Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 150268 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 10 - Relative Stagnation
« Reply #135 on: October 18, 2015, 03:49:51 pm »

Get in an AA gun! Shoot down the Silver Sword!
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 10 - Relative Stagnation
« Reply #136 on: October 18, 2015, 04:05:00 pm »

Keep rising! F*** The smoke!
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 11 - Showdown at the Bay
« Reply #137 on: October 18, 2015, 11:09:21 pm »

Round 11: Showdown at the Bay

Hawk performs his usual routine attack on the USS Gull, as Immaterial and NAV get out of their man-pile and run towards the anti-air guns. (10 vs. 1) Hawk sets his targeting system directly onto the position of both heat signatures below him. The Belgian Special Forces makes body armor that can withstand vicious blades or small arms fire from crime organizations or terrorists. Byzantine Plate Armor was invulnerable to the most well-made attack of sword or arrow from Western Europe. Neither set of excellent armor was made to withstand a direct volley of from a fighter jet. Case in point: the pile of body parts, fluids, and armor that faintly resembles the two combatants that were just here standing there a moment ago. Hawk flies away, leaving the ship in peace.
Hawk Crop-Dusted NAV & Immaterial!
+ Article: Charles Powlett, 3rd Duke of Bolton: Become English Duke, +Hunting Musket, +3 Hunting Dogs
+ Article Peter Bisaillon: +2 Trade, +2 Exploration

Tntey continues to try and escape the deathly smoke. (3-1) Tntey tugs on the rope, but finds that his arm is too weak to make a yanking motion and slips right off. He weakly searches for the rope again but he can't even see it, nor anything else. He collapses to the floor the basket, wheezing and convulsing. His last waking moments are spent resisting the urge to breathe, but eventually his endurance is compromised. With no pilot, the balloon gradually descends into the forest and the fire engulfing it.
Nanobones indirectly smoked out Tntey!
+ Article: Opel Rekord Series E: + Opel Rekord Series E Sedan

Nanobones's intuition tells him to leave his kiosk and venture off for now. He must leave the store in the hands of someone loyal, trustworthy, someone who will carry on his tradition of capitalism and consumerism and improve it to levels never seen before. "Hey you," Nanobones says to a random teenage kid standing on the corner. "Watch my store for a little bit. I'll pay you later." Nanobones grabs a trusty wooden Lousville Slugger, the emblem of an era of not only baseball but American culture, and carries it with him towards the Bay. His boots sink into the soft sand; a jet fighter spits rounds onto a ship and flies away. It's just him and that ship left. His grip hardens around his bat, he's ready.

Croatian National Fire Services begin to respond to the large spontaneous forest fire on the Southern edge of the country.

Spoiler: Nanobones (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 18, 2015, 11:24:33 pm »

((Well good game Hawk. Good game Immaterial.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 19, 2015, 12:04:33 am »

((Agreed. My only regret is that I couldn't kill you. :P))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 19, 2015, 12:31:27 am »

((I'm surprised I made it this far. I usually die in the first few rounds in these. Now I just need to avoid crashing... I think I might've jinxed myself just now.))

Let Nanobones feel how napalm burns.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nanobones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 19, 2015, 11:37:50 am »

Does my baseball bat not fall under Assets, since those are Wikipedia-derived?

>Majestically, athletically zigzag away from this burning napalm, cry Vengeance against Hawk in the name of NAV, Immaterial and others, and dump my M1911 at the plane.
What an authentic final showdown!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 11:42:34 am by Nanobones »

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 19, 2015, 12:58:43 pm »

((Gg guys.))
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 19, 2015, 01:34:29 pm »

Does my baseball bat not fall under Assets, since those are Wikipedia-derived?

>Majestically, athletically zigzag away from this burning napalm, cry Vengeance against Hawk in the name of NAV, Immaterial and others, and dump my M1911 at the plane.
What an authentic final showdown!

I forgot about the bat, assets include any acquisitions you make during the game.
Also, I know I can't give advice to players that would give them an advantage, so I casually suggest you review your options. Unless you just want to be the bad ass motherfucker trying to shoot down a military grade armored vehicle with a pistol like you were Tom Hanks in Saving Private Ryan, go ahead.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Nanobones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 19, 2015, 01:46:18 pm »

>Cry Vengeance against Hawk, and attempt to evade the napalm by making straight for the water, toward the ship! If I am bombed at sea, dive beneath the surface until I can make it away from the burning slick.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 12: The Final Duel
« Reply #145 on: October 19, 2015, 06:31:09 pm »

Round 12: The Final Duel

Nanobones looks peers at the Silver Sword twisting and turning through the Croatian skies. The renegade closes one of his eyes and extends a pointer finger at the plane, his opened eye briefly glowing red. "Gotcha'." Nanobones plans to extract Vengeance on Hawk for all the lives he's destroyed, all...two, of them. Horrible. Hawk is literally Kim Jong Stalin. The next part of Nanobones plans involves jumping into the water and swimming for his life towards the USS Gull, his only hope in defeating the lightning fast Sword. (1) As the plane circles overhead, Nanobones dives under the water to conceal his movement from the plane. He begins fantasizing about his revenge, roaring like a beast as the Gull's tear through the Silver Sword, causing Hawk to crash land on the bay. Injured and stuck under the wreckage of his plane, Hawk would be helpless as Nano would slowly walk up to him and place the barrel of his revolver against his skull...

Hawk circles around the Bay, waiting for any signs of his opponent, his finger anxiously hovering over the mechanism to drop another load of napalm. Several minutes pass and there's no sign of Nanobones...where did he go? Did he escape under the cover of night? Is he hiding in the ship? Did he somehow get the ability to become invisible? What if he can do all sorts of crazy magic? That wouldn't be good. In his crisis of losing a target, Hawk watches his radar flicker. It shifts from its normal mode to display, in pixelated letters, 'YOU WIN!' Hawk reclines in his cockpit. "...Okay."
Nanobones got so excited over being a bad ass that he dove way too deep.
Hawk132 wins Game 1!!!

Surely that was the satisfying finale that everyone was waiting for. This marks the first game of Wikipedia Warfare to be completed, but stay tuned, because Game 2 will be up shortly featuring a totally revamped system.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 06:39:11 pm by TCM »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 12 - The Final Duel
« Reply #146 on: October 19, 2015, 06:35:09 pm »

*Polite applause*

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 19, 2015, 06:39:03 pm »

Congrats Hawk. What a win!

Quick question, are the 3 hunting dogs in the fighter jet's cockpit? Because that would be adorable and amazing.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 19, 2015, 06:39:50 pm »

Congrats Hawk. What a win!

Quick question, are the 3 hunting dogs in the fighter jet's cockpit? Because that would be adorable and amazing.

No, they were waiting for Hawk on the ground, never picked up by him. So you have to ask yourself, did he really win after all?

Nanobones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 19, 2015, 06:45:04 pm »

What a ride!

Can you put me on the waiting list?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 97