Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 150294 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 12 - And We're Back
« Reply #405 on: January 18, 2016, 09:56:36 pm »

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 13 - We Have a Nazi
« Reply #406 on: January 19, 2016, 05:57:47 pm »

Round 13: We Have a Nazi

Execute explores the air room of this grand mansion, obviously located somewhere in a different time and place. The marble sculptures are grand and elegant, but Execute's powers do not work on them, and even if they did, he questions whether or not it would be a good idea to perform a dimensional leap inside a marble bust of August Caesar, what sort of horrid visions and untouched depths of a dark soul he would find...
Instead he looks towards the paintings displaying epic portrayals of military scenarios. The first one is a grand melee between two groups of horsemen in a time period he could estimate to be somewhere in the 14th or 15th centuries. One side is wearing conventional European armor, while their opposition wear distinctly Islamic clothing. The next painting illustrates another battle even larger in scale with the same European horsemen, now armed with guns and artillery, fighting off a horde of charging Native Americans. The final shows two early 20th century gun-boats exchanging cannon-fire in a tropical landscape.

Immaterial sics his loyal followers onto Nanobones, "You're going to let a thief like that steal from your own bank accounts? After him!" (8 vs. 1) The gang of activists surround Nanobones as he tries preparing his rifle. Before he can aim, one of the activists grab the rifle and thrusts the butt of it back into the Nano's stomach. He loses control of the rifle to his attacker as he is kicked in the face and then further pummeled by flurry of kicks and stomps on the ground. After a few minutes of combined assault, the activists leave him bloody and half-conscious on the ground, looking at Immaterial for further instructions.

NAV brushes the dirt off his shoulders and moves away from the burning bus, seeking out more honorably battles to be fought in the name of the Kaurava people. Deeper into the center of town, NAV ducks behind a half-destroyed SUV to spy on some commotion down the street. A group of men are beating up someone up as some sort of businessman or politician-looking dude watches expectantly.

Person gets back up, his right shoulder still sizzling with laser heat; Person knows it would be hard to shoot a sub-machine gun with only one good arm, so he slings it around his back and swaps it out for his Smith & Wesson handgun. (4 vs. 6) It turns out, even shooting a pistol with one arm is hard as his few crackshots only harm the ground around his targets. (2 vs. 4) Person ducks beneath his car as another laser blast scraps its hood.

A man on the edge of town, dressed in a very fine silk suit, was pushing a 17th-century era cannon down the road into town. He stops for a moment to look into the blue sky, extending his rigid arm towards the heavens at a slight angle. "Mein furher...I will win this game for you and rid the world of the inferiors. I will avenge you and fulfill the Aryan prophecy!"
Twinwolf has appeared!

Spoiler: Powder Miner (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fr0stByt3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nanobones (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MyNameIsImmaterial (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)

Since a grand total of four (now five) current players and about half the waitlist responded to my message, I will resend one more message. If I don't get a response by the next turn, I will have to remove them.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 09:09:48 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 19, 2016, 06:00:05 pm »

((Huh.))
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 06:07:04 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 19, 2016, 06:00:31 pm »

((...It's somewhat ironic that my character is a Nazi when I'm the kind of person they would have killed.  :P))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 19, 2016, 06:08:08 pm »

((TCM:Yugoslav Communism != Nazis.  Fix please.))

I re-read Dmtrije's page, and from what I understand, he was a member of the Yugoslavian Fascist Party, collaborated with Hitler and Nazi Germany, and waged battle against the Communists. Am I missing something, or are you thinking of another Dmtrije?

((...It's somewhat ironic that my character is a Nazi when I'm the kind of person they would have killed.  :P))

That's a good thing. But you're not playing as any regular Nazi either, you're playing as a fire-breathing Nazi with a cannon.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 19, 2016, 06:09:40 pm »

((To the Out of Context quotes thread with that. And possibly a sigtext.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 19, 2016, 06:10:30 pm »

((TCM:Yugoslav Communism != Nazis.  Fix please.))

I re-read Dmtrije's page, and from what I understand, he was a member of the Yugoslavian Fascist Party, collaborated with Hitler and Nazi Germany, and waged battle against the Communists. Am I missing something, or are you thinking of another Dmtrije?

That's a good thing. But you're not playing as any regular Nazi either, you're playing as a fire-breathing Nazi with a cannon.
((The worst kind of Nazi.))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 19, 2016, 06:10:57 pm »

((Nope, I just read the infobox instead of actually the article.  Bleh.  Teach me not to do the research.))
Sigtext

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 19, 2016, 06:23:29 pm »

(( Um, hi. I didn't actually receive a message yet, so if you could say when you're sending those out? Thanks, dude. ))
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 19, 2016, 06:23:53 pm »

Walk around, I guess. Not sure what else to do.
Sigtext!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 19, 2016, 06:25:50 pm »

((I'm still intrested as i always will be))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 19, 2016, 06:27:04 pm »

(( Um, hi. I didn't actually receive a message yet, so if you could say when you're sending those out? Thanks, dude. ))

I only sent it out to people who didn't respond since the game restarted. Since you were active, I inferred that I wouldn't have to send you a message.
In the OP, I put a (+) next to everyone's name I knew was still interested.

((I'm still intrested as i always will be))

I listed you as interested with a (+) in the OP beforehand, I knew you'd still want to play. :P

Walk around, I guess. Not sure what else to do.

Popular standby actions include:
*Explore/go to a certain area.
*Loot some stores.
*Find another combatant to fight.
*Build/craft something.
*Go talk to the refugees.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 19, 2016, 06:28:22 pm »

(( Oh, well in that case you don't need to send a message to me. I'm totally still interested. Thanks, TCM. ))
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 06:32:23 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 19, 2016, 06:41:14 pm »

Open up the second one, find any killed soldiers from the european side, and take their weapons and armor, hopefully, they won't notice me, then get out and close the portal.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 19, 2016, 06:47:14 pm »

Oh, then go looting. The supplies will benefit the prophecy.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 97