Other Projects > Other Games

BATTLETECH - X-COM meets ROBOTS! - Release day April 24 2018!

(1/192) > >>

Dohon:
If you happend to like MechCommander, are a fan of BattleTech / MechWarrior or turn-based strategy games in general or just love to smash / blow up stuff with huge stomping robots, then this might be something for you! Jordan Weisman (one of the creators of BattleTech) and his talented team at Harebrained Schemes have launched a Kickstarter campaign in order to create a new BattleTech turn-based strategy game. That's right folks, a new turn-based game made by the team responsible for the successful Shadowrun games. The Kickstarter campaign was a smashing success! Harebrained Schemes asked for 250.000 dollars, but the counter sounded off at 2.785.537 dollars!

Spoiler: Kickstarter Page and interesting links (click to show/hide)Link to the Kickstarter page
Kickstarter Campaign Video
Introductory Live Stream Part 01
Introductory Live Stream Part 02
Backer Reward Livestream 01
Backer Reward Livestream 02
Backer Reward Livestream 03 – The Drunk Stream
Backer Reward Livestream 04 – The Beard Stream
Early in-engine visual exploration
DropShip Argo Pre-visualization
Spoiler: Kickstarter Updates (click to show/hide)Kickstarter Update 01: Alpha Strike Succesful
Kickstarter Update 02: Operation Alpha Strike Mission Results - Decisive Victory!
Kickstarter Update 03: The Kickstarter Invasion Continues... Plus a Little #TBT!
Kickstarter Update 04: Another Funding Goal Hit! Two New Backer Mission Rewards Unlocked! Update About Add-Ons! And Some Stage 3: Expanded Mercenary Campaign Talk!
Kickstarter Update 05: Funding Goal Unlocked! A Reward Level Gets a New Option! Flight Jacket Update!
Kickstarter Update 06: Jordan's Next Weekly Bonus Mission!
Kickstarter Update 07: You Have Some Nice Stuff, A Peek Behind the Curtain at our Lead Engineer, and If It Ain’t Broke, You Didn’t Try Hard Enough
Kickstarter Update 08: New Digital Add-Ons, Jordan’s Next Bonus Backer Mission, and Another Peek Behind the Curtain
Kickstarter Update 09: AMA with Mike Starting NOW!
Kickstarter Update 10: Another Victory for the Global Battletech Community - Stage 3 Expanded Mercenary Campaign Unlocked!
Kickstarter Update 11: Bonus Backer Mission Goal Hit! Backer Mission Reward This Friday! And a Peek Behind the Curtain at Our Friend From Catalyst!
Kickstarter Update 12: Marauders and Warhammers and Reward Levels, OH MY!
Kickstarter Update 13: Customizable Home Base Unlocked! It Might Be Humble - But It's Home! And… Another Backer Mission Reward Unlocked!
Kickstarter Update 14: Alcohol-Fueled Live Stream Unlocked! And a Peek Behind the Curtain at The Sartorial Designer!
Kickstarter Update 15: Happy Halloween Week! Bonus Backer Missions Galore! And Prepare for the Final 48 Hours!
Kickstarter Update 16: Legendary ‘Mechs & MechWarriors Funded! Check Out This In-Engine Visual Exploration! And a Peek Behind the Curtain with Artist Maury Weiss
Kickstarter Update 17: New Add-Ons! A Timeline of the Inner Sphere! And Another Backer Mission Reward Unlocked!
Kickstarter Update 18: Our FINAL 48 HOURS UPDATE Featuring the LAST Bonus Backer Mission! Blood & Sand: The Arenas of Solaris VII! And… a Love Letter from Jordan!
Kickstarter Update 19: OBJECTIVE COMPLETE: Stage 4 - PVP Multiplayer Unlocked!
Kickstarter Update 20: Final Total $2,865,422! All Hail Our BATTLETECH Backers!
Kickstarter Update 21: The BATTLETECH BackerKit Invitations are on their way!
Kickstarter Update 22: An End-of-Year BATTLETECH Dev Update! (Plus a BackerKit Reminder!)
Kickstarter Update 23: BackerKit Lockdown and Delivery of Add-Ons!
Kickstarter Update 24: Quick & Hairy Announcement! 6 Beards Will Enter, Only 3 Beards Will Leave!
Kickstarter Update 25: Customizable DropShip Home Base Details!
Kickstarter Update 26: Prototyping Turn Order
Kickstarter Update 27: BATTLETECH Rewards Update
Kickstarter Update 28: Campaign Setting Details!
Kickstarter Update 29: BATTLETECH Heraldry Set and Jacket Update
Kickstarter Update 30 (BACKERS ONLY): A “Super-Pre-Alpha” First Look at BATTLETECH Combat - And It’s Playable at GenCon! Plus a New Late Backer Opportunity!
Kickstarter Update 31: Post-GenCon #SuperPreAlpha Demo Debrief!
Kickstarter Update 32: A Quick Dev Update and a Special Peek Behind the Curtain with Classic BattleTech Artist Duane Loose
Kickstarter Update 33: Introducing the Main Characters of our Mercenary Story + Merch, MechCon, & More...
Kickstarter Update 34: Can You Say Melee? How About Merch? Anyone Want a Production Update?
Kickstarter Update 35: Backer Beta Info! Novella #1 Delivered! Another Livestreamed Q&A! And More Merch!
Kickstarter Update 36: Backer Beta delayed.
Kickstarter Update 37: Fresh Screenshots & Novella #2 Delivered!
Spoiler: What is BattleTech? (click to show/hide)What is BattleTech?

