Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 150306 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 2 - Blood on the Sand
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2015, 05:14:30 pm »

It's set up that way because if I kept sending in new people, the people who got in first would be at a disadvantage, since they would be more likely to be injured and/or under attack while new players would come in fresh.

There seens to be some confusion among newer players about how the Waitlist works. What was the waitlist system(s) that y'all were used to?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 3 - Marksmen & Property Damage
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2015, 05:17:04 pm »

I guess when there's space for new players or a player needs to be replaced, the next person in waitlist comes in.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2015, 05:27:04 pm »

I assumed that since this is a PVP game, it was elimination, with the waitlist being for the next game.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2015, 05:50:04 pm »

I assumed that since this is a PVP game, it was elimination, with the waitlist being for the next game.
Same.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2015, 06:18:08 pm »

If there are some nicely grouped up players, drop some napalm on them. If not, just strafe someone.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nanobones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2015, 06:18:13 pm »

>Closely examine my WWII pistol and six-shooter to determine their capabilities, handling characteristics and caliber.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2015, 06:38:29 pm »

I think that having a steady stream of new players joining the game would be a good thing. It would help prevent stagnation and stalemates and empty arena and keep things interesting and varied. I don't think it would be unfair to older players like you said because they would likely have the advantage of extra kills and articles.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2015, 06:42:23 pm »

Have 1 or 2 players join the game every turn, a bit further away from the start area? Sounds good?
I'm with stupid |
                      v

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2015, 06:48:08 pm »

While that would add a new exciting dynamic to the game, what would be the incentive to compete and fight?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2015, 06:54:01 pm »

Our competitive nature.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2015, 07:16:09 pm »

I am against new players mid round, unless they are sent to kill the current players and thin the herd. That would be interesting. It's like the hunger games. If the audience gets bored, send in the hounds.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 4 - Emergence of Titans (Important Info!)
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2015, 02:20:42 am »

Round 4: 

Birdy searches his body for more things to hit or throw at McDonald. He lacks any bottles or cans, but he still has the ordinate and incredibly valuable Liberty Bell Ruby. The Ruby was stolen and never recovered by its original owners, and being worth millions of dollars, must be handled with the greatest care, which is why Birdy charges at McDonald trying to clobber him over the head with the gem. (5 VS. 2) Birdy swings and smacks McDonald right in the face with the ruby. McDonald's face whips to the side and he falls onto the sand dazed, sporting a new mark on his cheek.

Immaterial shouts as the Thunder Machine roars off into the distance, cursing Tntey and his "unmanly" fighting style of hiding inside a mechanical contraption. He turns his attention to the nearby brawl where Birdy has knocked McDonald to the ground with some sort of shiny blunt object. Immaterial creeps over as Birdy looks over McDonald like a leopard that has just immobilized a gazelle. As he raises the ruby once more, Immaterial charges him from the back. (10+3 VS. 2) Birdy's murder demolition spree is halted when he looks down at the several inches of Byzantine steel now protruding from his chest. He gives McDonald a look that just says 'Well, this happened', as the blade jerks upwards and comes through his torso and through his head. Birdy's cadaver falls in front of McDonald, vertically bisected from his skull down to his sternum.
Immaterial has separated Birdy!
+Article: Star Wars Galaxies: +Lightsaber, Abilities: Force Kinetics, Force Mind Control, Force Speed

McDonald, seeing his would-be murderer get killed off and replaced with a scarier medieval murderer with a big sword, gets to his feet and runs to Nunzillor's body, lying in the sand nearby. Digging through the pockets of Nun's suit jacket, Mc comes across a pair of keys for the  Ambassador Yellow Cab in the distance. (7) He breaks into a sprint hearing the ominous clanging of Immaterial's armor behind him, getting to the cab and swinging the door open, jamming the key into the ignition. (+Ambassador Yellow Cab) Sitting in the front seat, McDonald gets a notification from Croatian Intelligence that they've received his 'evidence' on the crimes of Fr0stByt3 and are on his tail...

