Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 151467 times)

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 6 - Rendezvous at the Bay
« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2015, 12:49:15 pm »

Drop my guitar on someone
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Nanobones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 6 - Rendezvous at the Bay
« Reply #106 on: October 09, 2015, 02:43:45 pm »

>Attempt to find a sports store. Demonstrating my masterful baseball business acumen, petition the management for a temporary position among their ranks.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 4 - Emergence of Titans (Important Info!)
« Reply #107 on: October 09, 2015, 05:15:19 pm »

TCM, I think you didn't notice this.
Let's go shoot down Tntey's balloon.

Tntey's tranquil guitar solo is interrupted by Hawk's Silver Sword opening fire on the Hot Air Balloon. (5 vs. 7) Hawk spins up the miniguns and fires from a distance, but the spray fails to hit the distant balloon, and he ends up harmlessly passing it by.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 7 - Bloons'
« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2015, 12:49:31 am »

Round 7: Bloons'

NAV raises his rifle instinctively when he hears someone call him about behind him, but drops it when he sees Immaerial; he wouldn't fight him now, not with his rad ability to chop dudes right in half. Instead of engage combat, he gives Immaterial a fist tbump and allows him to join him on the mighty USS Umpqua. NAV, begins loading up the cannons, and being a military tactical genius, adds some marijuana to the shot just to gave it that extra hella dankness. He cycles through his targets; the fighter jet is going too fast and too high to hit with a cannonball, and the balloon would be a tough target as well. Instead, he turns the cannons towards the water where Fr0stByt3 is frantically swimming for safety. (6 vs. 1) Lighting up up the cannons, the explosions of grapeshot tear through the waters where Fr0stByt3 swims. Fr0stByt3 screams as one of the shots manages to rake his back and his shoulders. It hurts like hell, but if he stops swimming now he's dead.

Hawk turns his Silver Sword around again, barrel rolling through the skies. Surely a slow-moving and vulnerable Hot Air Balloon should be destroyed by a fighter jet within seconds. (3 vs. 2) The twin miniguns fire off again from a distance, and they fail to do much more than skimming the side of the basket and destroying a good five-cents worth of basket weave.

Fr0stByt3, wounded by cannon fire, continues swimming for the safety of a ship, leaving a cloud of red in the water behind him. (1-2) Fr0st swims as hard as he can, but the harder he swims, the faster he loses blood. He reaches the side of the SS Henry Chisholm, grabbing onto a ladder from the side and beginning to climb. He gets up a few rungs before he suddenly loses consciousness as a result of bleeding and falls back into the water, sinking into the depths below.
NAV put holes in Fr0stByt3 and sunk him!
+ Article: Sunrunner: Become Sunrunner, Abilities: Captured Gaze, Call Fire, Call Air

After NAV lets him on board, My Name is Immaterial mans the other set of cannons on the USS Umpqua, and aims them up towards Tntey's balloon. Sure the balloon was far away and the cannon's were not meant for shooting down aerial targets, but it's worth a shot. (10-2 vs. 8) Each of the cannonballs miss, though it is stressful for Tntey to watch a bunch of cannonballs zoom past him. One of them gets within a foot of his head as it goes sailing off into the distance.

Nanobones looks around for a sporting good store, but it looks like Dick's has not expanded in Croatia yet. The closest are some souvenir shops that sell football supplies and trinkets, but nothing about baseball. Nanobones talks to one of these shopkeepers, trying to impress him with his resume of success in the baseball business. (10) The shopkeeper doesn't care or know much about baseball at all, but Nanobones is able to sway him on the grounds of being a damn fine businessman. He is so successful that the shopkeeper actually offers to give him the store, provided that he still get a majority of the profits.

The wildfire grows rapidly, consuming more of the forest. Tntey, hovering directly above the fire, now not only has to worry about jet fighters and cannonballs, there's also a ton of smoke coming up from directly below him. The smoke clouds his vision, fills up his lungs and makes him cough. The only upside is the thick smoke makes him and his balloon harder targets, but that won't matter if he suffocates.

Spoiler: tntey (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nanobones (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: My Name is Immaterial (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)

For the sake of fun and roleplaying, I'm going to do some ret'conning and declare that a microchip has been planted in the brain of all Contestants that allows them to universally communicate in any language. This will be true for all following games as well.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 12, 2015, 01:30:23 am »

"Our foes are now airborne! Come, my vessel is likely better equipped to bring them down!"
Switch to my ship, and open fire on the flying combatants.
Permanent Conditional Action: If I am attacked with a ballistic weapon, active Force Kinetics and use it to deflect the projectile.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 05:04:39 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 12, 2015, 01:45:36 am »

Welp, I'd like back on the wait list, if you don't mind.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2015, 02:02:30 am »

"Yes! Let's pop some caps in those airborn amatures."
Join Immaterial in switching to the USS Gull. Man one of the autocannons and dakkadakkadakka the flyers.

