Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 150254 times)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 28 - Short Duel
« Reply #660 on: February 23, 2016, 08:11:13 am »

Try to take out Nunzillor's assault team.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: February 23, 2016, 08:51:50 am »

Tackle Chuck, then go hammer down on him.

Tiny Chuck: watch my position and be ready to fire if any of the combatants leave the building.
I believe Chuck is currently occupied with not being smash into paste at the moment. Please hold while he tries not to die.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 09:02:20 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Nunzillor

« Reply #662 on: February 23, 2016, 01:13:18 pm »

((Oops, I missed that.  Yeah, better let that be sorted out, one way or another.))

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 23, 2016, 07:15:53 pm »

Hey, could you waitlist me? This is truly a glorious thread.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: February 23, 2016, 07:18:29 pm »

Hey, could you waitlist me? This is truly a glorious thread.

Yes I can.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: February 24, 2016, 10:09:16 am »

AAR, ye mates. 4 warriors in that little shopping mart, and 3 assault team members. Delicious chaos. I wonder who will go down first, as I doubt escape is much of an option anymore.

Spoiler: AAR:29 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 09:31:14 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 29 - Grocery Gangfight Pt. 2, Dire Straits
« Reply #666 on: February 25, 2016, 02:16:57 am »

Round 30: Grocery Gangfight Pt. 2, Dire Straits
Weather Conditions: Snowing (12.5 inches)
Time: Early Morning

Hawk pops out of cover and continues to empty out his pistol on Hawk's Assault Squad. (1 vs. 5) He continues to destroy the scenery while shooting in the direction of either man and failing to hit them, putting a hole in a can of beans and then perforating a melon with his successive failed shots. (4 vs. 1) The assault team retaliates and a rifle bullet tears into Hawk's ear and sends him to the ground.

Execute/Dumbo.exe shakes off as much moisture as he can, which is quite a lot considering how much of it was absorbed by his now damp heavy royal robes and wing feathers. (6) His trek back is quite uneventful, the only exciting part coming when he nearly trips over some vines as he does his best to navigate the thick foliage and flora of the Aztec jungle. A couple hours later, he arrives on the outskirt of the bustling central city where he had originally departed from. The wooden gate is immediately opened while the guards bow to him on one knee.

Greatness stays in waiting at the top of the grocery store, one hand tight around the shaft of a Javelin, ready to pounce at a moments notice if anyone tried to exit the building. At the current time, everyone was staying inside, but he was prepared to send a spear through the top of someone's skull as soon as he saw them.

Ukrainian Ranger launches another kick at Nunzillor, (9+2 vs. 5) aiming at the rifle this time. The kick comes from underneath and hits it directly in the center, sending it flying upwards from Nun's hands. The force is enough to propel the gun into the soft, Styrofoam roof and break through the material, resulting in it now being half-stuck in the pliable substance. (To visualize this, imagine a thumbtack penetrating Styrofoam, and now replace that thumbtack with the gun, its barrel being the stuck  'sharp' part.) The gun is now much too high up for someone to simply jump up and grab it. Ranger isn't done, and follow's this up with a single punch, (2+3 vs. 7) giving Nunzillor the chance to prove that she's no chump when it comes to close-combat. Nunzillor blocks the hook aimed at her head and shoves Ranger away to prevent another quick attack from commencing. (3 vs. 1) Nunzillor further sends UR back with a quick left jab to the nose, sending its recipient backwards a couple steps.

Elephant Parade offers his horse up as a means of transportation to the emergency relief effort, provided they return it once the evacuation is done; his offer is immediately accepted and his horse is led away, to be treated and then subsequently used for a good purpose. Elephant's latest experiences inspire him to compose a song which he entitles, "Shot Someone in the Head with a Musket In 2016." (6+2) He tests it out on a few evacuees waiting for their turn to head out and he is given a positive reception. The common critiques are that he's a little pitchy and it could use instrumentation.

"No sir, is there anything that you need my help with chap?" The emergency responder is a bit confused by Abstract calling him both a 'sir' and a 'chap, but quickly gets over it. "We can take it from here, but if you aren't doing anything and want to help out, why don't you volunteer for the Denmark Evacuation Effort? It looks like you have a car and they need all the help they can get."

