Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 152246 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 66 - Cambio De Escenario
« Reply #1320 on: August 10, 2016, 01:37:41 pm »

((Sorry for not posting, but what's going on with my character again?))

A lot has happened, but the gist of it is that at Execute's request, you and some Aztecs have been sent into a portal to retrieve more painting supplies. The world you've ended up in is one with long plains with high grass, where crates containing painting supplies sprout from the ground as if they were plants, in varying sizes from boxes that would fit in your palm to large crates that would take two men to carry. Before you is a field of such crates, and just beyond it a group of tribal-looking people is staring at you and your group. How you proceed with this is up to you.

EDIT: I'd like to update this later today, (the 12th) or possibly the next. Just a heads up for those who haven't posted.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 11:33:56 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: August 13, 2016, 02:16:18 am »

Grab a wounded person and bring them with me. Leave the hospital and search for water. Try to act like I know what I'm doing. If anyone questions me then recite war poetry.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: August 13, 2016, 10:05:02 am »

Wait for them to make the first move.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: August 13, 2016, 10:47:37 am »

"Hm, interesting. But presumably something that can't be explained more sufficiently than 'shenanigans'"

Continue to crouch sneakily until the carriage driver gets uncomfortable, then use my power from my kill to summon a pet lion. Then try to invent the racecar.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Cautiously Optomistic
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #1324 on: August 13, 2016, 10:21:35 pm »

Looking for top wikipedia wars players or lurkers with writing editing ability. More details soon posted "here". I need help!
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: August 15, 2016, 12:25:10 am »

I was delayed in my posting of the turn due to starting a new forum game, but so far I've managed to finish half of the next turn. Expect it tommorow.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 67 - The Town By the Sea
« Reply #1326 on: August 16, 2016, 12:26:59 am »

Round 67: The Town By the Sea
Weather Conditions: Sunny
Time: Early Afternoon

Wipeout looks at her surroundings to try and judge where she is. Well, she knows that's Beaver Island to her right, except it isn't Beaver Island upon closer inspection. Beaver Island was flat and moderately small, while this island is large and imposingly rocky. She can even spot some people walking on it, and Beaver didn't have a single soul when she last checked. She then glances to the right, expecting to see the Wisconsin shore-line, but instead she sees nothing but water and a few older ships in the distance, could she now be looking at the ocean? One of the ships she notices, a motorboat many times smaller than her own cargo ship, makes a turn and heads directly for her. As it pulls up to her port side, she notices that the men on board are all uniformed and wielding sub-machine guns, and there is a large machine gun in the center of the boat. One of these men yells in Spanish but with a heavy Italian accent, "This is a contested region and all commercial and personal ships are not allowed in these waters! What are you doing here and what is that strange flag?" He points to the Panamanian flag on the side of the Alba.

Hawk locates the stairs in the basement of the church and runs out onto the main level. She finds herself in a small but high-roofed building of worship, light shimmering through stained glass on the walls and a few people kneeling at pews while the marble, forever-tortured Christ groans in agony on a crucifix above the altar at the head of the church. Hawk runs out the front doors, and while a few heads turn to watch her, no one makes an effort to intervene. Outside, she sees a few parked cars and some tied horses while a cobblestone road leads down to a port city nearby, no sight of any Wiki-Warriors however.

NAV looks for an opportunity in this new chaotic hospital setting and spots an unattended soldier lying on a gurney. The soldier is bloodied but still breathing and barely conscious, and when NAV gets closer he sees the symbol of a bow and arrow atop a red and black flag embroinded on the soldier's shirt, a symbol shared by all of the other soldiers in the hospital. NAV takes control of the gurney and wheels it outside, trying to look as inconspicuous as possible. [Stealth: 9] NAV gets outside without anyone giving him a second glance. Looking for a body of water, he spots a nearby large beach, though it is somewhat densely populated by people. The soldier stirs a little, but appears unable to speak.

Hazard orders her loyal Caribbean soldier to stop the tank, and he gets the war machine grinding to a halt in the middle of the dirt road.
Greatness begins to have a breakdown as she attempts to take in what the sheepherder had told them, reverting to French to rant about the impossibility of the Soviet Union existing despite it having been dissolved over twenty years from the modern day. Sir Lorne, grips her shoulder, "M'lady, panic will resolve nothing! How about you listen to what this man has to say, shall we? Then you could translate his Spanish words for me." He motions for the herder to come forward, as he had stepped away when Greatness went into her French tirade.
The man hesistently moves up to them, "You must not be from here if you do not grasp the situation. Franco has declared the Republic to be an illegitimate government and has amassed an army to overthrow the government. The Communists and Fascists have been fighting for over a year, and now other countries are getting involved, sending soldiers and arms: Germany, Italy, Portugal, England, Ireland, Canada, the United States, Mexico, and the Soviet Union. It is fortunate that you came across me and not a Fascist soldier on patrol, or he would have raised an alarm. I do find it curious that neither of you know about the war, but have somehow managed to acquire a Soviet tank..." He gives Greatness and her Knight a suspicious glancing over.
The sheep baa~ continuously.

