Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 150267 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 32 - Triple-Alliance
« Reply #735 on: February 29, 2016, 04:45:11 pm »

I'd personally say less recapping what happened and more analysis/predictions/jokes/connections to earlier rounds/whatever.

If you wanted a constructive critique Person, I'd concur with NAV. Since everyone reading is going to go over the turns, general recaps aren't that important. Instead, focus on the implications what has happened each turn, you can even imply rather than summarize. (Instead of "Player X did this this and this" you can just, "Wow, that was a crazy turn for Player X! This means that....") Focus on your own opinions, analysis and predictions for the following turn. Feel free to give advice, that's what real commentators do. "Now if I was player X, I would...."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 33 - The Aztecs Strike Back!
« Reply #736 on: February 29, 2016, 05:33:07 pm »

You know, that seems so obvious in retrospect. I'll get on that as soon as possible.

Edit: Here we go.

Spoiler: AAR:32-33 (click to show/hide)

Is that better?

(Also, Twinwolf hasn't posted here in quite a while. I'd poke them by pm if you haven't already TCM. I'd do it myself, but that seems presumptuous.)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 09:42:14 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 33 - The Aztecs Strike Back!
« Reply #737 on: March 02, 2016, 12:44:43 pm »

(I, uh, don't mean to be rude or anything, but it's been two days. If you want some help, Salsacookies, High Tyrol and Twinwolf are the only ones who haven't updated. I'm okay with people taking their time, really I am, but there's been no activity for two days. I'm just saying. I really will be patient, it's just, when something doesn't update for a while, I get really antsy and keep going back to check and see if something's happened of not.)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 12:49:28 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 34 - Conquistador by the Dozen
« Reply #738 on: March 02, 2016, 08:39:50 pm »

Round 34: Conquistador by the Dozen
Weather Conditions: Snow (12.5 inches)
Time: Dawn

Elephant Parade asks the police officers overwatching the relief effort to attach some sort of identification to his horse so that he can retrieve it later. "Yeah, sure, I'll keep an eye for him," the officers says halfheartedly as he pays more attention to the stuff going on around than to Elephant specifically. Elephant moves away to a more secluded to spot to reload his Musket out of the eyesight of any civilians. While he does this, he spots a man too lightly dressed for this type of weather, driving into the general area of the camp. He's huge, more muscular than any person Elephant had seen in person, and he's carrying some sort of metallic object with him...

"Well I was kinda the chap who went to Green Bay and convinced them to send relief so why the sports car may not have much room I'm willing to help to the best of my ability." After Abstract replies to him, the police officer sneers, "You're the one that got all of this to happen?  You and that beat up hooptie? Give me a break...Why don't you wiggle around and see if you can fit a couple people in here, huh?"
After he walks away, Autumn fumes, "Wow, they're awfully rude around here aren't they?"
A middle-aged woman and two small children come to the side of the car. "Do you have room for passengers?"

Greatness walks back into the Pet Food aisle and begins rifling around in the supplies of the militia painfully expiring. The man says something unintelligible under his ragged breathing and shakes his arms in an attempt to do something, but is to weak to stop Greatness or ask for help. (+Portable Radio, AR15 Assault Rifle) Relieving the dying man of his most valuable possessions, Greatness goes back to the front of the store and alerts his teammates. "Halt. If someone saw the flash of the arms, or heard the crack of ammunition flying through the air, we may have company. And in any case, things will get interesting." He slides up a wall until he reaches one of the large glass windows, peeking out into the street and trying to do as little as possible to expose himself to anyone that may be out there. (Perception:8 ) Greatness spots a nondescript vehicle with multiple riders heading towards the direction of the grocery, in less than a minute they would pass by the entrance.

Hawk digs into some more vegetables to cure his various status ailments, returning his body to 100% function. He then refills the two bags with enough vegetables from the Produce section to keep him going for a while. Running into a grocery of all places was good fortune for him. He then attempts to fix Ukrainian's arm, but due to the severity of her injury, he decides that trying to fix it now would most likely injure her further. Even rudimentary or improvised medical supplies would help him greatly in this endeavor.

"Yes, you're probably right. Well, let's move out." Person drives the Spudmobile in the direction of the fired shots and continues down the street, the various shops and facilities on what was once a fairly business downtown avenue now deserted, giving the place an eerie feeling. (Perception: 4) Both Person and his companion peer through the windows of the various stores but fail to spot any other people.

