducks back behind his column, letting it absorb any stray bullets.

Hawk climbs into his plane with no resistance and gets the engine roaring and all the systems online. The takeoff is a bit difficult in the sand, but the jet manages to gain altitude and soars up into the sky. Hawk looks around at all the options available to him in the plane, and notices that it comes with 3 charges of napalm. Coming up with a literally sure-fire plan, Hawk turns the jet around and flies it over the battleground. Just as he's passing the starting point, Hawk pushes the trigger for a napalm bombardment. [4] Due to some strong winds, the bomb ends up falling on the roof of the Grand Hotel. The explosion causes a minor shockwave and sets the roof ablaze. It doesn't put anyone in danger, for the moment.

Birdy finds himself lying in the sand as McDonald takes his gun away. Before Mc can execute him on the ground like those son-of-a-bitch commies' used to do in the jungle, someone shoots at McDonald from the hotel. McDonald ducks and returns fire. During these moments, Birdy furiously searches his figure for a grenade, it has to be somewhere on his gear, all soldiers had to carry at least a couple spares right? But for some reason his uniform lacks any explosives, but it does have a similarly shaped canteen. Sure a canteen doesn't explode into fragments, but it's worth a shot. Birdy grips the canteen, heavy and sloshing with water, and chucks it at McDonald. (1 VS. 6) The canteen doesn't even hit McDonald and lands in the sand next to him, but it did get his attention. (8 VS. 6) McDonald spins around and sprays up Birdy. Most of the bullets don't land, since McDonald isn't the best shot in the world, but Birdy can't laugh when a round embeds itself through his right shoulder.

Tntey revs up the engine of the Thunder Machine. Guiding the wheel towards the center mass of the fighting, he grips the leather and puts his foot down on the pedal. Wheels tear through the sand as the war truck charges at the other combatants. Everyone runs or crawls and scampers away as fast as they can, although Immaterial's armor puts him in more danger than anyone else. [5+2 VS. 8] Immaterial barely action rolls out of the way of the Thunder Machine as its tires leave the slightest marks on its armor as it goes flying by. Tntey curses, an unsuccessful run.

McDonald holds the warm M16 up, looking through it's iron sights as the injured Birdy tries to back away. [2+2 VS. 1] McDonald slams his foot down on Birdy's torso, holding him in place as he aims the barrel for his head, Birdy desperately trying to bat McDonald off with no success. [3+1 VS. 6] Turns out that McDonald can't even shoot someone at point blank range while pinning them to the ground, though to be fair Birdy is doing a whole lotta' wiggling. [5 VS. 4] Birdy grabs McDonald's leg with his good arm and yanks it, sending McDonald off balance and giving him some time to scramble to his feet and create about a yard's worth of distance between them.

Nanobones peers at Immaterial preparing for another charging attack. Nanobones takes the initiative to run forward and counter-charge him! [7+2 VS. 2] At the last second, Nanobones pulls an NFL level juke move and gets right past Immaterial, causing him to miss, and tripping him in the same maneuver. Immaterial falls and drops his sword, getting a helmet full of sand. Nanobones briefly makes some taunting gestures before running past the side of the Grand Hotel and into the forest behind it, sprinting until he is far enough into the woods where he can no longer see the hotel.

Immaterial gets to his feet and removes his helmet, letting the sand pour out of it and rubbing the grainy material out from his eyes and mouth. He puts his helmet back on and grabs his sword off the ground, looking for the agile bandit, but he's already disappeared from sight.

Fr0stByt3 assumes the captain's position and takes his Civil War Gunship off from the shore and down to the bay, the wind running through his hair and letting him roleplay an 1850's Navy Officer. "Boys, ready the cannon!" Fr0stByt3 waits before remembering that he has no boys. With a sigh, he gets off of the wheel and down to the deck below where he personally has to man one of the cannons. [8] Aiming one of the guns towards the Grand Hotel, he loads cannonballs in and lets the gun rip. It's a rather slow process, since he's only one person, but he does manage to get a handful of shots in during this round, enough to start putting holes in the building.
NAV meanwhile, is still chilling in the hotel when he starts to smell smoke, and not the good kind of smoke either. Before he can question that, a cannonball comes by and obliterates one of the nearby ruined walls. "Oh shit." [5] NAV runs from his position, as the column bursts into pieces as another cannonball tears it to shreds. NAV is unharmed, but lacks good cover, and it's hard to find new cover when the surrounding environment is randomly getting hit with cannonballs.

Spoiler: tntey (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nanobones (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: birdy51 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: My Name is Immaterial (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: McDonald (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fr0stByt3 (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2015, 04:02:37 pm »

"Get out of that metal beast, and fight me like the man your mother is!"
Birdy or McDonald, whoever is more distracted, is getting stabbed. Unless tntey accepts my challenge.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2015, 04:06:06 pm »

Run over My name is Immaterial.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2015, 04:12:44 pm »

"Damn capitalists, stop moving!"
Imprison Fr0st. If Nunzillor's body is near me, grab his keys and get to his cab. Otherwise, hide as best as possible from Fr0st and shoot at NAV. Try to hit this time.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 05:03:46 pm by McDonald »
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2015, 04:25:44 pm »

"You got some mad skills with that sword dawg. You got my back I got yours."
"I am not a dog. Watch your tongue lest I cut it out!"
"Yo chill bro its just an expression. We cool, aight?"

(Sorry Generally me but someone had to die first. GG.)
Tis cool my good bro.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2015, 04:28:50 pm »

Realize that the prayer has been answered! Take the Bell Shaped Ruby thing and bash that Communist Bastard in the back of the head while he is distracted! Using the left hand of course.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2015, 04:58:30 pm »

"Yo armoured dude join me at my ship if you survive."
Start a fighting retreat to the USS Umpqua. Covering fire at McDonald as I retreat.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2015, 05:08:38 pm »

Why aren't you adding people in from the waitlist?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2015, 05:09:35 pm »

It's set up that way because if I kept sending in new people, the people who got in first would be at a disadvantage, since they would be more likely to be injured and/or under attack while new players would come in fresh.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2015, 05:11:15 pm »

Keep firing! If the police come for me, broadside them, too!

"Way, haul away! Haul away for Ro-osie! Way, haul away! We'll haul away for Rosie, oh!"
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 97