Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: PBP: Call of Cthulhu 7th edition (cancelled)  (Read 11475 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PBP: Call of Cthulhu 7th edition
« Reply #120 on: October 21, 2015, 08:11:04 pm »

Louise turns to face Al directly, "Touched a nerve, did I?" She pauses to sip from her coffee, maintaining eye contact. "Perhaps I was too harsh; it's only natural for pr- for those incapable of forging their own paths to suborn themselves to others, suckling at the teat of unearned wealth. They can no more stop themselves than a raptor refrain from stooping on a juicy morsel."
Al's eyes narrow, and then he gives a hollow chuckle, and addresses the group as a whole.
"Five bucks says she's got under a day until her mouth gets her into trouble with a Keohler. Any takers?"

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 21, 2015, 08:19:08 pm »

Thanks Flying Dice.

Are you actively searching or just trying to glance with your eyes?

For Future clarification:

Using Skills:

State what you are doing, specifically, and what you are trying to achieve.

"I am looking behind a statue for secret passages"
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 08:25:57 pm by Neonivek »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2015, 08:46:37 pm »

Elias, thinking along similar lines as Louise, thinks he remembers seeing something in the old books about a secret passage.  If he can recall the details (roll?), he will investigate further, in a somewhat half-hearted manner as he is merely bored with waiting (definitely roll).
((So, he's seeing if he remembers any secret passage mentions and then if he does, actually looking for them.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2015, 08:54:26 pm »

Elias recalls there being a library somewhere in this mansion as well as a office with all the documents concerning this house.

Both of those locations would be a good idea to look for such a search.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2015, 08:57:52 pm »

as a loyal butler remember where the staff quarters are along with my personal room?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 21, 2015, 09:00:53 pm »

Elias recalls there being a library somewhere in this mansion as well as a office with all the documents concerning this house.

Both of those locations would be a good idea to look for such a search.
((Uh.  He's the mansion's librarian.  He's had plenty of time to idly read through the old books already.  Though, probably not the office with all the not-climate-controlled stuff.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 21, 2015, 09:23:52 pm »

as a loyal butler remember where the staff quarters are along with my personal room?

Yes you do. though, you still need to be dismissed by Ettore once he arrives.

((Uh.  He's the mansion's librarian.  He's had plenty of time to idly read through the old books already.  Though, probably not the office with all the not-climate-controlled stuff.))

(There are thousands of books in the library, many in foriegn languages, some unrecognizable to you. You've read a number, but since your duties have eaten up so much of your time archiving, analyzing and restoring all of the Don's many acquisitions, you haven't gotten the chance to read all of them)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 21, 2015, 11:01:43 pm »

Louise turns to face Al directly, "Touched a nerve, did I?" She pauses to sip from her coffee, maintaining eye contact. "Perhaps I was too harsh; it's only natural for pr- for those incapable of forging their own paths to suborn themselves to others, suckling at the teat of unearned wealth. They can no more stop themselves than a raptor refrain from stooping on a juicy morsel."
Al's eyes narrow, and then he gives a hollow chuckle, and addresses the group as a whole.
"Five bucks says she's got under a day until her mouth gets her into trouble with a Keohler. Any takers?"
Mark perks up. "I believe I will take you up on your offer. I cannot resist the pleasure of a gamble. Now you must excuse me, I need to find a servant to help me with something."

Once out in the hallway, Mark looks for the tea room and attempts to pocket a few cubes of high-quality sugar, and any other sweets he may find.

Spoiler: GM (click to show/hide)
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 22, 2015, 01:04:34 am »

Farmer O'Flaherty observes with a raised eyebrow as it becomes apparent that these people probably don't like each other much.

Good!

Is there any coffee to be had? Would be grand at this time. Gotta warm up on the inside as well, you know.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 22, 2015, 02:01:34 am »

Coffee sounds great, actually. Capeder says and rubs his palms in an attempt to warm them, having just arrived due to almost losing the way twice... and due to a whispered argument with his wife Bo back in the hall. Good evening!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 22, 2015, 10:03:10 am »

Are you insuiating something I've worked here for 15 years here loyally for this family which i was graciously accepted into and i have risked my life for this family and would gladly risk it again for any of you and the rest of this family and don't insult Al it won't end well
"My, my, how curious," Louise chuckles, "I don't recall ever mentioning anyone in this little party of ours as being that sort of scum. Did I touch a nerve?"

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 22, 2015, 06:29:41 pm »

Are you insuiating something I've worked here for 15 years here loyally for this family which i was graciously accepted into and i have risked my life for this family and would gladly risk it again for any of you and the rest of this family and don't insult Al it won't end well
"My, my, how curious," Louise chuckles, "I don't recall ever mentioning anyone in this little party of ours as being that sort of scum. Did I touch a nerve?"

Of sorts....this is not a good day for me Louise....it appears I'm losing my composure... That has not happened in a long time friend
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 22, 2015, 10:05:49 pm »

Update with PM

Will do full update tommorow

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 23, 2015, 04:32:27 pm »

Of sorts....this is not a good day for me Louise....it appears I'm losing my composure... That has not happened in a long time friend
She waves her free hand airily in response, "It's nothing to be concerned about; these are trying times for some, I imagine," pausing to drink deeply from her coffee, "And this place is positively depressing."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 23, 2015, 05:47:22 pm »

"It has been cold recently, that is for certain.  And it has been hard for many."
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11