Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 150252 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 35 - Hijacked Highway
« Reply #765 on: March 04, 2016, 02:22:35 am »

Inhoipzo... Execute nods, seemingly rapt by the other spirit's retelling of his history, and when he finishes, starts to speak.
"Oh, are you a fighter, then? I must say, I have quite a possibility for you, there lies a land, found through a magic portal, containing artefacts of immense power, those false spirits that came here who wielded weapons that could level buildings in seconds meerly had but a taste of the strength I assure you, if we went there together with our combined forces we would be able to crush that land and tacke their power for ourselves." He pauses then, finger to his chin in thought, before returning his gaze to the other spirit, "Or yourself, to be perfectly honest, I have no want of them, I just want to see the banner I stand behind to conquer.
I must ask, however, what were you doing so close to a volcano?"
It takes an actor to know an actor, roll for figuring out if he's lying about that whole spirit thing and a roll for trying to get him interested in invading where I want him to.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 04, 2016, 11:18:36 am »

park my car in airport parking lot then take off head for conquistadors to kill them with planes guns

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 04, 2016, 11:39:09 am »

I probably should have asked this before, but how feasible would it be to hit enemies with my sword whilst driving the spudmobile, or at least while aboard it. I don't find either very likely, but the latter might be nice if I have to have my soldier take the wheel.

Compared to a lot of the other antics in this game, jousting with the Spudmobile is completely practical and counts as a normal roll if you have your companion drive it.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 04, 2016, 12:09:05 pm »

Follow after UR, shoot the conquistadors with my AR.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 04, 2016, 12:40:38 pm »

Complain about the lack of rest and move to the sound of gunfire to kill those bastards who interrupted such a nice dream

(BTW, can I use the Katana one handed without penalties?)

Normally yes, but I'll give you some wiggle room sine you are a trained martial artist so that cancels out the penalties. Just remember it is quite difficult to wield the Katana with one hand and it can easily be knocked out of your grasp.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 04, 2016, 06:49:35 pm »

Can I get wait listed?
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 04, 2016, 10:48:54 pm »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 36 - Conquistador Calamity
« Reply #772 on: March 07, 2016, 12:49:38 pm »

Round 36: Conquistador Calamity
Weather Conditions: Snow (12.5 inches)
Time: Morning

High Tyrol parks her car in the parking lot of the airport and then detaches her biplane from her ground vehicle. She steps into her plane and takes off, steadily gaining in altitude in the direction of Denmark...

Hawk and Ukrainian Ranger make their way out from the eventful grocery store and walk the street until they find the source of the gunfire. While the Conquistadors are focused on trying to shoot at the two men riding around on what appears to be a gigantic potato, Hawk turns the corner and opens fire with his newly acquired AR15. (6 vs. 3) A quick burst-shot into the dozen soldiers hits one in the back, piercing right through his armor; he convulses and drops his weapons before falling to the ground, still alive however.

"Focus fire on my target! Keep firing, but make 'em count! Don't give 'em a chance to reload!" Person gives orders to the Buffalo Soldier as he pilots the mobile potato, making wide circular turns around the Conquistadors, effectively strafing them as bullets fly all around them. One of the Conquistadors manages to predict the movement of the potato and runs at a perpendicular angle to intercept and strike at its riders from the side with his blade. (10+2 vs. 1) Person reacts reflexively, almost in a trance-like state, as he pulls his pistol on the Conquistador without even looking in his direction, keeping his eyes ahead on the path of his vehicle. Person pulls the trigger and a single bullet enters the Conquistador's nose and exits out of his skull, ricochets off the back of his helmet and embeds itself in a different portion of his head. His body flops to the ground and two of his comrades adjacent to him freeze in place, making it effortless on Person's part to shoot them both in the neck with his remaining bullets, felling them instantly before making an equally smooth one-handed reload. [+3 Conquistador Points] The Buffalo Soldier, witnessing all of this, almost forgets to shoot with his rifle. [9 vs. 6] The WWI infantryman fires into the lower torso of a fleeing Conquistador who clutches his stomach and falls to the ground, bleeding out rapidly.

A few minutes earlier, Greatness had filled Hawk and Ukrainian in on the situation outside: "I just saw, like, 6 Spanish Conquistadors run down the street scared out of their wits...UR, you wanna go after 'em? I'll follow you." He now found himself behind a building while his two team members ran into battle. It's not that he wasn't in the mood for fighting, rather, he was using his newly acquired radio advice to get in contact with the same forces that had ambushed them earlier. Trying all of the available frequencies, Greatness receives no response, meaning that the Resistance must have abandoned their radios or completely fallen apart...until he gets a loud human response, "Assault Team! This is Sniper Team, we've engaged the enemy at the highway! The revolution is still alive!" The militia's yells are somewhat dampened by the sounds of gunshots.

Abstract reacts quickly, scanning his surroundings and trying to figure out just what's going on. [9] He doesn't see anything until he catches the glimmer of something in the hills next to the highway, the glimmer of a rifle! [7+2] Abstract drives around the ensuing chaos as cars are taken down around him, police officers leaving their vehicles to return fire and then being subsequently struck down. A splatter of blood hits the side of the car and elicits screams from all of his passengers. Abstract drives until the shooting is just a distant noise behind him and the lights of Green Bay are in the distance. The children are crying. The mother is sobbing. Autumn is silent but looks incredibly distressed.

