Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 150285 times)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 31 - Ascension
« Reply #690 on: February 26, 2016, 03:31:53 pm »

(The weight will hold it there fairly steady I assume. Other than that, I'm not sure how else to set it up.)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: February 26, 2016, 04:29:02 pm »

Find some cover and stay there. Try to persuade militia to surrender and join our ranks now when their leader is dead. Also, say that UR doesn't mind forming a three way team with Greatness942 if Hawk agrees
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: February 26, 2016, 04:54:38 pm »

((Hey TCM, you mind throwing me on the waitlist?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: February 26, 2016, 04:55:02 pm »

(The weight will hold it there fairly steady I assume. Other than that, I'm not sure how else to set it up.)

The problem comes from most modern snowmobiles having narrow bodies in addition to fronts that slope.

((Hey TCM, you mind throwing me on the waitlist?))

Course not.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: February 26, 2016, 04:57:47 pm »

Continue to wait for treatment.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: February 26, 2016, 05:01:47 pm »

Find some cover and stay there. Try to persuade militia to surrender and join our ranks now when their leader is dead. Also, say that UR doesn't mind forming a three way team with Greatness942 if Hawk agrees
Assist with the persuading! If that fails, shoot them. Also, I don't mind a three-way alliance.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: February 26, 2016, 05:02:47 pm »

(Okay, I'll just hold it like a lance then)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: February 26, 2016, 05:09:01 pm »

(Okay, I'll just hold it like a lance then)

Cool. If you find some chain later or something like that, you could try connecting it by that.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: February 26, 2016, 07:47:21 pm »

((*Looks up Aztec gods*
Wow, there are a bunch of them, in fact, way too many, do I have to make up an original god name or can I take one from the existing gods?))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: February 26, 2016, 08:26:50 pm »

Ha! It is complete!

Spoiler: AAR:30-31 (click to show/hide)

I'm no expert on this Execute, but they said the name will be translated, so that implies a new name. Still, I don't necessarily see anything wrong with choosing an existing name, other than the chance of it being blasphemy to them. They could also simply see it as you being that god's avatar. So I guess it could go either way. I suppose you could just use your forum name "Execute" as your god name. :P You can't go wrong there.

By the way, not that I'm not thankful for having a vehicle, but why did you give me the spudmobile? That was just inspired. Sure, the town is famous for potatoes, I get that. I just don't understand how you got "Make a car out of/into a potato" out of that?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 09:35:45 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: February 26, 2016, 08:39:25 pm »

((*Looks up Aztec gods*
Wow, there are a bunch of them, in fact, way too many, do I have to make up an original god name or can I take one from the existing gods?))

Do as you wish. You can take an old name, but you might want to stick a 'The Second', 'The Resurrection', etc., so people can easily tell the difference in conversation. Alternatively, just take some English and translate it.

Ha! It is complete!

Spoiler: AAR (click to show/hide)

I'm no expert on this Execute, but they said the name will be translated, so that implies a new name. Still, I don't necessarily see anything wrong with choosing an existing name, other than the chance of it being blasphemy to them. They could also simply see it as you being that god's avatar. So I guess it could go either way. I suppose you could just use your forum name "Execute" as your god name. :P You can't go wrong there.

By the way, not that I'm not thankful for having a vehicle, but why did you give me the spudmobile? That was just inspired. Sure, the town is famous for potatoes, I get that. I just don't understand how you got "Make a car out of/into a potato" out of that?

Great AAR as usual. And when I finally got an Article city with some sort of interesting feature, (99% of locations Articles I roll are tiny villages in Kazakhstan or Bangladesh with about 3 sentences worth of information) I knew I had to include it. I couldn't think of anyway to make it have an effect though, beyond giving you a giant dormant potato, which wouldn't make things much more interesting. The inherent problem was its size, so if I spawned a single giant potato it would sit there and do nothing. (You might argue that Twinwolf's Kartouwe Cannon is also a big pile of uselessness, but if he ever got enough people to use it, it has the potential to level entire buildings.) Then I recalled that you had a bonus to riding horses, since that WWI Major General was in the cavalry for many years, so I thought why not let him ride a potato like in the days of his youth? Note: Horseback Riding bonus not applied to Giant Potato Riding because the Mobile Gargantuan Potato is mechanical as opposed to a horse, so it's more like driving a minimalist motorized vehicle.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 08:49:45 pm by TCM »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: February 26, 2016, 11:16:15 pm »

((Sweet.))
The (Now true) god draws himself up to hid full height, wings spread in an intimidating display of power, and speaks, "My name is Spirit Of Force, and I shall help propell this place to new heights!
Get all your combat capable forces ready and set your artists on the job of creating an artwork of..." Give him a description of the enemy camp, be as specific as possible, and send him out to give those instructions to the artists, "we shall head out as soon as possible, come to me when you are ready, I shall be speaking with the new high priest."
Go and speak to Yuri in private, apologise for all the insane developments that have been occuring and show that I'm still as I always was, then start planning to send him in to infiltrate the camp, with all the confusion, it should make it easy for him to sneak in.

