Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 152210 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 25 - Blood on the Snow, Finale!
« Reply #630 on: February 19, 2016, 08:40:00 am »

Quote from: TCM
Twinwolf's conversation with the store clerk, particularly on the subject of new strange events around town, seems to distract him from his initial suspicion. "That...stuff...that's going on outside, I don't want any part of that. Seems awfully unholy to me, fire comin' out of the sky, and I hear tales of people who can jump over a building or read minds and other baloney. I know the Wikipedia Council randomly picks each city to host its games but...I really wish they didn't pick us. We're just a small, family oriented simple town. Why'd they have to come here of all places?"

This is the last exchange with your character, Twinwolf. So far it has been successful in diverting the store clerk's attention from his suspicious inquiry.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 27 - Contact
« Reply #631 on: February 19, 2016, 09:20:58 am »

"AGH! But... I bet that hurt you more than it hurt me! *huff.... huff...* You know what! I've got... *huff*... a surprise for you!"

Fallacy removes one of the land mines from her hammerspace, arms it, and lobs it at mr. horseman.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: February 19, 2016, 12:41:00 pm »

OH NO!
Dramatically open the door and rush to see if the truck driver is alright if he isent try and get him out call ambulance if so.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: February 19, 2016, 04:13:16 pm »

Wait for Hawk then go to the sounds of gunfire coming from Elephant Parade and Fallacy of Urist duel. Use the backdoor exist from the shop if there are is one
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: February 20, 2016, 05:52:13 am »

Are the ship cannons facing the other ships, perchance?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: February 20, 2016, 09:55:06 am »

Are the ship cannons facing the other ships, perchance?

Since it's the middle ship, they are.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: February 20, 2016, 11:03:12 am »

after parking the airplane in a hanger  write a poem about a ww2 dogfight then if time permits fill up the race cars fuel tank.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: February 21, 2016, 12:00:06 am »

Place the sacks underneath any possible structural weak points (Using the engineering bonus I have), stick some fuse in the of the sacks, and grab some sort of firestarting tool, light the fuse, then fly, fly away.
Alan help.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 28 - A Short Duel
« Reply #638 on: February 22, 2016, 12:08:49 am »

Round 28: A Short Duel
Weather Conditions: Snowing (12.5 inches)
Time: Early Morning

Elephant swings his horse around and sheathes his sword, swapping it out for his Musket. (7+2 vs. 2) The businessman fires off the flintlock device, and through the smoky explosion of the gun a single musketball hits Fallacy in the forehead, skull, right below her previous wound. She flops onto the ground as Elephant lowers his shot and looks to see what damage he has caused, and is sufficiently satisfied. His horse painful whines.
Elephant Parade 1776'd FallacyofUrist!
+Article: Dmitri Tymoczko: +2 Music Composition, +2 Music Theory

High tyrol continues to cruise down in the street in her biplane, hitting the asphalt, swerving the lanes. (3) The highway is being held at a standstill due to traffic up ahead, and she comes nowhere near close to an airplane hangar. "What's going on?" Tyrol rolls down her window and asks the car next to her. "Radio says that there's been an accident with some sort of truck!" Comes the reply. "Hey! Are you driving a plane? That's not something you see everyday."

Execute works out his plan by taking the bags of gunpowder and tucking them into spaces that represent weak or critical points in the structure of the ship. (6+2) Storing the gunpowder in these vulnerable nooks and crannies would result in extreme damage if they were to, say, explode. He then uses some nearby rope as a fuse for the gunpowder and finally ignites the fuse sections of rope with a tinderbox. (5) Execute jumps out of a porthole and flies away, just in time for the ship to get rocked with internal explosions; he's barely in time, as the force of the synchronized blasts helps to propel him away, the heat of the reaction hot on his back. As he ascends, the air becomes thick with smoke and screams and cries of agony and confusion come from far below. Taking a look behind him, Execute spies the ship split into parts and sinking, as if a Kraken were pulling it into the depths below. He also becomes aware of the fact that the tip of his left wing is on fire.

Abstract, finally compelled to perform altruism again in his now meaningless life, swings his door wide open and rushes to the scene of the accident. He runs up to the door of the truck, "Are you alright?" The truck driver responds by unconsciously slumping over. Abstract opens the truck door and rifles through the man's pockets, using his cellphone to call for an ambulance. The driver remains unmoving and breathing, but very softly and with effort.

Greatness stands up from his fall and looks over himself to check that the chemicals from the helmet, particularly the acidic ones, didn't spill onto him or anything he had. After a quick looking, everything appears to be in order, besides from what was once his hypnotism device. He peeks out of the tent, watching vehicles full of people drive off down the road, and in the other direction, he spots Elephant Parade killing Fallacy with a headshot. Greatness exits, taking great care to avoid anyone seeing him. (7) None of them do, particularly Elephant Parade who is more concerned with figuring out if he killed Fallacy or not. Greatness turns a street corner and heads down a road, shielded by the cover of buildings and debris. The more he heads into the city, the louder he can hear gunshots coming from within.

