Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 150249 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 34 - Conquistador by the Dozen
« Reply #750 on: March 03, 2016, 12:27:44 am »

Hrmm, was there ever a time in Aztec history where murdering another in a ritual sacrifice was thought to give you their powers?
Well, whatever the response, let's take a closer look at this other spirit, greet him personally and speak to him about his history.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 03, 2016, 12:46:24 am »

(GM, you forgot to update my assets)

Take a short rest and dream about converting J.C. Penny Store network into martial arts gear selling empire
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 03, 2016, 12:54:03 am »

Flee. Warn police about potentially angry time travellers, if I think they'll believe me.

Hint: They probably won't.
I thought that they might, what with all the angry anachronisms already wreaking havoc, but oh well!

You have to factor in that they're douchebags.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 03, 2016, 08:02:41 am »

((No need, I'm here, I just have no idea what to do. Not sure how to actually play a Nazi, for one.))

Well, it's general Fascism and not specifically Nazism, so feel free to make it whatever kind of Fascism you want. But a spin on things and lead a Fascist Movement where gay people have more rights than straight people, or something like that. :P Since it's become less important, if you want, I can change +2 Fascist Nationalism to +2 Nationalist Leadership which is a bit more flexible and you can play your character however you want.
You're not that tough compared to people like Execute or Ukrainian or Greatness, sure, but compare yourself to Salsacookies and Abstract; they started with improvised weapons (Salsa had to loot the Grenade Launcher) and some close quarters combat. Elephant is skilled with a musket that he has to reload after every shot. You, on the other hand, can breathe fire, eat a chocolate bar to cause a thunder storm, and have a big-ass cannon that you could use if you could round up at least half a dozen people. The possibilities are endless.

((Yeah, I like that change. I'll post an action later, I'm going to have to go in a couple minutes.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 03, 2016, 08:19:31 am »

(I enjoyed my time as the Black Marble Murderer. That thing was brutal!)

Well, time to start sticking some Conquistadors! Ride, my mechanical steed!
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 03, 2016, 11:15:34 am »

If I have some mags with me, reload my pistol. Throw away the Riot Gun and take one of the assault rifles Nunzillor's men had, along with their ammo.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 03, 2016, 03:19:22 pm »

Spoiler: AAR:Turn 34 (click to show/hide)
(Not as good as the last one, but them's the ropes sometimes. If everyone keeps moving forward, I'll probably have more material to make use of.)

Say TCM, is there anything wrong with standing actions? Like say, if someone misses a turn, they could have a default action, provided they aren't in combat of course. Probably won't hurt anything, as they'd only be used if you're going to update but can't wait for someone any longer.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 09:16:28 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 03, 2016, 07:51:00 pm »

Say TCM, is there anything wrong with standing actions? Like say, if someone misses a turn, they could have a default action, provided they aren't in combat of course. Probably won't hurt anything, as they'd only be used if you're going to update but can't wait for someone any longer.

What would you propose?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 03, 2016, 07:53:57 pm »

Twinwolf checks their watch. "Huh, didn't even notice the time. I have to go. Have a nice day."

Leave the store.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 03, 2016, 08:19:16 pm »

I don't actually have any default actions in mind for myself. I just thought the other players might be able to make use of it. I'm fairly sure I can keep up with the turns for the time being.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 35 - Hijacked Highway
« Reply #760 on: March 04, 2016, 01:26:58 am »

Round 35: Highjacked Highway
Weather Conditions: Snow (12.5 inches)
Time: Morning

After being notified of the new Quest, Salsacookies turns his Snowmobile around and takes off towards the downtown area where the Conquistadors have reached. (9) Salsacookies gets a few blocks into the city and slows the snowmobile down to a gentle creep as he peeks around a corner. He spots twelve confused Spanish explorers wandering around an abandoned lot. So far, they have not spotted him and he is in a prime position to make the first move, whatever that will be.

Elephant Parade decides that his song needs some sort of novel feature to make it stand out, something that will make it original and fresh while retaining qualities that will make it widely popular; as he finishes cleaning out the barrel of his Musket, innovation strikes. At various points in the song, he decides that musket fire should be used as a way to convey transitions between bridges and also as a way of letting people know that he's cool enough to have a Musket. (+Untitled Song with Musket Fire) With this new song, he'll need someplace to record and produce it, or at least perform it. Maybe he wants to try his hand in Green Bay up north, the largest metropolitan area. Or he could always travel to one of the small towns surrounding Denmark and start trying to build up local support.

Person somberly looks out into the distance as he realizes the gravity of their current situation, "Looking back, it probably wasn't the best idea to jump into an unknown situation like this. We're sitting ducks out here. I'll get us somewhere safer, but keep a lookout." The Buffalo Soldier continues to scan his surroundings, "True sir, but back in the trenches we were set in much worse circumstances. I'll be on my guard." The Spudmobile turns towards another road, but before it can do so, it passes by a lot holding a dozen Conquistadors. "They're here!" (Initiative: 1 vs. 2) Neither party was expecting to find opposition so soon, which leaves both the WWI Veterans and the Conquistadors fumbling with their guns, trying to get them loaded and aimed. A single Conquistador is able to get his Musket propped up, (3 vs. 8) and fires a single shot wide right of the mobile potato. (1+2 vs. 4) Dad takes two shots with his pistol and succeeds in putting two holes in the ground. (2 vs. 6) His companion fires his own two shots which do a similar amount of damage.