There is no way whatsoever to condense BattleTech in a small paragraph, but I can provide links! Wikipedia will get you started while the official site of Catalyst Game Labs (the team currently in charge of the tabletop side of things) is another. They even made this handy BattleTech primer! MechCommander is the last BattleTech strategy game, so have a looksie too! And there is the MMO MechWarrior Online, where you can actually drive one of those huge 'Mechs yourself!
Spoiler: Can I contribute to the game? (click to show/hide)Can I contribute to the game?

The Kickstarter campaign is over, but they recently decided to allow limited pre-orders. From the Kickstarter page:

--- Quote ---Reinforcement Opportunity For Late Backers!
One of the most common questions we get (besides, “Which ‘Mechs will be in the game?”) is “Can I still back the project?” Up until today the answer has been, “No.”

Now that all the design, production, manufacturing, and shipping for physical rewards is behind us, we feel comfortable opening up a limited number of DIGITAL-ONLY Backer levels, so that folks who missed our Kickstarter can become Late Backers and reinforce the mission.

We’re still working hard on a license from Topps that would allow us to create new BT merch for everyone to enjoy. If that deal comes together we will let you know! For now, let your friends know that they can still get in on the action and support the project by choosing from one of the following Late Reinforcement Backer Levels:

RECRUIT REINFORCEMENT - $25 or more

* A DIGITAL copy of the BATTLETECH game for Windows, Mac, or Linux through your choice of Steam, GOG or Humble. (DRM-free versions available, too!).
* A GREAT HOUSE WALLPAPER PACK. Proudly proclaim your House allegiance on your PC, tablet, phone, and social media pages.
MECHJOCK REINFORCEMENT - $35 or more

All of the above, PLUS:

* A digital download of the BATTLETECH ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK.
* THE ART OF BATTLETECH in PDF format! See behind-the-scenes concept art and how we go from concept art to the final look and feel of the game.
MECHWARRIOR REINFORCEMENT - $50 or more

All of the above, PLUS:

* Access to the SKIRMISH and MULTIPLAYER GAME BETAs. Get in early to learn the ropes of ’Mech combat and help us make the game better.
* A BACKER-ONLY VARIANT of the Atlas Assault 'Mech with an exclusive model and paint job.
* A brand-new four part ORIGINAL FULL-LENGTH BATTLETECH E-NOVEL by legendary author Michael A. Stackpole.
--- End quote ---

I want to see more of the game!

Have a look below! Actual gamefootage is limited (and only viewable to backers). You can view some Dev Q&A livestreams. There is also the Death from Above videos, in which a group of 4 play a game of tabletop BattleTech.

Spoiler: General Links (click to show/hide)Harebrained Schemes Official Webpage
Wikipedia Article BattleTech
BattleTech Primer
Official Forums
Spoiler: Gameplay and Screenshots (click to show/hide)Super Pre-Alpha Gameplay Footage (Backers only!)
Spoiler: Developer Livestreams (click to show/hide)Developer Q&A 01 March
Developer Q&A 02 April
Developer Q&A 03 May
Developer Q&A 04 June
Developer Q&A 05 July
Developer Q&A 06 August
Developer Q&A 07 September
Developer Q&A 08 October
Developer Q&A 09 January
Developer Q&A 10 February
Developer Q&A 11 March
Developer Q&A 12 April
Developer Q&A 13 May

Spoiler: Death From Above (click to show/hide)What is Death from Above?
Link to the YouTube playlist

Majestic7:
If you need me, I'm here in the corner, furiously fapping and selling organs to get more money to pledge.

Sensei:
I think the funding goals are kind of wonky. I would think that the main draw of the game would be multiplayer, since that's how you normally played Battletech, right? As a wargame, between two competitors? I'm sure you could also have a campaign ala mechwarrior make a lot of sense, though I don't think the Battletech tabletop game was normally played in a DnD style compaign. Anyway, you would think that AI skirmishes would be the least important part of all that, compared to either multiplayer or a campaign.

Not that I'm really concerned, I bet it will reach 2.5 million. It sort of seems like that's what they need to really make the game, but it was set as a stretch goal rather than a real goal so they could still keep their 250,000 if that's all they got. Probably would end up releasing the other stuff as DLC.

Anyway, this is mostly rambling. I want this! Mektek has a confusing interface anyway.

Majestic7:
Battletech was a tabletop game, but there was a popular RPG spinoff Mechwarrior. The games could pretty much be combined, played those as a kid.

tryrar:
My only real experience with Battletech is Mechwarrior 4 and tooling around with Mechwarrior Online(which turned too much into a grindfest for me), but this sounds extremely awesome. WANT

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version