Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 152284 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 25 - Blood on the Snow, Finale!
« Reply #600 on: February 15, 2016, 11:27:41 am »

In that case:

If I fix it this turn, I'll then test it out by, once again, mindreading a civilian to find a Wiki-Warrior. Their thoughts may have been cleared by the moon, glistening in the sky to remind them of better days.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 11:42:06 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 15, 2016, 11:31:14 am »

In that case:

If I fix it this turn, I'll then test it out by, once again, mindreading a civilian to find a Wiki-Warrior. Their thoughts may have been cleared by sunrise.

It's still nighttime, approximately somewhere between 12:00 and 1:30.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 15, 2016, 11:41:34 am »

Oh! Okay, I wasn't paying attention to the time, assuming that was in the turn. I'll change mine to reflect that.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 15, 2016, 11:45:56 am »

Oh! Okay, I wasn't paying attention to the time, assuming that was in the turn. I'll change mine to reflect that.

I added in time and weather a few turns ago to give the game more dynamic systems, thought it would make things a little more interesting.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 15, 2016, 12:12:35 pm »

"I don't kill people with a proper dresscode and we both will benefit from partnership"

Leave the golf club on Nav's corpse, loot police pistol from one of the corpses and then help Hawk132 to get to a safe, warm place
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 15, 2016, 12:25:59 pm »

"Now hopefully I'll even be able to find somebody to shoot..."

Seek out Wiki-Warriors.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 15, 2016, 04:47:48 pm »

run over fallacy of urist in racecar

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 15, 2016, 05:28:28 pm »

By the way, you added a kill to Ukranian Ranger's tally, but not to Greatness's. Not sure if you missed any other death counts, but it probably doesn't matter too much given that no one else has actually died since Nanobones did all the way back in turn 14. And isn't that an interesting statistic.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

TinFoilTopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 15, 2016, 06:39:16 pm »

Can of has wait list?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 15, 2016, 07:01:10 pm »

Start up a unique painting store—one that sells my paintings, of course. The gimmick: You can pay in weapons!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 15, 2016, 07:43:42 pm »

By the way, you added a kill to Ukranian Ranger's tally, but not to Greatness's. Not sure if you missed any other death counts, but it probably doesn't matter too much given that no one else has actually died since Nanobones did all the way back in turn 14. And isn't that an interesting statistic.

Thanks for catching that. As for that statistic, I think it's due to a change in playstyle around that time, where a lot of people switched from "seek & destroy", the prominent tactic in previous games, to other more subtle strategies, such as the multiple people gaining support/troops before engaging in combat.

I've also been thinking of implementing a system where killing important NPCs will also get you points; for example, killing a player companion (i.e., Execute's Loyal Servant) would net you .5 Points.

Can of has wait list?

You can.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 15, 2016, 08:10:51 pm »

I'm not really sure about that rule about NPCs. I wouldn't necessarily be opposed, but the criterion for who is important enough and who isn't seems difficult to decide. Execute's Loyal Servant doesn't seem all that significant in comparison to their army for example. Are they all important? Only the officers and commander? Maybe even just the commander? I guess I'm indifferent as of yet. In any event, here's that first after action report. I forgot that that term existed. Also, I use the term conquistador here as a sort of generic one. It is a close enough description anyway. Also I guess this turned out longer than I was expecting. Names are courtesy of the first random generator that came up on google search. It is in a spoiler so that people don't have to scroll past it every time they read the page.

Spoiler: AAR:25 (click to show/hide)

Edit: So uh, any opinions on this?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 09:21:25 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 16, 2016, 04:56:18 pm »

I like it. This seems like a fun way for people to know what's going on with Archive Binging the entire match. I do wish you could do a thing where these 2 commentators discuss events as well, something like "In recent news of this match up, the Kauravan combatant NAV has been killed by UR at this point." Or something along those lines, but that's just me.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 26 - Government Cavalry
« Reply #613 on: February 17, 2016, 02:09:26 am »

Round 26: Government Cavalry
Weather Conditions: Snowing (12.5 inches)
Time: Early Morning

"So, what will it be, fellow Wiki-Warrior? Will you slay me as well? Because I'm not going to let myself just roll over and die." Hawk idly swings the Riot Gun around in his hands as he makes his statement for Ranger. The businesswoman shakes her head, "I don't kill people with a proper dresscode, and we both will benefit from partnership." She gingerly places the Golf Club onto NAV's body before recovering a Police Pistol and some ammunition from the nearby bodies of fallen law enforcement. (+Police Pistol) She slides on up next to Hawk, who gives a look of great suspicion.