Hawk still has a few magazines left from looting the police officers before, so he uses one to refill his pistol. He takes one long look at his Riot Gun before throwing it on the ground and walking over to the militia corpse closest to the exit and pulls the AR15 off of it, along with all of the spare ammunition on his body. (+AR15 Assault Rifle)

"Yeah it looks like there's enough room so hop in." Abstract allows the mother and her two small children into the car, and they fit, although it is tight and Abstract is pushed up against the door as he drives off, following the convoy of other vehicles into Green Bay, focusing on driving and trying to zone out the noise and distractions provided by having young kids in the car.
Besides that, the driving is simple and even somewhat dull. That is, until there is a loud booming noise like thunder over the silence of the car ride and the police cruiser in front of Abstract suddenly spins out of control. (7+2) Abstract swerves around the cruiser as it goes barreling past him and collides with the truck behind them. "What the hell-!" Autumn explains before there is another sonic crack as the tire of a nearby police car explodes and goes careening off of the road. Abstract can quickly deduce that someone is shooting at the relief convoy.

Twinwolf and the gas station clerk stare each other for an uncomfortably long time before Twin looks down at his watch and pretends to care about what it says. "Huh, didn't even notice the time. I have to go. Have a nice day." He casually slips out the front as the clerk waves him off, unaware that Twinwolf had stolen from his establishment. (+Lighter) With something as small and trivial as a lighter, it was doubtful that the clerk would notice that he was short a single lighter for a long while, if he ever noticed at all. The snow crunches beneath Twin's feet and the sun has ascended in the sky; he must have been in that gas station a while. Off in the distance, he can hear the sound of a mass of automobiles to the West while too the East he can hear what must be either firecrackers or gunshots.

Ukrainian Rangers slumps against the wall and lowers her head, having a short dream about J.C. Penny's having a new section that sells Kung-Fu Equipment, allowing you to buy shorts and nun-chucks in one convenient location. Her nap is interrupted by the roar of nearby gunfire.

When the vehicle with the people on it passes, Greatness looks for some sort of ride that his team could use to escape. (5) There are a lot of cars and trucks on the road, but they are all too badly broken to be of any use to him and his group. Then he hears gunfire from down the road, the same direction in which that strange vehicle had gone before; although it was gunfire, none of it sounded automatic, it was semi-automatic at best, no modern assault rifles or anything.

Execute returns to the Texcocans to have a meeting with the self-proclaimed spirit of Ihiyo-Contlati. They meet at a gilded palace built specifically for Ihiyo at his own request. While an attachment of guards comes with him, Execute orders that they stay outside the palace so that he may have a private meeting with Ihiyo. The two spirits meet in the great dining hall where Execute is presented with an abundance of food and ale. Asking for his history, Ihiyo recalls how he was a mere mortal until he was one day visited by a Fire God who dwelled deep within a volcano, that blessed him with the powers of Fire Breath. The Fire God claimed Ihiyo to be the only mortal capable of ascending to the status of a spirit as Ihiyo had proven himself in battle, slaying or capturing at least one hundred adversaries in his lifetime, an unmatched feat. Ihiyo appears to be very proud and sure of his own achievements, while anything Execute tells him is met with indifference.

The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016. (6 vs. 8) Half of the dozen stay to fight, firing off their muskets at Person and failing to hit. (4+2 vs. 10) Person, ducking under musketballs, fails to hit any of the Old World invaders. (3 vs. 3) The Buffalo Soldier shoots and strikes one of the Conquistadors in the head, however, the angle was just right, causing the bullet to bounce off harmlessly. (5) The other half of the group begins to run down the road, screaming for their lives. Greatness and Salsa would see half-a-dozen men fleeing down the street like school children that had just spotted a scary insect.

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ukrainian Ranger (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: High tyrol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Salsacookies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 04, 2016, 01:32:58 am »

Immediately assess the situation what is attacking exactly,what could have possibly done that much damage,how much danger Also if necessary do whatever it takes to keep everyone in the car safe.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 04, 2016, 01:36:47 am »

Complain about the lack of rest and move to the sound of gunfire to kill those bastards who interrupted such a nice dream

(BTW, can I use the Katana one handed without penalties?)
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 04, 2016, 01:47:19 am »

Walk back into the store and fill UR and Hawk in on the situation, with the best look on my face, saying this: "I just saw, like, 6 Spanish Conquistadors run down the street scared out of their wits...UR, you wanna go after 'em? I'll follow you." After saying that, I follow UR to the Conquistadors while trying to use the radio to contact the Denmark Resistance.

EDIT:Changed my dialogue and my action to fit UR's...assuming that's allowed, anyway.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 02:13:58 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 04, 2016, 02:09:11 am »

"Focus fire on my target! Keep firing, but make 'em count! Don't give 'em a chance to reload!"

Use the last few shots in my pistol against the closest conquistador, and keep circling the outskirts of the battle. Take any chance to reload I can find.

OOC: Well, that escalated quickly. If only I could think of a way to apply either of those two tactics bonuses here. I rather doubt my ability to build an effective trench in a reasonable amount of time with two men.

I probably should have asked this before, but how feasible would it be to hit enemies with my sword whilst driving the spudmobile, or at least while aboard it. I don't find either very likely, but the latter might be nice if I have to have my soldier take the wheel. Also, I'm totally sigging this:

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 97