Execute sends a small battalion of soldiers to the captured ship to loot it for any precious cargo. The reports come back highly positive; because the ship was captured and there was little fighting on board, most of the stuff on the ship is still salvageable and fine to use. The food, ale, weapons, equipment and luxury items are all still intact.
Execute then finds the Conquistador prisoners and gives them an ultimatum: either be executed or brave a new world where they may have a shot at attaining freedom. Jubilant that they won't be scalped or burned alive like their fellow Spainiards, all twelve of them readily accept. They are led, at spear-and-bow point, to the portal that Execute had originally traversed to get to the Aztec world. When they enter the Mansion, all twelve of them stop, and so do all of the Aztec warriors accompany them. The 16th century peoples are in awe of every element of the mansion, both parties stare at the painting of the Aztec-Spanish War, realizing that they have been portrayed. Yuri keeps balance, "We must continue, these things will be explained in due time!" He gives Execute a subtle look that no one else would understand, but Execute translates his facial language as, 'We're going to have to explain to the Aztecs what they're doing in a early 20th century mansion, in addition to them seeing a portal that leads back to our modern world'.
Everyone stands before the swirling purple portal, which leads right to where Execute and Yuri originated from, the image of Denmark glowing before them. Execute gives the Conquistadors one final speech, "Good luck; while you may think of the Aztecs as barbarians, the men and women you encounter beyond the portal are one hundred times more vicious and powerful, equipped with technology and arcane abilities you could not even imagine. It is a world where there are great metal boats travelling the skies, guns can shoot one hundred bullets without reloading, and a person in France can talk to a person in England without leaving their home." About half of the Conquistadors look like they regret their decision, but it's much too late for that though. As the spears prod at their backsides, the dozen of them step through. The outcome are twelve very confused Spainiards standing in a lot where the Art Shop once was, trying to get their bearings together.
After this is complete, Execute and Yuri lead the Aztecs back to the homeworld; despite being skilled and fearless warriors, all of the group appears shaken by what they have seen, their response ranging anywhere from total silence to having an existential emotional breakdown. Once again, Execute attempts to distribute Muskets and Metal Armor looted from the Spanish Warship to his army, but they still prefer to keep their more familiar weaponry and equipment. They do however express interest in cannons, and wish to harness the power of the exotic weapons that can destroy an entire building in one shot.
Execute then sends regiments of his army to the tribes surrounding the Aztec Empire to tell them of the coming of Amihiyotzinuatmotlapal:
(6) The Texcocans of the North do believe that a great spirit has indeed visited the Aztec, however, they tell them that they have a great spirit of their own. When Execute hears of this, he visits the Texcocans who's Emperor is impressed with his ability of flight and leadership abilities. He then introduces Ihiyo-Contlati, a self proclaimed spirit who is able to breathe fire, and performs an impressive display of it. Everyone is impressed, even Execute's Aztec entourage, and he leaves feeling a little jealous of a guy with a slightly cooler power.
(8 ) One the other hands, The Tacubans have no such great spirit and are excited to hear of their neighbors acquiring one. They plan to send the King some of his advisers to Tenochtitlan to meet Amihiyotzinuatmotlapal. 
(6-2[Hostile Rivals]) The Artawa have been rivals of the Aztecs for centuries, a time that has seen several wars between the two tribes. The Artawa have even allied themselves with the Spanish in order to fight the Aztecs. When they are told of a great spirit who can fly, they balk at the Aztecs and say that should the great spirit come to them himself, they will shoot him with a hundred arrows before he can land. The Aztecs are able to leave with a cold reception, but fortunately no fighting occurred and they were able to relay the Artawa's threat to Execute before he made his journey.

Ukrainian loots Nunzillor of her devices, (+Katana, Portable Radio, Skiing Mask) before leaning on a wall and groaning in a mix of fatigue and sleepiness. "I think we need to get out of the town to Green Bay and get some rest." It is true that since she had arrived, the store owner had not a single second of rest.

The second and final evacuation of Denmark civilians has begun.

New Quest: Conquistador Catastrophe
A dozen New World Conquistadors have found themselves in an even Newer World. Even if their technology is old-school, their cohesion and fighting ability is not. Can any of our Wiki-Warriors take them down?

Conditions:
*Kill the Conquistadors before they get out of Denmark! If left totally unimpeded, they could exit the town's borders in 3-4 turns. If a single Conquistador escapes, the Quest immediately ends with no winner.
*The winner of this Quest is the player with the most Conquistador Points after they have all been killed; One Conquistador = One Conquistador Point. Converting a Conquistador to your side counts as a "Kill". In the case of a tie, whoever gets the final kill is considered the winner.

Target:
Conquistadors Squad
Attributes: +1 Muskets, +1 Shortswords
Equipment: Muskets, Spanish Shortswords, Metal Armor

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ukrainian Ranger (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: High tyrol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Salsacookies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)

You know, that seems so obvious in retrospect. I'll get on that as soon as possible.

Edit: Here we go.

Spoiler: AAR (click to show/hide)

Is that better?

