Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64]

Author Topic: BATTLETECH - X-COM meets ROBOTS! - Release day April 24 2018!  (Read 105461 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: BATTLETECH - X-COM meets ROBOTS! - Release day April 24 2018!
« Reply #945 on: September 12, 2020, 01:00:07 pm »

Switched to RT. A question:
I overheated a mech, and can't get its heat down. It was otherwise undamaged, so all the heatsinks should be operational (at least I hope so, since this mod doesn't appear to let you tooltip-inspect your own mech when you hover the pointer over its parts). The heat even keeps growing by +5 every turn (or +3 if I move, for some reason). It's not standing in a fire or anything. The only time the UI even shows a possibility of cooling is the turn after shutdown. But the only thing you can do then (right? there's no way to let it stay disabled for a turn?) is restart, which again makes the heat grow.

Am I missing something, or is it a bug? And if so, is it a commonly recurring one?

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: September 12, 2020, 01:19:28 pm »

I'm noticing this known issue on their discord:

-Mech that shutdown loose in-engine heatsinks and never regain them even after restart, awaiting fix

Otherwise... overheating in RT is much more risky, as they switched over to a more tabletop-like set of risks including damaging the cooling system or other internals, so might be something broke that way. Alternatively, what environment are you operating in? Moons or other low/no atmosphere locations can make cooling much more difficult.

All that said, could just be a bug - as mentioned, RT is currently deep in a pretty significant beta to the point that I've been holding off on another career run for several months now.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: September 12, 2020, 03:05:11 pm »

Ah, shit. Must be the bug then.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #948 on: September 18, 2020, 07:43:05 am »

I never finished the base game and don't want to play until I can restart and don't want to restart until I get the DLC and don't want to buy the DLC until it's on sale.  Alas.

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: September 18, 2020, 02:41:56 pm »

I never finished the base game and don't want to play until I can restart and don't want to restart until I get the DLC and don't want to buy the DLC until it's on sale.  Alas.

This is pretty much my entire model for consuming games.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: October 23, 2020, 01:20:03 pm »

Slight necro here to share the news that the latest version of Roguetech is now officially not-beta (i.e. hopefully stable and for public consumption).

Among other things, it now features playable tanks (along with the ability to have an extra dedicated tank lance), skill & background overhaul, overhauled shops, overhauled melee (melee got pretty overpowered in prior versions of Roguetech), etc. etc. Also says it has performance improvements, which the mod did desperately need.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: October 23, 2020, 01:55:59 pm »

How the hell did they manage to put tanks into this game?
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: October 23, 2020, 02:04:10 pm »

No idea, but I do know the modding community (not just Roguetech folks, I think?) have been working on it for quite a while. Looks like they didn't get in (or chose to not get in) modifying tanks, which probably helped.

(There have been efforts to bring in quad mechs and LAMs too, but if I recall those have been less successful.)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: October 23, 2020, 03:34:51 pm »

Huh. Neat. I'll have to give the new Roguetech a run at some point.

Thanks for the head's up!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: December 02, 2020, 06:04:57 pm »

Popping in randomly to complain. Finally got around to finishing the campaign on this sucker, took out the big boss by removing the legs on their mech. Not only did they suddenly undergo spontaneous plot death, but I didn't get a single piece of salvage from their SLDF-tier mech.

Weirdly less annoyed about the king crab parts than I am about the death. Don't add in a mechanic to take pilots alive and then fail to write something for if the pilot gets taken alive.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 06:07:42 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: December 02, 2020, 06:58:01 pm »

i really enjoyed the campaign story for the most part but yeah, some of the "uniques" not being obtainable sucks monkey nuts.

Roguetech looks fantastic but i wanted a vanilla+ game so i went with Battletech Extended 3025. all the vanilla feel, a few balance tweaks and its still fun but after im done with the campaign and a quickie career mode, ill probably upgrade to rogue.

Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: December 05, 2020, 04:51:51 pm »

Yah I took the cousin's mech via pilot kill way back near launch, and it actually gave me the mech.  Then the assholes patched the game and it reverted to a standard King Crab.  I cannot describe how pissed I still am over that.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64]