"Now hopefully I'll even be able to find somebody to shoot..." FallacyofUrist creeps through the crowd, gently pushing shoulders away, emulating Ezio. On the streets of of Denmark she spots High tyrol and Elephant Parade, in a biplane and on a horse respectively, simply idling there. Fallacy pulls out her rifle preempting a possible assault...

Hawk searches one of the police officers for extra pistol magazines, finds them and loots the body before reloading his own pistol. He wipes his hand against his thigh and looks at it, coated in blood. He's got to get somewhere with a doctor, or better yet, somewhere he can make some veggie juice. He wearily eyes Ranger who is standing much to close for him for his comfort, as they both head deeper into the city in search of supplies. (Scouting: 1,10) After countless destroyed stores, Hawk sits down, convinced that there's no way he's getting out of this one before he bleeds out. Ranger taps him on the shoulder and points towards a locally owned grocery that hasn't been touched much by the blast. The two of them head inside the door which is still attached by a single hinge. Some of the contents are now rolling on the floor, but most of the place is in good shape. The power is off, but the weather has provided its own form of natural refrigeration, which has kept all of the food fresh so far.

Abstract wordlessly watches Autumn leave before burying his face into his hands. He begins to quietly sob, "....I'm....I'm I I'm a good person why? I helped those people all I want to do is live a nice life......." With tear-streaked eyes, he leaves the restaurant in search of some shelter, all the while trying not to give into depression and anguish. (8) He checks himself into a decent motel and flops down on a single bed, burying his face in the pillows. All he had done was try to be the best that he could and give back to the world, and it took everything from it and spit on his face. He ponders between the lines of becoming a bitter villain or maybe just dropping out of society and living in nature where he could find peace. Or he could watch every Madea movie on TV, which he does for the night.

Execute hides behind a pile of crates and gives them a solid knocking, attracting the attention of the nearest guard. He spins around, eyeing the crates and taking his sword out, cautiously approaching the spot...(9+2 vs. 7) Execute appears in the corner of the guard's eye, and before he can react Execute swings a chunk of scrap metal he had obtained nearby and hits the conquistador right on the noggin'. He crumples into a unconscious pile of metal and weaponry.

Nunzillor bows to the doctor and heads outside to meet her roughly dozen-and-a-half strong militia behind the hospital, Tiny Chuck among them. Nunzillor's request have been met with standard assault rifles, a couple snowmobiles, one grenade launcher, two light machine guns and a handful of hunting rifles."Patriots of Wisconsin!  The time has come to take our freedom!" (5+2) Nunzillor political agenda is met with a warm reception by the Tea Partiers and her battle plan is laid out with similar accord. Nunzillor requests a radio for the purpose of communication and she receives what she asks for. (+Handheld Radio Communicator) The group splits up into their various divisions as they leave to increase speed while decreasing the risk of them being all stopped at once.
(9+2) The leader's, Nunzillor and Tiny Chuck ski to the unseen and unpopulated side area of Denmark and lie in wait.
(1) The sniper's report that they are being stopped by highway police, further complicated by the fact that their guns are not registered.
(8) The assault team reach the edge of town with no hassle and begin moving in.
(2) One of the snowmobiles crashed on the way to the town, with the remaining snowmobile attempting to help out their fallen comrades, whose situation at the moment is currently unknown.

Greatness ducks into an empty tent where he can work on his helmet without disturbances, pushing past people who eagerly get out of the way of the Samurai with the blood stained sword. (3) Greatness sits down and gets to work on his mind-reading device, but it is bad condition, Person shot through not one but multiple layers of fibers that will require some serious workmanship on, Greatness could probably fix it himself, but he has to be careful, one wrong move and he could permanently disable it.

Elephant Parade gets off his literal high horse to pitch his idea to the townspeople that he will sell his art in exchange for weaponry. This fails for two main reasons, 1. The people who's homes have been destroyed and possibly have had loved ones recently killed are not in the mood to buy art and 2. Elephant Parade, while an acclaimed artist in his hometown, is not known here, and does not actually have a portfolio or any sample work with him at the moment, so there is nothing to go upon but his own word. What a bunch of losers, one little Apocalypse and no one cares about landscape paintings anymore.