Nunzillor updates her Assault Team on plans, giving them orders to sweep the buildings one at a time until the enemy can be found, but to fire if they're in danger or if the targets attempt to flee. (Perception: 2-1) The three militia leave the building, including one who tries to be cool by vaulting out of a broken window; in the darkness he ends up falling over the windowsill onto the ground. (3) "Ah shit! I busted my knee! Help!" The other two militia stop what they are doing and regroup to help their injured comrade. This, of course, leads to them not spending any time looking for their actual targets.
Nunzillor regroups with her squad to find that they have had no luck in finding the enemy, and have incurred an injury without getting fired upon. Nunzillor freezes for a moment to rub her forehead and sigh before looking for the Wiki-Warriors herself. (Perception vs. Stealth: 7-1) She sees a flicker of movement in a storefront in the distance. Could that be...? At this point they could be getting away, she has to take the shot. Nunzillor shoots off down the street, charging at the store while out her rifle. (1+2-1 vs. 3) Nunzillor fires a shot, unsure if she hit anyone in the heavy darkness, but getting the feeling that she didn't due to the lack of a loud thud or a scream of pain. (1 vs. 9) Ukranian attempts to fire back but she hears a click, despite the gun containing enough ammo. Uh oh.

Hawk grabs two plastic grocery bags and stuffs them with as many vegetables as he can without exceeding the capacity of either. Then, like the hero he is, he dives behind the counter and waits for the retreat.

Ukranian runs back into the grocery store, a single bullet flying past her down the road. She spins around and attempts to fire back, but is unable to get a shot off; her gun has Jammed at a very inopportune time. Cursing, she runs towards the back, signaling Hawk to follow her, which he does, bags of vegetables and all. (1) The two of them get to the back where there is an exit door, and when Ukranian opens it she finds that the exit way is blocked by the husk of an SUV that's on fire. Dandy.

Although most people were trying to leave Denmark, the city does gain one new arrival, one that parks his riverboat on the banks of the river that goes into the heart of Denmark. A lightly clothed man, the most muscular contestant that has been seen yet, jumps onto the shore. He walks forth, cracking his knuckles. "And with the jawbone of an ass, he slew hundreds of Roman soldiers..." He picks up a weighted barbell and shrugs his impressive 'stache.

Salsacookies has come to punch your shit in!

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nunzillor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ukranian Ranger (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: High tyrol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Salsacookies (click to show/hide)

That's was the fastest kill we've had in a while, wasn't it?

Person, if you don't mind, I'd like to add the AAR's to the OP of the game, for the convenience of anyone trying to catch up on the latest turns.

As a result of me being tired, I misread Nunzillor's action and was quite confused for a few seconds:

((I get the feeling that Tiny Chuck is going to turn me on...))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 28 - Short Duel
« Reply #639 on: February 22, 2016, 12:16:15 am »

Watch their condition after turning car off to preserve gas.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: February 22, 2016, 12:46:15 am »

I continue sneaking my way into the city, going toward the gunshots. Once I see the source of the rounds, I'll sneak my way onto a rooftop, making sure no one can see me. After that, I wait, and observe for the perfect moment to strike.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: February 22, 2016, 01:04:28 am »

OH DEAR GOD FLY INTO THE WATER.
Preferably away from the invaders though.
Alan help.

Nunzillor

« Reply #642 on: February 22, 2016, 02:14:54 am »

((Haha, turn on me.  But damn, those were some bad rolls.))

Baka!

I sigh.  "Charge, now!"

Mobile team: launch a grenade at a random building on the other side of town to split the police response.

Charge the building, get inside, shoot them.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 11:03:54 pm by Nunzillor »

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: February 22, 2016, 03:39:03 am »

Person, if you don't mind, I'd like to add the AAR's to the OP of the game, for the convenience of anyone trying to catch up on the latest turns.
I wasn't really able to post one for turn 27 due to irl shenanigans, but I guess I'll just make the next one a double feature or something. Also go ahead.

Edit: AAR GOES HERE!

Spoiler: AAR:27-28 (click to show/hide)

Edit2: Oh man I've been having so much trouble with tenses lately. That's what happens when you edit the words that have meaning while ignoring the bits of the English Language that actually structure those words. Also I couldn't find a way to work the Wikipedia Council into this yet because I had forgotten what it was called. We've been getting a lot more lore lately, which is to say lore exists at all beyond an excuse plot.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 10:21:53 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: February 22, 2016, 04:53:45 am »

First, place all my barbell weights on one side of the pole, and fasten them tightly, creating a very heavy hammer. Then, Leisurely walk towards my nearest opponent. Kindly greet him with a barbell whack to the face!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 09:20:16 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 97