Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Mounts

<< < (2/2)

vjmdhzgr:
Through normal modding, this is definitely impossible. However there is some hope for DFhack as you can set up creatures riding other creatures in the object testing arena, and so something similar could potentially be done for adventurer mode. But then though you have to consider how the player would even get a mount in the first place. Like, there's no systems in place for it. You could find a tame horse in a field, but then how do you make that tame horse allied with you? Then there's also that even in the arena the rider of the mount has no control over it. It just does whatever it wants and hopefully that's what the rider wants. There's even the stories of goblins sieging a fortress riding cave crocodiles, only to have the crocodiles go through a river, drowning the riders. So, it might be possible in the end, some complicated things have been done with DFhack, but there would be so many things that need to be done I just don't think anybody would be willing to do all the work for what would still probably be not very good.

Myth:
From what I see , it would be very difficult and full of complications.

I will wait for the function in the main game is added.

Thanks for all responses :).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version