Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 74

Author Topic: ITS RAINING SIDEWAYS! (2020 N. American Hurricane Thread)  (Read 93577 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: ITS RAINING SIDEWAYS! (2018 N. American Hurricane Thread)
« Reply #870 on: October 11, 2018, 02:00:06 pm »

It was steady here until the transformer blew about 1, ETA is 5pm but they've already warned they're overwhelmed. Friend in Hillsborough lost power about the same time, last time they were hit sooner and harder.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: October 12, 2018, 12:02:18 pm »

So the deathtoll is 13, but the worst areas haven't been looked into yet. 1.5 Million without power.

No word yet on The Prettiest Kyuuki. Five days until we put them on the missings persons list. How are our other local forumites?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: October 12, 2018, 01:26:04 pm »

Lot of flash flooding in VA, some areas are still without power. I don't think anyone here expected it to be as bad it was after traveling so far over land. 5 Deaths in VA alone, I'm afraid to think about what things must be like in the areas closer to where evacuations happened.

My complex had the power flicker a dozen times or so but no real damage or danger here.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: October 13, 2018, 09:37:32 pm »

It's good to hear your ok Dunam, but the silence from the others is, well, concerning.

It's hard to believe this is one of the most powerful storms to make landfall on record, but, well, here we are. The death toll is currently 18 and rising, with many others remaining unaccounted for. The number of deaths from inland areas and places that weren't hit so bad has led to fears of an even worse toll in the areas around Panama City and Mexico Beach.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: October 15, 2018, 11:01:43 am »

Ispil has been posting on the AmeriPol thread, so, he's okay. As for Frumple, there are still over a 160k customers (that's address/location, not individual people) without power in Florida, so, it'll be a while. He mentioned that it was going to landfall to the west of him, so, he's certainly avoided the worst portions and I'm pretty sure he's okay, just that it'll take a while for power and communications to get restored.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: October 15, 2018, 01:28:07 pm »

...as ok as one can be in Florida, which is a living hell the likes of which I pray the rest of us never know.

Full admission: I've been cross country, to all but 11 states, and one which I've never set foot in is Florida. With any luck I'll never have to change that.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: October 15, 2018, 02:33:15 pm »

I mean, not that I would, but to enter Florida requires crossing the north part, because the Gulf is in many ways worse, and frankly Georgia ain't no fun for nobody.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: October 15, 2018, 02:51:47 pm »

I mean, not that I would, but to enter Florida requires crossing the north part, because the Gulf is in many ways worse, and frankly Georgia ain't no fun for nobody.
*Is quietly offended in Atlanta*

Traffic is shit in Atlanta though.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: October 16, 2018, 12:11:05 am »

I ain't sayin' I looked crossways at ya... but I looked crossways at ya.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: October 16, 2018, 12:32:06 am »

Hey, I'm crosswalkin' here!
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: October 16, 2018, 02:32:05 am »

Hey, I'm crosswalkin' here!
*Appalachia five*
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: October 16, 2018, 02:48:46 am »

*Asheville five*
Shame I moved back home to the Triangle after a few years.
I sure miss Land of Sky though.

Mostly - no, just the hiking.  It's only the hiking I miss.

And that the storms, when they hit, hit hard and the thunder echoed, it echoed and there was a vantage point a mere mile walk away where I could look over the grey valley.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 12:01:43 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: October 16, 2018, 03:59:57 am »

Florida isn't that bad.  If you ignore the weather, and the drivers, and the crazy people literally cussing out traffic while standing in the middle of a major road (saw that happen today at work, my boss called the police)...

...Actually yea, Florida sucks, and I'm in central Florida, the part of Florida where yer so far south there are so many old people who moved here for retirement it starts becoming the north again.  I can't imagine what it's like in Tallahassee and thereabouts.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 04:01:51 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: October 16, 2018, 12:48:00 pm »

Well, it stands to reason that if Florida is America's dong, then the panhandle (and the small Gulf Coast portions of Alabama and Mississippi) is America's taint.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: October 16, 2018, 03:44:20 pm »

*Asheville five*
Shame I moved back home to the Triangle after a few years.
I sure miss Land of Sky though.

Mostly - no, just the hiking.  It's only the hiking I miss.

And that the storms, when they hit, hit hard and the thunder echoed, it echoed and there was a vantage point a mere mile walk away where I could look over the grey valley.

Only the hiking? I'm offended!
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 74