(Also, Twinwolf hasn't posted here in quite a while. I'd poke them by pm if you haven't already TCM. I'd do it myself, but that seems presumptuous.)
This is top quality. I will PM Twinwolf.

(I, uh, don't mean to be rude or anything, but it's been two days. If you want some help, Salsacookies, High Tyrol and Twinwolf are the only ones who haven't updated. I'm okay with people taking their time, really I am, but there's been no activity for two days. I'm just saying. I really will be patient, it's just, when something doesn't update for a while, I get really antsy and keep going back to check and see if something's happened of not.)
I get it, the first day I could've put a turn up only 6 out of 10 people had posted, so I wanted to give everyone some more time to post. Yesterday was just hectic. Sorry for the wait. Also, no turn on Friday or Saturday, and about 50% chance of a turn on Sunday. Making sure to tell everyone in advance this time before my turns are delayed.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 09:45:37 am by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: March 02, 2016, 08:58:26 pm »

((No need, I'm here, I just have no idea what to do. Not sure how to actually play a Nazi, for one.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: March 02, 2016, 09:03:17 pm »

Yeah it looks like there's enough room so hop in.
Invite said mother and her children in begin driving to greenbay/wherever refugees are being sent.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: March 02, 2016, 09:10:22 pm »

((No need, I'm here, I just have no idea what to do. Not sure how to actually play a Nazi, for one.))

Well, it's general Fascism and not specifically Nazism, so feel free to make it whatever kind of Fascism you want. But a spin on things and lead a Fascist Movement where gay people have more rights than straight people, or something like that. :P Since it's become less important, if you want, I can change +2 Fascist Nationalism to +2 Nationalist Leadership which is a bit more flexible and you can play your character however you want.
You're not that tough compared to people like Execute or Ukrainian or Greatness, sure, but compare yourself to Salsacookies and Abstract; they started with improvised weapons (Salsa had to loot the Grenade Launcher) and some close quarters combat. Elephant is skilled with a musket that he has to reload after every shot. You, on the other hand, can breathe fire, eat a chocolate bar to cause a thunder storm, and have a big-ass cannon that you could use if you could round up at least half a dozen people. The possibilities are endless.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 09:18:31 pm by TCM »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: March 02, 2016, 09:13:47 pm »

((I HAVE A GRENADE LAUNCHER!!???))

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: March 02, 2016, 09:18:04 pm »

(You don't necessarily have to play as a Nazi. You could for example just be someone who found themselves interested in the period. Or just ignore those skills. Also what TCM said. Anyway, last I checked you were still in the store with that guy, stealing a lighter, so feel free to go from there. He hasn't noticed you, so you can probably take your leave.)

"Looking back, it probably wasn't the best idea to jump into an unknown situation like this. We're sitting ducks out here. I'll get us somewhere safer, but keep a lookout."

Drive on to one of the larger nearby roads, so that I have room to look around. If I encounter any of the conquistadors, shoot them.

(Also Salsacookies has the grenade launcher, must have been a mistake.)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: March 02, 2016, 09:23:41 pm »

((I HAVE A GRENADE LAUNCHER!!???))

Nah, I meant Salsa. My bad.

When there's 10 Players constantly being shifted back and forth, I confuse names sometimes which y'all easily point out. :P

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: March 02, 2016, 09:30:53 pm »

((Okay...well I don't need it because of my master plan
Step 1 evacuate citizens of denmark
Step 2 marry autumn
Step 3 get a job
Step 4 work in that Job for years
Step 5 have children
Step 6 be old and happy
Step 7 it's a suprise))

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: March 02, 2016, 10:33:50 pm »

(That makes sense TCM. Having ran two games on the forums for BYOND, I understand not just waiting, but hectic days where checking in on the game may not be possible at the time. In fact, those two ended because interest died down, though that was due to BYOND forums not being a good place, for...I'm rambling, ONTO THE POST.)

"Makes sense, I'll follow your lead." "Ikou!" Translation: "Let's go!"

I peer out of the shop cautiously, making sure to try to find a car or something for us to leave in. If I find one, I want to automatically point it out, and then sneak towards it.

EDIT: Changed my action slightly because I didn't quite like it.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 10:42:28 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: March 02, 2016, 11:09:52 pm »

Flee. Warn police about potentially angry time travellers, if I think they'll believe me.

Attempt to incorporate the sound of musketfire into my latest song. It's almost original!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 12:03:55 am by Elephant Parade »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: March 02, 2016, 11:18:01 pm »

Flee. Warn police about potentially angry time travellers, if I think they'll believe me.

Hint: They probably won't.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: March 03, 2016, 12:03:17 am »

Hint: They probably won't.
I thought that they might, what with all the angry anachronisms already wreaking havoc, but oh well!
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 97