Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 151464 times)

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 8 - Baseball Jesus
« Reply #120 on: October 15, 2015, 02:53:57 pm »

Lay at the bottom of the balloon while trying to move it farther north.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 15, 2015, 03:04:32 pm »

Another strafing run on the ship!
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 15, 2015, 03:31:40 pm »

Sign me up!

PM me if I get in.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 9 - Fancy Flyin'
« Reply #123 on: October 16, 2015, 09:21:06 pm »

Round 9: Fancy Flyin'

Nanobones continues his business practices while awaiting for his shipment of baseball goods. (9) Business is going exceptionally well at this point, with a constant stream of customers coming to browse the shelves of random crap that Nanobones can mask under the pretense of historical value. Figurines and magazines are filtered through the hands of Western European tourists who have more money to spend than they know what to do with. ($100)

Hawk has two options, either flee far from the Bay or come back and engage the ship. While the first option would be safer, Hawk would personally flee better if those anti-aircraft guns, by far the biggest threat to him, were put out of commission, and a couple kills on top of that would be the icing on the cake. Turning his jet around, he flees back and engages the USS Gull with another volley of minigun fire. (8 vs. 3) This time the stream of shots cuts through one of the smaller guns on the ship, and most likely the person manning it.

Tntey lays down at the bottom of the basket and puts his shirt over his mouth to prevent more smoke inhalation, all while yanking the rope cable above him down, steering the balloon further to the North. (5) He continues moving but the smoke remains thick and the fire remains to hot and nearby to land, and he has no means of telling what direction he's moving in. He coughs under despite his best efforts to not inhale anymore; the only way to not inhale smoke would be not to breathe.

NAV is preparing his machine gun for another attack when Hawk returns much faster than he anticipated. As he lines up a shot, the plane comes down and tears through his gun and the surrounding area in seconds. The machine gun explodes and knocks NAV out of his seat, sending him rolling across the surface of the boat. When he regains consciousness, the first thing he sees is the smoking ruins of his gun, just a hunk of metal now. He tries to prop himself up but feels a shooting pain in his hands. Looking at his arms, he finds sharp shards that had come off of the gun embedded in him. This also appears to be the case in his torso. If he wasn't wearing his armor, he would have died immediately, now he is merely in pain and bleeding everywhere.

Immaterial sees Hawk make his return and before he can mount a counterattack, Hawk bears down and open fires on NAV, destroying his gun. "No!" But it is too late, NAV's gun is destroyed and he himself is flung across the deck. Immaterial fixes his autocannon on Hawk and fires. (2 vs. 10) Hawk spins out of the danger zone and comes at Immaterial with a turn sharp enough that he can briefly return fire. Immaterial sees this coming and sets up his Force Kinetic powers just before Hawk's bullets begin to rain down upon him. (7) The psychokinetic field holds up long enough for Hawk to pass without doing damage.

Spoiler: tntey (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nanobones (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: My Name is Immaterial (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 16, 2015, 09:39:16 pm »

Drag NAV under the deck, out of the line of fire.
"You'll die to no other hand but mine, today!"

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 16, 2015, 10:52:39 pm »

"I ain't dyin' by any hands today. Thanks though."

Stop the bleeding and get my hands working. It's a good thing I'm a doctor!
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Nanobones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 17, 2015, 12:06:57 am »

>Peddle vigorously! There is nothing else in life for a Home Run Huckster of my stature.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 17, 2015, 05:18:39 am »

Strafe NAV and Immaterial again!

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 17, 2015, 07:10:39 am »

Is there fire below me?
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 17, 2015, 03:13:11 pm »

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 17, 2015, 03:49:49 pm »

Make the balloon rise above the smoke.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 10 - Relative Stagnation
« Reply #131 on: October 18, 2015, 03:14:01 am »

Round 10: Relative Stagnation

NAV puts his medical knowledge to the test, starting off by looking down and analyzing his wounds. Based on years of medical learning and practice, he concludes that it would be the best course of action if he could prevent himself from bleeding out and dying, and also to remove the shards of metal embedded deep in his hands. (9+2) NAV starts off by ingesting a small quantity of marijuana, just the right amount to dull the pain while not being enough to make him lose focus. He starts off by precisely pulling the metal out of his hands, and some of the more superficial shrapnel in his suit. He has regained control of his hands, although a couple pieces of metal are stuck deep in his chest, and removing them would cause more damage, and there's only so much he can do without any medical supplies. That's when an idea strikes him, on a naval vessel, they have to carry medical supplies...

Since getting low isn't helping, Tntey changes the projection of the Hot Air Balloon's movement and begins pushing it upwards trying to escape to a position high enough where the smoke will not reach him. (3) The higher Tntey rises, the thicker the smoke gets. Tntey falls to his hands and knees wheezing, the inhalation risk only getting worse. His eyes water, his nostrils and throat burn, and his head aches, the faintest clutches of unconsciousness begin to seize him.

Hawk bears down once again on the USS Gull to finish what he has started. (2 vs. 9) He swoops down to attack, but this time accelerates too fast and nearly crashes into the command center structure. Hawk evades out of the way, his wing barely clipping the ship.

Immaterial jumps out of his autocannon seat and rushes down to the deck, assured that he would be damned if NAV and himself were not the the last two combatants standing. "You're coming with me!" Immaterial tells him as he hoists the soldier across his shoulder in a fireman's carry. (3) Immaterial takes a few steps before his knees give out and he collapses. "Actually...if we both could walk there....that would...work too.." He says between heavy panting.

Nanobones sells shit like a fertilizer merchant when his new arrival of baseball goods comes in. (4) This time, even with his best encouragement and salsemenship, customers have little to no interest in baseball. "Come on, these are relics of a past time! Buy them!" But it means nothing to them, they prefer the postcards and snowglobes over any bobbleheads or giant inflatable fingers. Only a handful of baseball purchases are made, and those are just as trinkets fit for a brief viewing and nothing more. (+$6)

Spoiler: tntey (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nanobones (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: My Name is Immaterial (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 18, 2015, 06:55:36 am »

Yet another strafe! If I can't hit NAV and Immaterial directly, then just focus on sinking the ship.

Nanobones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 18, 2015, 10:22:18 am »

>Hand over the store to a trusted underling for now. Take a Slugger and venture slowly toward the bay.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 18, 2015, 02:20:29 pm »

Get back in the autocannon, and shoot the plane down!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 97