((Look, guys, don't worry about being killed by me or my minions, I'm just kinda doing this stuff by the seat of my pants and have no idea how to work this shit.))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: February 27, 2016, 12:36:35 pm »

Well, that explains things. I'd like to know how fast or maneuverable my the spud-mobile (because I'll never stop calling it that) is. Or rather, how fast and maneuverable it isn't. I don't expect much in terms of durability, but those two things would be nice to know. Can it at least outrun the average person, or is it a glorified parade float? I'd worry about fuel but that's abstracted away, so I doubt any vehicle will ever run out of it. Well, other than vehicles known for such things, of course.

I wasn't really specific about how I was scouting the town, but I'm doing it on board my vehicle. You'd probably assume as such, but I'm just making sure.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 01:40:21 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: February 27, 2016, 01:34:00 pm »

Well, that explains things. I'd like to know how fast or maneuverable my the spud-mobile (because I'll never stop calling it that) is. Or rather, how fast and maneuverable it isn't. I don't expect much in terms of durability, but those two things would be nice to know. Can it at least outrun the average person, or is it a glorified parade float? I'd worry about fuel but that's abstracted away, so I doubt any vehicle will ever run out of it. Well, other than vehicles known for such things, of course.

I was really specific about how I was scouting the town, but I'm doing it on board my vehicle. You'd probably assume as such, but I'm just making sure.

The potato has a top speed of approximately 35 MPH, with its normal speed going about 20-25, so it can beat out a person in a race but not by that much and it doesn't hold a candle to any automobile made after the 1920's. It's maneuverability is also quite poor and requires a large amount of space to turn.

Fuel and ammo supplies are abstracted, to a certain point. I don't really keep track of them, but there is a limit to how much everyone has, it doesn't come up until you start running out, which I'll notify you of. Usually these resources are expended on such a small scale that I don't have to track things, but if you're driving across entire states or constantly firing your gun, you will run out eventually.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 32 - Triple-Alliance
« Reply #704 on: February 27, 2016, 04:19:41 pm »

Round 32: Triple-Alliance
Weather Conditions: Snowing (12.5 inches)
Time: Dawn

"It seems we've finally made it to the battlegrounds. I must say, I was skeptical at first when you acquired this vehicle, but it has been growing on me. That's figuratively and literally by the way. I think we've grown an inch or two since started this trip. What do you say we have a look about town?" Person commemorates his subordinate and asks of his opinion. "I say that's a fine idea sir," the private replies, without breaking his constant scanning of the perimeter down the iron sights of his rifle. "I would keep my guard, you know what sort of mess we've come into." (7) The city is suspiciously quiet while the potato sputters down the road, the trip delayed by the occasional wreckage left in the streets. As the soldier delves further in, Person spots another vehicle heading in this direction, this one traveling on the snow and equipped with lights; with its sleek design, he deduces it has to be some sort of snow-traversing vehicle with a single driver.

High tyrol tries her hand at diplomacy by shaking her fist out the window of her plane and screaming at Abstract, "MOVE!" Abstract lowers his own window to reply, "Um....but I kinda need to get through to help the citzens of Denmark so can you try and move your plane?" The pouty Tyrol furrows her brow and sits her butt back down in the driver's seat, hands clutching the mechanisms for the machine guns. The Biplane rotates to fully face Abstract's car, prompting Autumn to ask, "Uh, what's she doing?" Abstract silently answers the question by making a quick U-Turn. (4+2) Abstract avoid nearly turning into the other surrounding cars as he rushes away, telling Autumn to call the police. "THANK YOU!" Tyrol yells as her rival flees into the night. Autumn speaks to the police as Abstract heads back into Green Bay, "They say that she didn't do anything illegal..."
With no obstacles left in her path, Tyrol finally makes to the Dalls Auckburn International Airport.

As Greatness and the militia both recover from their past failed attacks, the Samurai takes the opportunity to talk to the other Wiki-Warriors, ""Hey! You two, the ones that aren't shooting at me. We could work together, to finish our goals!" He pulls his sword out of the bag of dog food and charges the militia before he can finish reloading. (9+3 vs. 8) Greatness swings his sword and the militia attempts to back up, which nets him a deep wound as the blade cuts into his right thigh. He forward, dropping his gun in the process, giving Greatness another opportunity. (2+3 vs. 10-2) Greatness points his blade downward and thrusts, but the militia lunges forward and the sword embeds itself into the ground. The Assault Squad member grabs his fallen and reloaded gun, flipping onto his back and shooting at Greatness. (8 vs. 10) Greatness ducks as bullets pierce the ceiling and the lights above him, his Samurai armor shielding him from falling broken glass.
Ukrainian calls out from her cover, "You're leader is dead and we outnumber you! If you want to stand a real chance, you'll come fight with us!" Hawk stands up and uses his political expertise to aid Ukrainian's effort, "We've got a department store manager/kung-fu master, an influential politician and now a Samurai warrior! With your help, we can all be unstoppable. (5+2[Hawk Assist] vs. 8) The militia at the front of the grocery store lowers his gun. "Well, you do have a point. The three of you do seem like-" He is cut off as the sound of his companion being attacked fills the area, followed by a burst of gunfire, "-like a bunch of lying fuckers!" He raises his gun again, and Hawk trains his gun on him, prepared for this outcome. (9 vs. 7) Hawk fires a single bullet that strikes the nearest militia in the ankle, resulting in him stumbling to the ground.
Greatness continues to fight in the aisle, rushing the militia before he has a chance to recenter his gun on the Japanese warrior. (4+3 vs. 6-2) He jams his Katana into the prone man's gut, cutting him down further. Despite this, he keeps a weak grip on his gun, "Aren't you going to die?!" asks an impatient Greatness.
Despite all of them being engaged in simultaneous combat, Ukrainian Ranger & Hawk manage to expand their alliance to include Greatness.