Meanwhile, in the Nuclear Silo World contained within the Spanish-American War World, Execute is having his own existential crisis. "Oh no, oh no, if it's gone, we're cut off, but that doesn't work, you can't just erase a portal so thoroughly with people from higher realities in there, and since we're still here..." Yuri attempts to comfort his master, who is encouraged to get back on track and he does so, by opening up the Devil Fruit World via portal and inviting Yuri and Shaman to enter in the Devil Fruit world if they are willing to risk the consequences, and includes Fallacy when she protests. The Shaman claims, "I would like to grow my powers and abilities naturally, and not consume some cursed fruit." Yuri, the least supernatural person in the group, agrees to go in, "If it allows me to serve and protect you better Execute, I shall do it." Fallacy accepts as well.
The two of them enter the portal and find themselves in the field where the strange fruit crops up all over the place. Yuri kneels down and picks up a long, grey fruit, and begins chomping down on it, before falling to his knees, "God, that tastes awful!" As he wipes bits of fruit away from his mouth, a metallic blade extends out of his forearm. "That's new." (+Ability: Body-Metal Manipulation)
Fallacy snatches up a pear-like fruit and eats it, then has convulsions. When she recovers, she can see a new path that leads to Yuri, one that had always existed but has become de-invisible to her. Yuri looks at her, "What are you staring at?" (+Ability: Genetic Tracking)
Back in the Nuclear Silo world, Execute pokes his head out of the portal to check if the American Warship has passed, and sure enough it has gone past their previous rendezvous site without expecting anything. He heads back to the abandoned silo and takes some of Fallacy's leftover painting supplies to draw some new police pistols. [Drawing: 1] After making an adequate painting of two police pistols, Execute opens up a small portal and reaches inside. As he pulls one of them out, he is surprised as a gloved hand grabs his forearm and squeezes it tightly. "LET GO OF THE GUN CIVVIE', YOU'RE BREAKING THE LAW!" A loud, masculine voice barks at him from within the portal.

Dolosus enters into this new world with a complaint, "Reality man, can't ever decide what it wants to be." Dolosus tries to figure out where he is located, but beyond 'some rural place', can't come up with an answer with this lack of information and context. He looks to one of the massive buildings in the nearby area and walks towards it, the dirt road turning paved once he passes a fence. In the field, he can see men and women alike hard at tilling and watering the Earth, as well as spreading seeds. As he approaches the grand manorial house, he is stopped by a massive wooden door. Additionally, he alerts three men who come out into the balcony overseeing the front of the grand home, dressed like farmers in work clothes and hats, and armed with rifles. One of them calls out to him in Spanish, "You don't look like a Fascist in those clothes! In fact, I've never seen a stranger looking fellow!" He and his friends chuckle. "Who are you, comrade?"

Twinwolf stays back with the Aztecs and lets the tribespeople make the first move. They approach slowly, low to the ground and holding their weapons. The Aztecs begin to raise their own arms, but Twin discourages them from taking hostilities. Once they are in speaking distance, one of the tribespeople calls to Twinwolf, "You seek to take our crops, do you not?" His accent is indeterminable in origin and sounds like nothing Twin had ever heard before. "So you may, as long one of your men can best one of our men in a contest, so goes tradition. If you lose, you must leave our lands at once."

Elephant Parade, in a haze of confusion, looks for Thousand Bones but sees no trace of the old man. He calls out and gets no response besides some curious stares from other people at the beach. Had Thousand Bones simply abandoned him here? Without Thousand Bones, he might as well try to get back to Denmark, except he doesn't see the portal, or any portal for that matter, nearby. As he looks around aimlessly, a beach-goer, specifically a well-built mustachioed man wearing a short, and I mean short pair of swimming trunts approaches him. "Good sir! You seem lost, may I assist you? Call me Senor Bajista." He offers Elephant a large, hairy hand.

Cinder rubs her non-existent beard, "Hm, interesting. But presumably something that can't be explained more sufficiently than 'shenanigans'." When she becomes aware of the carriage driver, Cinder continues to crouch and stares straight into his eyes like some sort of squatting Slav that is trying to devour your soul with his mind. The driver loses this battle of 'wits' quickly and begins to drive away, leaving Cinder victoriously squatting on the edge of the sidewalk like some sort of deranged woman. Speaking of being a deranged woman, Cinder utilizes her newfound powers, causing an adult male lion to run out of the bushes nearby. He treads up to her and nuzzles her gently, while the citizens in the area either flee or watch dumbfoundly. Once she gives Mr. Lion a good petting, it's off to inventing the race car! Walking down the street with her pet, Cinder nearly snaps her neck as she spots something that might just ruin her plan. Parked in an alleyway, she sees a sleek car with the number '49' printed on its side. Approaching it further, it is in fact a race car! An older model, but a race car nonetheless. Damnit, someone had foiled her plans by inventing it before her schedule!

