Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97]

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 150270 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown
« Reply #1440 on: October 31, 2016, 12:51:22 pm »

Fallacy mutters something: "I suppose it wouldn't be so easy, would it."

"Alright, I can do that. First of all... value is not a universal concept. It's possible for one culture to despise gold, and for another to treasure it. Thus, I need to know if you want me to pay in something you value, or in something I value."

Question asked.

"The value of your offer will determine the value of my work. This is acceptable reciprocity."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: October 31, 2016, 01:22:25 pm »

"Hrm..." Cinder looked at the location that the noise came from, not that she could really see anything with the buildings and the fact that the Earth is round. "Either some disturbance has taken place, or it seems that the other Wikipedia-warriors have arrived..." she murmured to herself. "You say that this town used to have plenty of industry? Perhaps it's time for it to shine again."

Begin the New Age of Industrialization, even though I have no idea what it'd do.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: October 31, 2016, 05:15:44 pm »

"Excuse me. I smell an opportunity."

Rags to riches montage time! Fully embrace this New Age of Industrialization, and do whatever possible to get ahead of the competition. Sell patents based on the Glock's internals, develop spark plugs based on my Taser, introduce the Oldsmobile Rocket V8 engine early, just go ham on the timeline. Constantly reinvest and buy up competitors, though, employees and income are more important than cash.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: October 31, 2016, 06:19:28 pm »

"Alright, I can do that. First of all... value is not a universal concept. It's possible for one culture to despise gold, and for another to treasure it. Thus, I need to know if you want me to pay in something you value, or in something I value."

Question asked.

"The value of your offer will determine the value of my work. This is acceptable reciprocity."
"That's not what I'm referring to. Suppose I offered you a ton of gold, but to me it was worthless. What I'm saying is that different people value things different amounts. So, do you want something I value or something you value?"
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: October 31, 2016, 08:06:58 pm »

"... Look, you either unfuck this or I'll get God to smite you after I die."

Pray to the RNG that this doc does his job properly this time.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: October 31, 2016, 11:03:29 pm »

Question asked.

"That's not what I'm referring to. Suppose I offered you a ton of gold, but to me it was worthless. What I'm saying is that different people value things different amounts. So, do you want something I value or something you value?"

Who knew that the patron being of a dimension based on the principals contractual law would be so hard to work with?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: November 01, 2016, 08:15:37 am »

"Hm."

"I hereby offer you: any physical thing you desire, provided:
1. I can paint it in a reasonable amount of time, i.e., [3 turns] or less.
2. Execute is willing to open the portal to said painting, allowing me to retrieve said thing.
3. I am physically capable of transporting said object.
4. Said object will not be immediately dangerous to me or anybody else who detects it in any way, nor will said danger make itself known within 10 years.
5. Taking the object will not expose me to such a danger as a result of another entity acting against its taking.
6. For any other reason, I may refuse to bring you the object. If this is the case, I will be obliged to fulfill this contract for a different physical item, still of your choice.

Are these terms acceptable?"
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: November 01, 2016, 09:53:24 am »

"Think about this dammit! This town is under fascist control, and if they hear gunfire every other fascist soldier around will come out and shoot us until we resemble swiss chese! I don't condone these mens' actions any more than you do, but we cannot risk getting involved! If you shoot these men I will have no  choice but to leave you behind"

Mount my horse. " Are you coming?"
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: November 15, 2016, 08:35:56 pm »

((Did the thread die? I think the thread died...))
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: November 15, 2016, 09:28:29 pm »

((Straight from the Los Cazadores Discord here. TCM hasn't been feeling up to roleplaying or GMing lately. Perhaps it's a burnout or a personal issue, he didn't say. I say we give him a little more patience and leeway.))
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: November 15, 2016, 10:09:13 pm »

((Ah. I didn't know aout that. Take all the time you need TCM, no pressure at all))
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97]