High tyrol makes her daring maneuver, leaping right out of the cockpit of her plane and into the driver's seat of her racecar, a move that would surely have netted her 8.7 had professional judges been watching. She looks to ram her vehicle into the elusive Fallacy who she hears is sneaking around, (1) and spots her standing right in front of her! (8+2 vs. 9) Fallacy runs away screaming but Tyrol doesn't take her foot off of the gas, up to the point where she hits Fallacy, knocking her to the ground. Tyrol revs the engine, about to finish her off when the social critic notices a horrified crowd gathering around Fallacy. It's at this point that Tyrol realizes she has mistaken a random Texan/Algerian-looking woman for Fallacy. Whoops.

A mixture of lights and sirens attract the people of Denmark, who navigate to the edge of their campsite to greet the emergency vehicles that have arrived, among them are cruisers and SUVS from the Green Bay Police Department, ambulances, and FEMA trucks. The first order of business is attending to the sick and injured while the officials begin corralling people into groups to be transferred to Green Bay by order of importance; a visible wave of calm and hope is sparked in the crowds of people, even in the presence of police officers heavily armed and armored with Kelvar vests.

One police officer ducks into the tent where Greatness is tinkering with his helmet, "Sir, if you could come outside, we're getting everyone evacuated..." Once the officer realizes he is speaking to a Wiki-Warrior, his concerned expression turns to one of disdain. "Oh, you're one of those people who started this whole thing aren't ya'? Well you stay here and mind your damn business, you people are causing enough trouble already," he orders before leaving the tent.

A FEMA official puts his hand on Fallacy's shoulder, "Hey miss, the transportation is the other way...wait, why are you carrying all those guns?...Oh." He steps away. "Wiki-Warrior. Got it." He moves away from her, muttering something under his breath.

A group of ER's surround the civilian injured in the motor-vehicle accident and begin performing aid on her. High tyrol has not been noticed by the emergency officials nor has she been linked to the accident, but if she doesn't get out of here soon or come up with a story, trouble is going to get to her fast.

Nunzillor and Tiny Chuck watch the assault team from a distance as they begin to enter Denmark through a side road, unseen by anyone yet. "What the hell is that?" Nunzillor's attention snaps as Chuck points out vehicles coming into the city's main entrance. "Wait a second, what are the Feds doing here?" He glares at Nunzillor and in a harsh whisper exclaims, "You didn't tell me the fucking Feds were coming here! You expect us to fight the fucking police force?"

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nunzillor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ukranian Ranger (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: High tyrol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Nunzillor

Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 26 - Government Cavalry
« Reply #614 on: February 17, 2016, 02:50:21 am »

I frown before turning to Tiny Chuck.  "Several of your men— our men— have already sacrificed themselves so that we could make it here.  We are not leaving.  Not yet.  The situation has changed since yesterday, but we can still make this work.  The plan is the same: we need to masquerade as members of this tournament and defeat the combatants battling here.  The key is to avoid engaging the authorities for now."

"If things start to look bad, we can pull out, regroup, recruit more soldiers, and return when things are more favorable.  The intention always was to wage a guerrilla war, after all.  Watashitachiha vixtorious ni narimasu!"

Radio to the assault rifle team to seek cover in nearby buildings.  They will move forward from building to building (spreading out slightly but within 20 seconds of each other), keeping out of view of the main streets and inhabited areas.  Once they get eyes on a wiki-warrior, they are to stop immediately, take cover, and notify me.  Avoid detection at all costs.

Tell the snipers to attempt to talk their way out of the situation.  If that fails, cooperate.  Do not mention the assault on Denmark.  If they make it, tell them to take up overwatch on my current position.

Radio to the remaining snowmobile.  Get its status and also ascertain the fate of the men on the crashed snowmobile.  If they cannot locate the downed vehicle, they should just come to Denmark immediately.  Do we still have the grenade launcher?

I will rendezvous with the assault rifle team, also using buildings as cover, staying out of main streets, and generally sticking to the shadows.  I will stop immediately, take cover out of sight, and notify the assault rifle team to stop if we find a wiki-warrior.

Tiny Chuck is to stay at this position for now and report on all visible government and wiki-warrior movement until the snipers arrive to take his place.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 03:30:48 pm by Nunzillor »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 97