Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Clothes Stockpile (Torn)  (Read 1813 times)

Dzlan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Clothes Stockpile (Torn)
« on: September 30, 2015, 02:11:14 pm »

Yep, title pretty much says it.

A stockpile that takes all those x torn socks would make clothing soooo much easier to handle, honestly.

Right now it's hell, and we all have our own ways of handling them. I personally set up a garbage zone next to the trade caravan, and have to use stocks to dump every single x torn clothe at the start of each season, claim them and then trade them. It's easier to trade em because it's all the clothes 3 blocks from the caravan. But still, this means no barrels and still is an annoying way to sort them.

I think, something similar to the food storage where you press 'u' to enable/disable prepared meals.
This could enable/disable ruined clothing, of x quality or less.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clothes Stockpile (Torn)
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 05:07:23 pm »

I haven't tried it, but don't the stockpile quality settings help?
Or is a worn masterwork still a masterwork?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 09:19:55 pm »

Still a masterwork.

The solution I use is having one clothing stockpile that takes from workshops, and another for everything else (junk.)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Dzlan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 04:43:31 am »

Still a masterwork.

The solution I use is having one clothing stockpile that takes from workshops, and another for everything else (junk.)

That sounds really promising. My concern is, does this mean dwarves will actually pick up the clothes strewn around in bedrooms and place it into the general (junk) stockpile?

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 11:43:00 am »

IIRC this will be fixed in 41.x with a make paper from tattered cloth reaction. Probably.

Quote from: 04/28/2015 Toady One
Admittedly we spent a bit of time today just kinda staring at the Patreon page and being impressed with all of you, but there was also time for work! And buckets... and buckets in barrels. I guess I broke lye storage sometime back when I messed with the container jobs, since they place the lye bucket in the barrel instead of just the lye. That's fixed now. Tweaked paper slurries and paper pressing -- I tried to set up the materials for that so it understands they are made out of the same fiber materials used for plant-based clothing, using paste and pressed states. That should make the process of turning damaged clothing into paper easier for a later release.

That sounds really promising. My concern is, does this mean dwarves will actually pick up the clothes strewn around in bedrooms and place it into the general (junk) stockpile?
Nope. Those clothes are owned by your dwarves, not by the fortress, so they won't give them up. If you use dfhack you can confiscate the junk by issuing the command "cleanowned scattered x".
The trick is to link your unused clothes stockpile to your clothsmaker, and set it to accept only from links. That way you can create a secondary stockpile for all the junk elsewhere for trading/smashing/whatever.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 11:49:43 am by fricy »

Dzlan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 11:03:59 pm »

Okay, cheers.
Glad to hear there is future plans.
Still, this suggestion would be a nice for a future update I think. No reason it couldn't be implemented.

But thanks for the tips guys, I'll set that up right away.