The Grand Hotel shakes and rumbles under the bombardment of cannon fire. With the place threatening to fall apart around, NAV runs out of the ruined structure and makes a beeline for the Bay. Catching a glimpse of McDonald sitting in a taxi cab, NAV slows down a bit and pivots, firing into the vehicle, though moving fast and aiming don't go well together, although NAV is shooting more for suppression than trying to actually hit Mc. (10+3-3 VS. 3) NAV sprays into the car and the bullets fly everywhere, hitting the hood, the grill, the front window, even the passenger seat. McDonald remains unscathed, until a single random shot manages to hit him straight through the neck. McDonald jerks forward as the bullet rips through his throat and passes through his spinal column, killing him instantly. He slumps forward in his seat, his body pressing on the horn as it screams incessantly...
NAV reverse-drive-by'd McDonald!
+Article: Mohamed Mansour: +3 Business, +1 Politics

Nanobones treks into the forest and sits down on a stump, safe for the moment from the heat of battle. As he rests, he takes out both of his guns to give them a thorough investigation. The WWII pistol is a classic M1911 Pistol, widely considered to be among the greatest handguns of the modern era. Holds 7 shots, easy to handle, and .45 caliber bullets for stopping power; it's no wonder why they still use versions of this gun today. The Wild West Revolver is a Colt Single Action, with the normal 6 shots and also .45 ammunition, although it's more unwieldy and less accurate by far than the M1911; although the M1911 is obviously the superior gun, the Colt comes through as a backup.

Tntey zooms along in the Thunder Machine, going at high speed and making a sharp 180. When the engines still roaring, he races back towards Immaterial. (1 VS. 10) Pushing the Thunder Machine to its limits, Tntey ends up jamming steering wheel. He tires to realign it on track with his hands while panickedly stomping on the brake, which is ceasing to function. The runaway truck doesn't end up anywhere near Immaterial, as instead in plunges headfirst into the Grand Hotel. [4] Tntey bails from the war mount at the last second as it ends up going through several walls of the hotel. Tntey rolls across the sand, grimy but mostly unharmed. However, when he gets up he realizes that his right arm was broken from the impact of landing on the ground.

Hawk makes circles around the battlefield looking for a spot to do a good napalm bombing on, but everyone has dispersed and he can't get a reading on any groups. What he does see is that one of the combatants has docked their boat and is now firing cannons, and a whole boat makes an easier target than a tiny little person on the ground. (8 VS. 3) Civil War Gunships were built for dealing with all sorts of combat situations, but definitely not for aerial raids. Hawk passes over the ship and tears through it with sustained minigun fire, putting tons of holes in it.

Fr0stByt3 cheerily loads another cannonball when he hears the roar of a jet come across the sky, accompanied with the sound of dozens of bullets going through his ship. Fr0stByt3 instantly feels his ship sinking and capsizing, and his cannon begins sliding away to the side. He looks out over the side of the ship ready to bail, when he sees a cop car sitting on the beach. Over an amplified speaker, the police announce, "THIS IS THE KUPARI POLICE DEPARTMENT! WE HAVE A WARRANT FOR FR0STBYT3! SURRENDER NOW!"

Spoiler: tntey (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nanobones (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: My Name is Immaterial (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fr0stByt3 (click to show/hide)

Hello once again! Sorry for the wait for this turn; it appears that the RNG God favored some players this time around, but don't get comfortable, she's an arbitrary and fickle Goddess.

If it's any compensation for waiting, recently I've been reflecting on player input especially regarding the waitlist and how to make the game more fun for all parties. After some experimenting, I've been thinking of making some majors changes to the game, several inspired by the Perplexicon Game style.
In this new style, the game would start with 10 players as usual, and whenever players would die, an equal number of players would be put into the game from the waitlist, so there would always be 10 players at the start of every turn. Players would continue fighting until one player managed to get a total of 10 kills. At this point, the game moves into its second phase. The player with 10 kills becomes the 'Boss', where based on their articles, they gain some abilities and resources to make them much stronger than they even are already, something like a superpower(s) or a Mecha to control. Other players make up the 'Heroes', and some players will be let in from the waitlist to make things more fair so that the Hero team will have enough players; depending on how things go the Heroes might have 10 players, 12, 15, etc. The goal of the Boss is to eliminate all Heroes, while the Heroes must work together to eliminate the Boss. Whichever side completes their objective wins the game!

If this sounds interesting to enough people, I will start a poll to see if a majority want the game to switch to this style. I won't change the game for this Round, but if the vote is successful the next game will have the new style.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 11:21:20 am by TCM »

Nunzillor

« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2015, 02:23:50 am »

Sounds good to me.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2015, 05:03:56 am »

Sure
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2015, 09:39:07 am »

I like that plan.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 97