Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 74

Author Topic: ITS RAINING SIDEWAYS! (2020 N. American Hurricane Thread)  (Read 94727 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: ITS RAINING SIDEWAYS! (2018 N. American Hurricane Thread)
« Reply #990 on: September 04, 2019, 08:31:15 pm »

Not even physically possible in the first place given atmospheric circulation and it’d lose most of its rain by the time it got inland far enough.

I know its meterologically impossible for way too many reasons, but it'd be kinda funny either way.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: September 05, 2019, 07:53:41 am »

Not even physically possible in the first place given atmospheric circulation and it’d lose most of its rain by the time it got inland far enough.

I know its meterologically impossible for way too many reasons, but it'd be kinda funny either way.

Because Alabama isn't in South America? I assume Trump's just thinking about Alabama because his chimo friends have been on his mind since the Epstein thing.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: September 06, 2019, 02:42:56 pm »

Trump would claim credit for sure. His sharpie turned the hurricane.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: September 12, 2019, 10:29:05 pm »

Oh god, I just got a good look at the sharpie map. That really is the lowest effort you could put into that. It looks like he tried to gerrymander the weather.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: September 12, 2019, 11:48:55 pm »

Yeah, there are ways and overlays (which I found with barely any effort in the archive) that he could have used to make his case of 'Hey guys, THIS is what I was talking/thinking about when I mentioned Alabama.', but no, he decided he had to cheat.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: September 18, 2019, 09:42:38 am »

I'm not in the area of the hurricane, but the rain that got pushed here by the storm has lowered the temperature. It's only supposed to be 92 F/33 C instead of 102 F/39 C today, and the sun isn't constantly beating down. The humidity is worse, but it's usually bad enough that there's not much difference.

So if you have any extra hurricanes, send them here. This place is bad enough that hurricanes improve it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: October 18, 2019, 08:55:56 am »

Hurricane season isn't over just yet. There's a late season potential tropical cyclone (which could potentially turn into a hurricane, though it's not forecasted to) in the Gulf that's being watched.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/18/weather/tropical-cyclone-gulf-mexico-wxc/index.html

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at1.shtml?start#contents

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: October 18, 2019, 10:36:13 am »

Yeah, last I checked it's aimed basically right at where Michael hit, so... well, there's a lot of people hoping quite hard it stays a tropical storm, instead of deciding to become yet another overnight fuck-all-of-you event.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: July 30, 2020, 10:59:08 pm »

Tropical Storm Isaias is on course to impact Florida as a hurricane early Saturday morning, and make it's way up the east coast.

With Florida also currently leading the country in Covid problems, it's not a good time to be a Floridian.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: July 30, 2020, 11:08:19 pm »

Yeah, that... looks like landfall like right in the hardest hit (at least in terms of raw case numbers) areas of the state, plague wise.

Just. Please let it stay out of the fucking gulf. We're still picking up debris from michael over here :-\
Ask not!
Ask!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: July 31, 2020, 04:57:27 pm »

If it ends up bad, people are going to die from COVID because resources will be turned to disaster relief, not to mention hospitals losing power and whatnot during the storm.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: July 31, 2020, 06:06:37 pm »

At least 2 houses on my block in my neighborhood are going to throw hurricane parties, a number of businesses also plan to remain open through the storm as it's only a category 1.  No cerfew is planned to be put into place.

Apperantly at least one person on my mom's facebook claimed that "If they are lying to us about how dangerous covid is they are lying to us about how dangerous a hurricane is", and it apparently got a lot of agreement. These are people who saw the damage a NEAR MISS did last year, we didn't even get real cat 1 hurricane force winds last year because we were just far enough away from the center to only get strong tropical storm strength.  Places were trashed, how can people forget things that happened only 1 year ago?

EDIT: Daytona Beach, FL area by the way.  East coast, about halfway up the state.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 06:13:01 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: August 01, 2020, 12:41:40 am »

You have senior Republicans dying of Covid. I have the feeling they'll just discount that entirely unless Donny himself literally drops dead, and then they might take the virus seriously. So it's just anecdote based at this point, throw the stats out, if someone really famous dies then that's the proof it's dangerous.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: August 01, 2020, 12:43:17 am »

Yes, your average Republican politician is at least a 7 or 8 on the Boomer Scale, and as such believes they are immortal until proven otherwise.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: August 01, 2020, 12:44:45 am »

Wait, is that scale actually some people have made and reference?
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 74