Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 74

Author Topic: ITS RAINING SIDEWAYS! (2020 N. American Hurricane Thread)  (Read 94738 times)

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
Re: ITS RAINING SIDEWAYS! (2017 N. American Hurricane Thread)
« Reply #570 on: September 14, 2017, 10:09:05 pm »

Made it out the other side too. Relatively minor damage, with some water damage in the back room. Likely cause of a crack in the foundation, as I couldn't identify any other source. Basically the worse here was the torrents of rain, Mathew actually hit with harder winds here. Did lose power for roughly 15 hours, but cable/internet was down until an hour or so ago. Anyways all safe and sound here.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 15, 2017, 05:09:39 pm »

I had a big long post about it, but I suppose I can sum it up with 4 points.

Our neighborhood got lucky and never lost power during the storm.
Dumbass neighbor is on a ladder cutting broken branches out of a tree near the power lines.
We no longer have power.
and yes, dumbass neighbor is ok.

Remember to hire professionals folks.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 15, 2017, 05:24:24 pm »

Electrical workers gotta put food on the table too.  Glad no one was hurt at least.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 15, 2017, 06:02:43 pm »

In the west the earth tries to kill you.  In the east the wind tries to kill you.  All we need now is a lava stage
Fire and wind come from the sky, from the gods of the sky,.... but Crom is your god. Crom, he lives in the earth.

Once giants lived in the earth, Greiger, and in the darkness of chaos they fooled Crom, and they took from him the enigma of steel. Crom was angered, and the earth shook, and fire and wind struck down these giants, and threw their bodies into the waters. But in their rage, the gods forgot the secret of steel, and left it on the battlefield. We, who found it, are just men: not gods, not giants, just men. And the secret of steel has always carried with it a mystery. You must learn its riddle, Greiger, you must learn its discipline. For no one, no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts... This you can trust.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 16, 2017, 12:14:33 am »

No power still, agh. We had power for a bit and then poof, gone again.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 17, 2017, 06:25:20 pm »

Hurricane Triple Threat!
Does nature's fury know no bounds?!

Jose is currently expected to ruffle feathers along the east coast, but not cause any serious damage.
Maria is following a path similar to Irma...most projections have it sweeping through the islands and Cuba then turning north before reaching the mainland, but there are also a few projections that have it hitting Florida, Georgia, or the Carolina's with hurricane strength.
Lee is also headed along the general path of Irma. Most projections show it breaking up before it gets to land, but it's still too early to say for sure.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 17, 2017, 06:41:21 pm »

Not even a triple threat, Lee is expected to lose strength and dissolve over the next few days, Jose looks like it might swipe Cape Cod, but be no worse than a bad nor'easter, Maria is definetly following a rough path of Irma.

Though the models I've seen show Maria likely to hit the Carolinas, or could hit Florida, too early to say. Jose is supposed to make another loop off of New England, but no idea what it'll do from there.

edit: What's with the massive amount of whitespace on both sides of that? But anyway, Lee has already been downgraded to a tropical depression.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 18, 2017, 12:40:33 am »

Yeah, that's good, it's too much tropical depression going on anyway, what with the Caribbean being remodeled and people demanding money back on their cruises.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 18, 2017, 10:46:58 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What browser is that anyways? It kinda sorta looks almost like my experimentally tweaked vivaldi.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 18, 2017, 02:51:34 pm »

Oh, got your tab bar hidden, I got it smushed down into the address bar by editing the .css file I found but it doesn't want to respond as well as userChrome.css allows with firefox.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 18, 2017, 04:45:47 pm »

Ah, learned the lesson which various "browser screenshot" posters haven't, good on ya.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 18, 2017, 05:47:06 pm »

Maria has grown to cat4 now
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 18, 2017, 07:49:57 pm »

Maria has grown to cat4 now
Cat 5 actually. 160mph.

Went from tropical storm to Cat 5 in 27 hours, which may be a new meteorological record.

I'm beginning to wonder if this is going to another one of those years where we run out of letters before the season is over.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 18, 2017, 11:32:32 pm »

We have a ways to go for the alphabet. I recall that it was like in November or something when we had to resort to the Greek alphabet. *checks wiki*

edit: 2012 atlantic hurricane season came close to that point.

EDOOT: HA, it was the 2005 hurricane season. Edit3: Oh hey, we're using the same namelist as 2005.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 11:39:13 pm by smjjames »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 19, 2017, 12:23:03 am »

We have a ways to go for the alphabet. I recall that it was like in November or something when we had to resort to the Greek alphabet. *checks wiki*

edit: 2012 atlantic hurricane season came close to that point.

EDOOT: HA, it was the 2005 hurricane season. Edit3: Oh hey, we're using the same namelist as 2005.
Oh hahaha...that's not disturbing AT ALL. D:

And we're only a few named storms behind the pace for 2005 right now (J, L and M active whereas this time in 2005 it was O, P and R active).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 74