Salsacookies chucks the unconscious man off of his newly acquired snowmobile, stuffing the Grenade Launcher into a bag attached to the back of the vehicle while getting on and revving the engine. (+Snowmobile, Grenade Launcher) He drives back into the heart of Denmark, and his light flashes upon someone else driving in his direction. He sees two guys on some sort of...horse? Wagon? He can't tell at this distance, but there are definitely two people coming towards him on some sort of ride.

Elephant Parade waits until his treatment is ready but immersing himself in his next hit single. When he is finally called, he is led into a tent where the bullet in his foot is extracted and the wound is cleaned and sealed. [Left Foot Healed] One of the nurses working on him comments, "It's nice that you sing for all of these people, to give them something to take their minds off of what happened you know? I believe it to be a real, blessed service." He pauses for a minute and rubs his beard contemplatively, "Say, have you ever sung in a Church? Our choir is looking for a new member."

When Execute chooses his title, spreading his wings fully to show his authority, the Emperor solemnly nods. He dips his fingers into a cup of purple liquid next to him, using those same fingers to mark Execute, giving him a thick horizontal purple line on both cheeks, three vertical lines on his forehead and one large circle on his chin. "You are now titled the Most Holy Amihiyotzinuatmotlapal. May we be guided in your infinite wisdom." He, and the rest of the congregation, all bow to Execute. "What are your orders?" Execute commands that all the combat forces that the Emperor can immediately call on should all gather while the greatest artists in the empire recreate a grand map of the camp as per his description; this should all go down while Execute confers with the High Priest. Execute exits and takes off in flight, arriving at the Grand Temple. Making his way inside the structure, the various priests drop to their knees as Execute rushes past them, finding Yuri in his private chambers, mediating. When Execute enters, Yuri's eyes open wide and he drops to his knees, "Your excellency, how you bless a humble, undeserving soul like-"
Execute runs up to the Boyar, pulling up by his shoulders so the two face each other. "No Yuri! It is just me, Execute. Beneath the paint and the wings I am the man you always knew, I have not changed! Do not treat me like your master!"
Yuri stammers, "But s-sir, even before this you were my master and I your servant."
"...Oh." Execute lets go of Yuri and sits down. "But haven't we always been more than that? Helping each other out, speaking with each other, journeying across strange lands together?" Execute leans in close, "Listen, it isn't every day that a Russian Noble and his servant become a God of War and a High Priest respectively, but whatever their situation is, they can still be friends at the end of the day, understand?"
Yuri stands. "...Yes, I understand...Prince Execute."
After this closure is made, a General runs into the room, "Pardon me for intruding High Priest, but the Emperor wanted me to speak to Amihiyotzinuatmotlapal as quickly as possible! He says that all forces in Tenochtitlan have formed at the edge of the city and are ready for the final battle against the invaders! Additionally, our empire's greatest artists have produced this!" He pulls out a piece of parchment and unravels it; (4+2[Master Artists]) The map lacks various details of the enemy camp, but it gets the general layout correct, and Execute could not have expected much better on such short notice.

Breaking News: Highway Standoff! - Reports are coming in , a group of armed men were stopped on Interstate 43 by a single  police car. After an argument arose about the legality of their firearms, a shootout broke out that left one officer dead and one seriously wounded while all shooters escaped. Authorities are warning citizens in the area to be on the lookout for a group of 4-6 men skiing and holding rifles, considering them all to be highly dangerous. Authorities also ask for any information on this group of criminals to be called into the police.

Dawn begins to break over Wisconsin. Perception penalties have ended.

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ukrainian Ranger (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: High tyrol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Salsacookies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)

Proposal for a new mechanic to excite the audience while opening up more options for contestants to get ahead: Quests.

Quests would be optional tasks that appear spontaneously, that upon completion would gain the player Points, Points effectively being Kills that do not require PvP (so they increase a player's total score and grant them an Article(s) as well. Quests could include things like:

*Defeating a powerful NPC.
*Finding a hidden artifact.
*Holding onto a certain item for (X) amount of turns.

And so on. The Difficulty/Danger inherent in a Quest being reflected in its point value, with most of the common ones being worth 1 Point while the most treacherous could net you up to 3 points, maybe 4, but that would be pushing it.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 04:34:33 pm by TCM »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 97