Use my new Capture Gaze ability on Hawk to ensure an easier kill if I can target him and if I can do that before/while shooting.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 07:27:00 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Nanobones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 12, 2015, 11:09:15 am »

>Order a double-triple deluxe express shipment of the finest Louisvilla Sluggers and mixed baseball supplies. Then make a little money playing shopkeep.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 12, 2015, 11:36:10 am »

get low in the ballon. Try to ballon out of there
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 12, 2015, 03:51:18 pm »

Drop napalm on the USS Gull. If it looks like it won't burn well - strafe it instead, while aiming to disable the AA guns (and the people manning them).
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 14, 2015, 01:16:09 am »

Internet connection compromised. Will return with new turn asap.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 7 - Baseball Jesus
« Reply #116 on: October 14, 2015, 11:02:40 pm »

Round 8: Baseball Jesus

Hawk moves away from the vicinity of Tntey's Air Balloon; it's too much a of a hassle to shoot down, and the smoke should take care of the job anyways. He swings around the bay, flying around in loops and looking at his radar to see what's going on here. He briefly spots a heat source shaped like a person moving around in the water, but it then it stops moving and starts to become dark. He can also spot two other similarly shaped and colored figures moving around. These two latter figures begin moving towards another ship, a ship that looks much bigger and modern compared to the one that they're on. Knowing that this new ship is likely to contain anti-aircraft weapons, Hawk swoops down to stop the ship crew before they can make the transfer. (3 vs. 10) The twin miniguns unload, striking the side of the ship and the water, but not the two competitors who run away from the machine gun fire like they're in a Hollywood production.

Tntey wraps his mouth and nose in the inside of his elbow, trying to breathe as he attempts to see anything through the thick smokescreen. He grabs the propulsion device and begins gradually lowering the balloon, attempting to reach a lower and safer place away from the fire. (5) Tntey is forced to hazard a guess to where it would be safer, so he arbitrarily chooses to move towards the north. The smoke is a little less thick here, but still an issue, and the fire is to close to be able to safely land.

NAV and Immaterial fan out across the deck of the USS Gull as Hawk passes them in his jet, flying away as fast as possible to avoid getting hit by the guns of the ship. Grabbing ahold of one of the ship's 20mm cannon's, NAV looks towards the fleeing aircraft and uses one of his newly acquired Sunrunner powers on Hawk, Captured Gaze. (3) NAV directs his magical focus at the ship, but it is moving to fast and too far away for him to get a lock on Hawk, who briefly feels a twinge of fear and anxiety in the pit of his stomach, but it went away quickly. NAV moves onto the much more conventional means of combat by trying to shoot Hawk down with an anti-air gun. (4 vs. 1) Hawk spins his vehicle to avoid damage and for the most part gets out unscathed, except for a hit to his engine, although it's just a glancing hit and he isn't on fire or anything. The damage shouldn't be a major problem unless something else complicates it.

Immaterial runs up to the front of his ship and gets onto the 3"/50 Gun Mount, the massive anti-air machine gun that dwarfs the two 20mm's. Lining it up with Hawk's jet, which is already sustaining fire from NAV, Immaterial aims to tear it apart. (5 vs. 7) The jet is much too far away at this point, and unlike NAV, Immaterial doesn't land a single shot. He bangs his fist against the gun as he watches Hawk make his escape.

Nanobones is involved in a far less dangerous situation than any of the other contestants as he calls for a large order of Louisville Sluggers and all sorts of additional baseball paraphernalia. He would be the prophet that would bring the True Religion to the Croatians, the Holy Order of Baseball, where he will guide his flock to the Field in the Sky where they will hit Home Runs and Glam Slams for all eternity, under the love and protection of the Almighty Babe Ruth. While waiting for the shipment, Nanobones runs the shop trying to sell what it already has. (7) Nanobones gets the hang of convincing people to buy junk that they don't need, even when he doesn't understand what he is even selling. A picture of a building? A small statuette of some guy? Whatever, he'll tell them it's some important historical memorial as long as it gets him dough. (+$60)

Spoiler: tntey (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nanobones (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: My Name is Immaterial (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)

Hopefully my Internet connection will not falter any longer. In the meantime, Immaterial posed a question about Secret PM'd actions. While they aren't in the game at the moment, they are something that could be implemented. What do y'all think? If it seems like an interesting idea to enough people we could discuss working secret actions into the next game.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 8 - Baseball Jesus
« Reply #117 on: October 14, 2015, 11:19:24 pm »

"CURSED METAL WHALE!"
FIRE AGAIN

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 15, 2015, 09:49:55 am »

I'm against secret PM actions.

Keep shooting!
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Nanobones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 15, 2015, 01:35:38 pm »

>This baseball game is no decadent pastime - it is a sacrament given in Cracker Jack, rubbery hotdogs and red dirt. Await my baseball vestments and my baseball tools, while continuing to do good business.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 97