Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Have dwarves come to your fort with syndromes?  (Read 749 times)

nuget102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Have dwarves come to your fort with syndromes?
« on: October 02, 2015, 11:40:44 am »

Hey guys, so I plan to do a 28 drinks later challenge in a terrifying glacier/tundra. My question is can I add an illness of sorts that would either A) Kill them or B) turn them into zombies after x amount of time (Which likely won't be needed in a terrifying biome)

I think Masterwork did this with the older versions?
The fort where filth melts your skin! (updated 4/9/15)

Curiosity killed the cat.
Satisfaction brought it back.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Have dwarves come to your fort with syndromes?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 12:46:36 pm »

This should be quite doable. Detailed information on syndromes can be found on the wiki. Just remember that 1200 units of time are equal to one day, and that 33600 equal a month.

You could add castes to prevent all dwarves from starting with the syndromes. Don't forget the [POP_RATIO] tag.

Also, unless I'm mistaken (I'm by no means an expert,) the only way to get honest-to-goodness, nigh-invulnerable zombies is to raise dead bodies, so you might want to have a syndrome that transforms a dwarf into a caste with a reanimating interaction. Or you could compensate for the husks' vulnerability by making them ridiculously strong.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
Re: Have dwarves come to your fort with syndromes?
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 08:42:37 pm »

Might be worth mentioning that Toady has supposedly invented a new dimension to syndromes for the next version to deal with drunkedness, so there might be new effects on the horizon that will give you more options. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.