Person reacts to his new situation, "What is this now? After all that work mapping the area, now we're somewhere else? Well, given the state that town was in, perhaps our Intel was wrong. This seems a better target, as we have come too far to go back unsuccessful.  Keep looking for warriors. We land the moment we find opposition." He flies the car around the countryside, looking for worthy foes while the peasants who spot him drop what they are doing to look up in awe, pointing at the car as if they had just found Atlantis. [Hunting: 10] The search leads to Person and his crew spotting Hawk exiting a church without the holy-woman being aware of their presence as the hide behind the church's bell tower. The plan for an ambush is set in motion as the Macedonian suggests, "You could pull up right next to her and I'll fire my pistol's entire clip at her. If that doesn't finish her off, we land and you attack her in tandem with the dog."

The Goodnight Sweet Prince Quest has been cancelled.

Central America/Age of Exploration - Aztecs.

Philippines/Spanish-American War - The Spanish and Americans are battling it out in a major colonial war taking place in the Philippine Islands.
   Painting Supply Box World - World where boxes of painting supplies grow like plants, inhabited by tribal people. Being explored by Twinwolf, Jaguar Soldiers and Aztec Civilian.
   Nuclear Silo World - World where all that has been found so far has been a forest and a large, abandoned nuclear silo. Being explored by Execute, 12 Jaguar Soldiers, 1 Aztec Civilian, Fallacy and a Shaman.
      Devil Fruit World - World filled with the mystical Devil Fruit.
      Police Gun World - A world filled with police and police guns, unintentionally created by Execute.

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: wipeout1024 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cinder (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: H4zardZ1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)

I retroactively decided to cancel the Quest and move Wipeout closer to where everyone else is. It came as the result of figuring that giving one player such a large advantage to a Quest as a result of something outside of any player's control was unfair. There will be a new Quest shortly.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 67 - The Town by The Sea
« Reply #1327 on: August 16, 2016, 12:41:41 am »

I tell Sir Lorne what happened and what the Farmer said, before turning to the Farmer, patience growing thin as I grab the back of his head to pull him close. I then say, "Sir, I am becoming quite short with you, so I will ask only a couple of questions, and if I don't like the answer, you won't like mine. First, what year is it, and where are we?"
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: August 16, 2016, 01:23:41 am »

"Yes, perhaps I am overthinking this. She seems relatively unarmed, though I could be wrong."

Attack as he suggests. If I have to get out of the car and join the attack, try to take the keys with me so she can't hijack my sweet ride.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: August 16, 2016, 04:18:54 am »

((...
I'm getting the feeling that this situation is starting to spiral out of my understanding again.))
Execute/Dumbo seemed rather put off by this man, he was already confused, tired, in pain, and very, very frustrated, and he had had just about enough, pulling himself up to his full height, he roars at the policeman "I AM NOT SOME CIVILIAN, SIR, I AM EXECUTE/DUMBO.EXE AND I AM ROYALTY, REMOVE YOUR HAND FROM MY PERSON OR I SHALL BE FORCED TO RESPOND."
Try to intimidate him into letting go, if that doesn't work, just let him take the gun, push the hand in, then close the portal to the world, actually, either way close the portal as soon as possible.
After that situation has been finished, glance outside the portal to see if the boat has passed, hopefully they haven't decided to investigate, question Yuri on the limits of his new ability, too.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: August 16, 2016, 06:41:16 am »

Attempt to explain myself, saying that I am lost. If they cannot understand me, use exaggerated hand gestures to get the point across.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: August 16, 2016, 08:37:03 am »

"NOOOOO!!! I can't think of any way to abuse my ability! And if I try to get another... I'll be rather dead..."

Fallacy is a tad bit irritated.

"If you're wondering... some sort of... path, to you."

Fallacy seems to calm, then does two things: looking around the area, and then making use of the folds in her judges' robes to gather up a few more Devil Fruits, before promptly taking them back to Execute.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: August 17, 2016, 02:18:13 pm »

I'd like to announce my officiazation and endorsement for Roseheart's Wiki Wars: The E-Book project. The end goal of the project is to produce an E-Book chronicling the events of the first game of Wiki-Wars that appeared in this thread in a fictionalized format. If you are interested, you can check it out here.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: August 17, 2016, 05:57:55 pm »

Continue looking for people to smite.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Cautiously Optomistic
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 7 - Baseball Jesus
« Reply #1334 on: August 18, 2016, 07:35:12 pm »

Hopefully my Internet connection will not falter any longer. In the meantime, Immaterial posed a question about Secret PM'd actions. While they aren't in the game at the moment, they are something that could be implemented. What do y'all think? If it seems like an interesting idea to enough people we could discuss working secret actions into the next game.

I'm curious, did this ever get implemented? Why or why not?
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 97