Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 154722 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 7 - WWI Flashbacks Pt. 2
« Reply #270 on: October 26, 2015, 03:09:04 am »

[snip]
Stack

The problem with just stacking is what are we going to when people start getting +6 and +8 to combat rolls?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 26, 2015, 03:10:58 am »

[snip]
Stack

The problem with just stacking is what are we going to when people start getting +6 and +8 to combat rolls?

At some point, that should signify they've become the boss.

Edit: You could always forbid repeat combat stacks/ reinterpret an article in a non combat way.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 03:13:14 am by GameBoyBlue »

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 26, 2015, 03:17:49 am »

Stacking is fine, but maybe up to a limit? I mean once you're at +5 in a skill you're all but guaranteed success, in normal conditions. That wouldn't be the limit I choose, but just throwing that out there. I mean you're probably going to roll a lot of politicians and footballers, so as long as people don't run around with +10 to common actions from a single stat (combining other modifiers is fine of course, as long as it makes sense).

Edit: Plus, something like +10 to fighting doesn't do you much if you're facing the wrong end of a cruise missile, or a gatling gun, or poison gas, and so on. At some point, you're not allowed to roll a die if you're doing something silly enough, like trying shoot an AC-130 down with a pistol, so your modifiers are worth squat. Everything has a counter measure, though obviously some counters are rarer than others.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 03:21:47 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 26, 2015, 04:24:41 am »

((Does opening a painting need a roll or is it a free action?))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 26, 2015, 05:50:37 am »

"Jaffa! Carry the unconscious man! We're going to get out of here!"
With the Jaffa carrying the unconscious guy, take the first side road I can find out.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 26, 2015, 10:31:35 am »

((Does opening a painting need a roll or is it a free action?))

It doesn't require a roll, but it takes up a turn.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 6 - WWI Flashbacks
« Reply #276 on: October 26, 2015, 12:37:47 pm »

"Very well."
The Great Execute/Dumbo.exe nods to Yuri, motioning for him to go watch the doorway.
"Interesting proposition, I accept, this shall only be temporary, however, though I assume you already know that much."
He starts stroking his chin thoughtfully, looking at the remaining paintings in the hall.
"Do you know the appearance of any other participants in this game?"

*Overhears Yuri warning about the gas*

Let's talk a little bit more about your gift. Tell me about your past experiences, how it started, everything. Apply Investigating and Evidence Analysis to learn any rules about the talent and how to get the most benefit safely. (If possible PM this info to me privately.)

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 26, 2015, 02:43:30 pm »

Continue toward the forest by taking the route full of cars and debris.  If the mustard gas gets close to me, get inside one of the cars (one which has intact windows, windshield, and is mostly air tight), cover or close any vents in the vehicle, and wait for the gas to pass.

If instead I manage to make it to the woods, then use my matches to start a forest fire.  Afterward, leave the wooded area, return to town, and look for a vehicle to steal.  If I encounter another combatant at any point, throw my molotov at them and run away into traffic (if there is any) to escape them. 
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 26, 2015, 03:08:49 pm »

Make my way into the garage for now, and see if I can find any way to repair my car's window, as well as armor it somewhat.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

pikorge

• Bay Watcher
  • bird on the dancefloor
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 26, 2015, 03:52:31 pm »

Ride backwards to ram my target as hard as possible. Don't look behind but keep my head low and hope for the best.
For my second turn, drive forward again... Straight through the oncoming gas as fast as possible!
Re: You are the evo ape.

Nanobones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 26, 2015, 04:25:12 pm »

>Reload my rifle and skulk through the streets, on the hunt for the blood of other contestants. Move from building to building like an authentic partisan warrior.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 6 - WWI Flashbacks
« Reply #281 on: October 26, 2015, 11:45:23 pm »

"Very well."
The Great Execute/Dumbo.exe nods to Yuri, motioning for him to go watch the doorway.
"Interesting proposition, I accept, this shall only be temporary, however, though I assume you already know that much."
He starts stroking his chin thoughtfully, looking at the remaining paintings in the hall.
"Do you know the appearance of any other participants in this game?"

*Overhears Yuri warning about the gas*

Let's talk a little bit more about your gift. Tell me about your past experiences, how it started, everything. Apply Investigating and Evidence Analysis to learn any rules about the talent and how to get the most benefit safely. (If possible PM this info to me privately.)
"Hmmm? Oh, there isn't much to say, I was just born with the ability, took some training to learn to use it properly, to this day I still haven't learned if I created matter or just made a portal to a place already existing.
Oh, here we go, this would be a good place to hole up."
Open a portal through a painting that has a house, preferably a nice, large one, but any place that seems like it would be a good place to retreat to will do.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 27, 2015, 05:39:01 am »

*continue to probe, asking details Dumbo wouldn't think were important, but an analytical investigative mind wouldn't overlook*
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 02:01:13 pm by GameBoyBlue »

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 28, 2015, 05:40:17 pm »

bump
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 09:18:10 pm by GameBoyBlue »

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 28, 2015, 06:42:37 pm »

Continue to rally the people! Lead them forth!
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 97