At the meeting with Ihiyo-Conlati, Execute leans forward and makes something of an offer: "Oh, are you a fighter, then? I must say, I have quite a possibility for you, there lies a land, found through a magic portal, containing artefacts of immense power, those false spirits that came here who wielded weapons that could level buildings in seconds meerly had but a taste of the strength I assure you, if we went there together with our combined forces we would be able to crush that land and take their power for ourselves." He pauses then, finger to his chin in thought, before returning his gaze to the other spirit, "Or yourself, to be perfectly honest, I have no want of them, I just want to see the banner I stand behind to conquer.
I must ask, however, what were you doing so close to a volcano?"
Ihiyo laughs with either dismissal or nervousness (perhaps both?) when Execute speaks of this other world. "What need would I have of such a bizarre land? I have everything I need here: glory, wealth, women. I have no wish to waste my time with such absurdity."
In response to Execute's inquiry, "What was I doing next to a volcano? I was searching for obsidian of the highest quality obviously, to take back to the capital to be forged into a mighty sword for me. I had to leap over streams of boiling lava and avoid giant flaming rocks, but I easily got what I had come there for."
(Acting: 10+2) Ihiyo spontaneously decides to impress Execute with his ability to breathe fire and performs his unique technique of placing his open hand up to his lips and breathing fire through the hole. Execute begins putting two and two together; whenever Ihiyo breathed fire, it was always after consuming alcohol, a highly flammable substance. And upon closer inspection, in his right palm, wasn't that a match?

Ukrainian, groggy from her lack of sleep, takes out his frustration on the Conquistadors. She watches as Hawk shoots one down with his AR15, and makes him her first target. (2 vs. 9-2) U.R. dashes forward and jumps at the wounded soldier who reacts by flipping onto his back and pointing the tip of his sword right at Ukrainian directly above him. (6 vs. 8) Ukrainian changes her direction at the last second and falls to the side of the soldier to avoid being skewered, missing her opportunity to attack.

The Conquistadors continue to fire upon Person and his companion. (7 vs. 10) Fortunately, the potato is much too mobile for the slow-firing weaponry that the Spanish are equipped with. (3 vs. 5+1) Person fires at one of them and manages to knock a feather out of his helmet.
One of the Conquistadors, rather than fire at Person, turns his attention to Hawk. (2 vs. 8) He fires his Musket off and hits a car quite a far distance away from the politician. (5 vs. 7) Hawk responds with a single shot, a miss as well but much too close for the Conquistador's comfort.
The wounded Conquistador next to Ukrainian jabs his blade at her. (10 vs. 4) Ukrainian reacts too slowly and is punished by having his shortsword stab into her side, jamming through her liver and several arteries. He pulls it out and leaves her with a gaping bloody wound, her clothing turning bright crimson.
About four able-bodied Conquistadors are running now, hitting the road and making a beeline for the end boundaries of the city. Suddenly, a biplane appears! (5 vs. 5) High tyrol fires into the street, bullets further destroying the surrounding wreckage, but failing to hit any of the Conquistadors, who try to run even faster now.

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ukrainian Ranger (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: High tyrol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Salsacookies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 12:51:30 pm by TCM »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 07, 2016, 12:58:09 pm »

Abstract breathes deeply gripping the steering wheel.
T-That....was....unpleasant.
try to calm everyone down and keep driving to greenbay also try to calm my rapidly beating heart as well.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 07, 2016, 01:46:33 pm »

Drive my snowmobile at full speed, and drive by grenade all the conquistadors
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 07, 2016, 01:50:33 pm »

(Oh, looks like my luck ran away...)

Draw the katana and enter pain induced !!fury!!, giving katana strikes and kicks left and right starting from the wounded conquistador and moving to Person and his sidekick or Salsacookies depending on who is closer
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 07, 2016, 02:28:38 pm »

Get to cover, keep firing upon the Spaniards.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 07, 2016, 02:53:47 pm »

Speaking English, I relay our location to the Snipers, before saying: "We're being attacked by Conquistadors, sooner rather than later, please!" Looking out from behind the building, I see UR's current state, and, switching to Japanese, say: "Nē! Dajji kore!"
Translation: "Hey! Dodge this!" To finish off, I then fire my AR-15 at the Conquistador attacking UR.

EDIT: If I can have it so my action changes then if UR kills the Conquistador attacking them, then I would like to change it to firing on Person.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 07, 2016, 10:20:15 pm »

(Geez, rolling a 12 against 1 sure is effective. It even let me reload? RNG liked me today. And execute too I suppose.)

(On an unrelated note, I decided to read through the posts of the first game in this thread just for fun's sake. There was apparently a mention of all warriors getting a universal translator chip in their brain or something in the next game because of reasons. Is that still the case? It hasn't really come up much, but hey. I guess it would have mattered more if we were in one of those 100 villager towns in Russia or something.)

"Nice shot. Onward! Keep them off our backs!"

Follow the fleeing conquistadors. Shoot anyone that gets close to the spud mobile, unless they promise cooperation or seem peaceful. Prioritize fellow warriors if they seem hostile, as they're probably the most dangerous.

Also I've decided to go back and label these now.

Spoiler: AAR:35-36 (click to show/hide)

(I feel rather silly putting an ongoing plot into this. But boy do I have a terrible ongoing plot for you all. And by terrible I mean it'll take like 1 or 2 parts and result in very little. Wee)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 09:47:15 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 07, 2016, 10:53:17 pm »

(On an unrelated note, I decided to read through the posts of the first game in this thread just for fun's sake. There was apparently a mention of all warriors getting a universal translator chip in their brain or something in the next game because of reasons. Is that still the case? It hasn't really come up much, but hey. I guess it would have mattered more if we were in one of those 100 villager towns in Russia or something.)

That's still Canon, which is why Execute was able to easily communicate both with Native Aztecs and Spanish Conquistadors.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 97