Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 150224 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 32 - Triple-Alliance
« Reply #705 on: February 27, 2016, 04:26:22 pm »

Just drive into the town of Denmark after the crazy person has left.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: February 27, 2016, 05:29:15 pm »

"This is rather eerie isn't it? The town feels almost dead."

"Hm? Is someone else out on the streets at this time? A relief worker perhaps? No. This may be one of our enemies. Stay alert."

Hail my fellow traveler. Try to avoid any potential attacks. Be prepared to retaliate if need be.

This is said as we approach each other: "Good morning to you! Are you part of the relief?"

OOC: Quests do sound interesting. It would certainly give players another thing to do besides wantonly murder each other, even if that is the point of the game. I imagine Execute's campaign (for lack of a better word) would have a quest (or quests) involved in it, right? I'm not opposed to the idea at any rate. It might just offer a way for less fortunate players to advance. Sort of like the alternative victory conditions in a Civilization game. The main downside I suppose, is that frequency of player death might go down some. Really, what matters most to me is whether or not it'll hurt your ability to update. Anyway, would you be opposed to an alliance with me Salsacookies?
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: February 27, 2016, 05:48:38 pm »

((I like the idea of quests, for sure.))

Politely decline. Ask someone in-the-know where the refugees are heading to—I need to know where to pick my horse up from, later.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: February 27, 2016, 05:53:19 pm »

OOC: Quests do sound interesting. It would certainly give players another thing to do besides wantonly murder each other, even if that is the point of the game. I imagine Execute's campaign (for lack of a better word) would have a quest (or quests) involved in it, right? I'm not opposed to the idea at any rate. It might just offer a way for less fortunate players to advance. Sort of like the alternative victory conditions in a Civilization game. The main downside I suppose, is that frequency of player death might go down some. Really, what matters most to me is whether or not it'll hurt your ability to update. Anyway, would you be opposed to an alliance with me Salsacookies?

Quests incorporate themselves into the game quite easily, so it would not alter my frequency at all. I would also design them in way to actually encourage violence rather than decrease it, and there would always be a risk involved, which is why they are optional. Quest Bosses would all be dangerous, a good way to stop someone from going after the same Quest Treasure as you would be to kill them, and the basis for the Hold onto the Artifact Quests is that once you have the artifact, you'll have a lot of other people who want to take it from you before you can complete the time limit. You also get a nice little reward at the end of Quests in addition to Points, like you get to keep the Artifact or Treasure for yourself.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: February 27, 2016, 06:01:18 pm »

That's good to hear. I think I kind of understand what you're getting at? Will these quests/artifacts be based on articles just like anything else, even if it isn't all of the time? Also, what exactly do you mean by powerful NPC? Also also what would artifacts do, other than "almost anything"? This might be better suited for a different game, not that it wouldn't work here as well. Then again, quests probably won't be a common thing, so I'm probably worrying about nothing.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: February 27, 2016, 06:23:53 pm »

That's good to hear. I think I kind of understand what you're getting at? Will these quests/artifacts be based on articles just like anything else, even if it isn't all of the time? Also, what exactly do you mean by powerful NPC? Also also what would artifacts do, other than "almost anything"? This might be better suited for a different game, not that it wouldn't work here as well. Then again, quests probably won't be a common thing, so I'm probably worrying about nothing.

I was thinking of actually making these deliberate of my own choosing, would that be too much of a violation of the "Everything is Random" Theme? And yes, there would be the occasional quest or two on the side, but the majority of the game would still be this. Maybe if nothing was really going on during the game it would prompt me to insert a Quest to liven things up a little.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: February 27, 2016, 06:50:24 pm »

(Writing this on mobile, so... Also, the idea of a quest system could be fun if it doesn't distract from the action, so having one on the side would do that.)

Go ahead and finish this Milita Assault off, but then attempt to get the other guy on our side by saying this:

"I apologize for your friend, he attacked me, however, and I was unaware of my new allies' use of diplomacy. If you could maybe stop shooting, weigh your options, and join us? It would benefit us all.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: February 27, 2016, 06:54:05 pm »

Aye, a quest system sounds fun as long as it doesn't take away from the deathmatch. It would suit the game especially well if the quests and rewards are generated by random article.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: February 27, 2016, 07:55:48 pm »

I like the idea of a quest system.
Do I get, like, 5 articles after my campaign?
"Hrmmm.
Good enough, hopefully this will work correctly, no time to waste now."
to the front of the assembled warriors, Amihiyotzinuatmotlapal speaks in a booming voice, reaching to the corners of the village, "WE HAVE ASSEMBLED HERE TODAY FOR WAR, THIS TRIBE HAS LIVED HERE FOR TIMES UNCOUNTABLE AND YET THESE FALSE WHITE SPIRITS HAVE COME TO TAKE THIS LAND AWAY FROM US! WELL, I SAY WE SHALL NOT LET THEM! THEY SHALL BLEED FOR THEIR CRIMES AND WE SHALL BE THE UNSTOPPABLE FORCE TO MAKE THEM! WE SHALL NOT FALL TO THESE INVADERS, WE SHALL NEVER FALL!"
Try and get their morale up with this rousing speech, then hold up the piece of art in front of me and open the portal, try thinking about the camp in the process, if it works, send the majority of the soldiers through, and send a secondary group through the jungle, to try and catch any stragglers, then grab Yuri, and fly him into the back of the soldiers forces, get him to start secretly killing any soldiers he can in the panic, hopefully, that'll worsen the enemy forces.
If the portal doesn't work, do the same thing, just through the jungle.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: February 27, 2016, 08:43:18 pm »

Now here's the real question. Is that painting going to be correct enough that they'll be transported back to the camp you saw? Or are you going to go to a similar version of the camp, resulting in another painting layer? Painting-ception. (Horn) Also don't answer that. Rhetorical question.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: February 28, 2016, 07:55:40 am »

Drive off to the side, to not be in its way

(Quests sounds good)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 10:30:54 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: February 28, 2016, 09:20:10 am »

Quests do sound interesting.

Well, we gave them a chance to join. Kill'em.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: February 28, 2016, 10:03:57 am »

Wait untill the militiaman start firing at someone else, then charge at him
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: February 28, 2016, 01:10:42 pm »

attempt to sell my air plane to the airport and try to buy a helicopter also fill up my car with fuel(race cars use jet fuel I think.)

Quest sons good to me.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: February 28, 2016, 01:53:50 pm »

I think quests are nifty way of bringing people together. It gives players a common goal, which in turn, places them in conflict with each other.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 97