Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 64

Author Topic: BATTLETECH - X-COM meets ROBOTS! - Release day April 24 2018!  (Read 105533 times)

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BATTLETECH - X-COM meets ROBOTS! - Release day April 24 2018!
« Reply #480 on: April 23, 2018, 11:33:36 am »

You can now pre-load the game on Steam. I think that GoG will not allow you to pre-load.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 23, 2018, 12:00:32 pm »

Yup, pre-loading now! Man, can't wait for tomorrow.

By the way, if anyone is interested I noticed that BeagleRush has an advance copy or something and has been streaming it on Twitch this weekend. I'm avoiding spoilers so I haven't watched them, but figured I'd mention it in case someone else is interested in seeing the full game.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

em312s0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 23, 2018, 10:23:57 pm »

Is it April 24th midnight? early in the morning or noon? id like to know if Ill sleep today lol

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 23, 2018, 11:03:43 pm »

Depends on your time zone, of course. But a quick google tells me:

The official release time is Tue 24th, 9 AM PDT / 16:00 UTC / 1800 CEST.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

em312s0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 23, 2018, 11:54:44 pm »

Depends on your time zone, of course. But a quick google tells me:

The official release time is Tue 24th, 9 AM PDT / 16:00 UTC / 1800 CEST.

Thank you good sir. ill sleep it off then.

1 thing tho, ive been googling "battletech release time" "battle tech april 24th time" and all other combinations to find out for myself earlier to the point that i just got frustrated and turned to here. what were the keywords that you used?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 24, 2018, 12:01:52 am »

battletech unlock time.
Come play Mafia with us!

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 24, 2018, 05:48:51 am »

I will never pre-order a game with review embargo. I was between this game and Frostpunk, both release today. Frostpunk is having stellar reviews and was not available to pre-order.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 24, 2018, 06:44:03 am »

I will never pre-order a game with review embargo. I was between this game and Frostpunk, both release today. Frostpunk is having stellar reviews and was not available to pre-order.
There's been a number of Let's Plays on Youtube in the last few days, and those were enough to make me interested in getting this game.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 24, 2018, 08:20:27 am »

lol what. all games have review embargoes (even frostpunk). and battletech has been released in half a dozen progressive versions over the last couple years. you could have listened to any of the people on here talk about it, or even watched people play it on yt/twitch for the past few weeks.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 24, 2018, 08:40:40 am »

I'm pretty sure Frostpunk could be preordered

PD: I'm not very interested in FP myself because for what I saw of the company's previous games I think there is a high likelyhood I'd not like it. I'll wait for a dramatic sale, if at all
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 08:52:31 am by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 24, 2018, 09:06:11 am »

I kickstarted this, so that was going to be a gamble no matter what. I did get to play in the beta, though, so I already knew what to expect from the combat side before today. My hype has been real, but at least grounded in something solid.
Come play Mafia with us!

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 24, 2018, 09:12:27 am »

I'm pretty sure Frostpunk could be preordered

PD: I'm not very interested in FP myself because for what I saw of the company's previous games I think there is a high likelyhood I'd not like it. I'll wait for a dramatic sale, if at all

At least on my steam it couldn't.

Well, review embargo lifted, PC Gamer kinda liked it, RPS absolutely destroyed the game.

"X-COM meets Mechs" is totally my kind of game, though, so I will most likely buy it.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 09:16:26 am by thvaz »

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 24, 2018, 09:54:55 am »

RPS absolutely destroyed the game.

Eh, the review was negative, but it wasn't that bad. From the author: A potted summary of the piece would be “a good game laid low by profound presentation failings that I hope updates can resolve.” He seemed bored by the speed and UI of the game. Having played the beta, I disagree with him about the combat side at least, but I wouldn't say that it's too damning of a review.

Battletech is slow and this was definitely a game made for fans of the boardgame, so it's more a matter of taste.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 24, 2018, 09:56:55 am »

Beaglerush had a great time playing, and I had a good time watching it, so I don't quite see what the RPS reviewer was seeing.
...Though I'm also inclined to be optimistic because I already got the game for free, so it would be a shame to not try it. :P
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 24, 2018, 11:14:04 am »

Game appears to have unlocked.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 64