Nunzillor chastises her Assault Team while maintaining a fighting stance and keeping her eyes on Ukrainian Ranger. "I'm fine, but identify your targets before you fire!" Nunzillor had just lost her rifle, so it would have to come down to Plan B, which was activated by drawing her Katana from its sheathe on her hip. (2 vs. 5+2) Nunzillor rushes forward and slashes with the blade, yet Ukrainian is able to weave under the blade and escape it; it seems like she's had experienced in this type of combat before. (10+2 vs. 3) Ukrainian performs a spinning jump kick that connects with the side of Nunzillor's head. The initial hit to the head did a moderate amount of damage, but the true impact came from the kinetic energy that sent Nunzillor's whole body flying into the corner of the counter. Nunzillor hits the counter full-force neck force, causing the right side of her neck to be deeply impaled on the sharp corner. Nunzillor wounds sprays blood all over the counter and floor as if half of her entire neck had been slit by a Bowie knife.
The Assault Team was too occupied to notice that their leader had recently become physically attached to the other end of the counter, a good ten feet away from them. After hitting Hawk once, the two militia pointed their guns over the side of the counter, trying to hit him before he could fire back. (9 vs. 2) Hawk attempts to multitask, shooting with one hand and trying to eat lettuce with the other. This would spell disaster for him, as he doesn't have enough time to do either with his attention divided. For all of his efforts, he is rewarded with two shots in the chest, pinning him to the ground. His body trembles as it takes the force of the bullets, almost like they were bouncing him off of the floor, blood spurting from his mouth; this causes him to drop the lettuce as well.
Mobile Team received new orders from Nunzillor right before she engaged in one-on-one combat with UR. The snowmobile stops and turns around, zooming towards the small hill which Tiny Chuck had identified his location as. "Chuck what is your status?" "Ah!-What the-woah! Come help me goddammit!" The snowmobile riders spot the conflict at the top of the hill, which was Chuck dodging some sort of huge bludgeon being wielded by a giant man. In this situation, using the Grenade Launcher would endanger Chuck, so the Mobile Team props the LMG on the seat of the snowmobile, one man aiming and firing while another one held the ammo and keeping it steady. (5 vs. 10) The bullets are inaccurate, especially since the gun has to be fired at an upwards angle, and the unidentified enemy could not care less that a machine gun was firing at him.

With bullets whizzing around him, Salsacookies lowers the Barbell Hammer for a moment to charge at Tiny Chuck shoulder-first. (8+2 vs. 6) Chuck does not see this coming and allows Salsacookies shoulder to hit him right in the shoulder plexus. Salsacookies takes Chuck down, completely winded from the surprise tackle. (4 vs. 5-2) Salsacookies raises up the mighty hammer, eliciting panic in Chuck, which gives him enough energy to scurry away on his back. He most of his body out of the way before the hammer comes down, but it still lands on his right foot, fracturing numerous bones inside of it. Chuck lets out a mighty yell of pain that echoes to the bottom of the hill. One of the Mobile Team members stops shooting his gun for a moment, "Uh oh. That ain't good."
(7 vs. 1) Chuck, without many options left, goes for a forbidden technique and kicks Salsacookies between the legs. Salsacookies makes a noise that no man of his size should be able to make and falls downwards, clutching the effect area and dropping his Barbell Hammer, letting it roll down the hill away from him. This allows Chuck enough time to stand up, grab his rifle and hobble away.
(2) At the bottom of the hill, one Mobile Member points to a metallic object coming tumbling down the hill at high speed. He points at it, "Hey, do you see that?" His partner squints his eyes, "What are you-, oh yeah, I see it. Boy, that's coming fast, ain't it?" The Barbell Hammer launches off of a naturally created ramp in the hill and barrels at the mobile team. The unweighted end hits one of the Mobile militia in the head, knocking him out instantly, he is the lucky one. The weighted end hits the LMG, reducing it into a chunk of metal, which absorbs the force of the hammer and is sent at the man standing right behind it, flying into his face. The effect is similar to tapping a grape with a sledgehammer.

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nunzillor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ukrainian Ranger (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: High tyrol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Salsacookies (click to show/hide)

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 30 - Grocery Gangfight Pt. 2, Dire Straits
« Reply #667 on: February 25, 2016, 02:24:19 am »

I might have woken up my flatmates with my confused laughter.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: February 25, 2016, 02:28:53 am »

I climb down the roof, still sneaking, and go inside, hiding somewhere they can't find me (no idea if there's aisles or not). I wait for one of the Assault Team to make his way to Nunzillor, where I'll burst out, and attempt a Stealth Takedown. If that succeeds, I'll take the dude's Rifle (EDIT: and Radio, if he has one) and strap them to my back, before going back into hiding.

There are no words to the amount of things going on, just...wow. :o
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 02:32:59 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: February 25, 2016, 02:33:07 am »

Enter, and meet up with the leader.
"Hail, I have come bearing good news, I have destroyed one of their floating houses, even if the leader wasn't on it, the ensuing confusion ought to buy us some time while they try to find some nonexistent traitor, how are your soldiers going with the weapon training?"
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 07:16:12 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Nunzillor

« Reply #670 on: February 25, 2016, 02:46:19 am »

((Hah!  Well, looks like that's it.  I am not good at these!))

Gurgle.  Attempt to somehow attack UR with my katana.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: February 25, 2016, 02:54:21 am »

((Hah!  Well, looks like that's it.  I am not good at these!))

I say you did fine. The only mistakes I would point to are going up against a Kung-fu master in a tight space and putting a little too much face in amateur revolutionaries. And a large part of it is the nature of the game, if one roll had gone differently Ranger could have easily been the one spilling her insides everywhere.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: February 25, 2016, 05:42:33 am »

"Pain, pain, pain!"

Veggies, now.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: February 25, 2016, 05:45:27 am »

The anger of The Brazen Bull wells up within me. "Fine, if you want to leave, I'LL SHOW YOU THE WAY!"

Pick up Tiny Chuck, and throw him off the slope
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: February 25, 2016, 08:02:50 am »

Show militia why they should have stayed outside and attack them with kung fu trying to neutralize both of them.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 97