Author Topic: Mounts  (Read 2671 times)

Myth

• Bay Watcher
  • And ne forhtedon na
    • View Profile
Mounts
« on: October 03, 2015, 10:50:44 am »

Good morning , afternoon or evening

I just wanted to ask if there is a mod that allows me to ride horses in the adventure mode.

Should no mod to enable this feature , there is a way to create it ( I am new to modding ) ?

Sorry for the mistakes , I speak Spanish

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey the Fist!
    • View Profile
Re: Mounts
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 12:12:49 pm »

Pretty sure there isn't a mod that does this, I would have seen it already.
As for doing it yourself, DFHack is the only thing I can think of, although again, if it was possible, someone would have already done it, but there is always finding new ways.

Myth

• Bay Watcher
  • And ne forhtedon na
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 12:41:11 pm »

Pretty sure there isn't a mod that does this, I would have seen it already.
As for doing it yourself, DFHack is the only thing I can think of, although again, if it was possible, someone would have already done it, but there is always finding new ways.

Thank you.

I guess I have to wait for the creators add that feature in the game.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 06:19:31 pm »

It's probably possible, I mean Roses created a class system or w.e and it shouldn't be impossible to class up to a horseman.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=152762.30

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 07:02:56 pm »

I don't know how to use DFhack, but maybe you could make a script that keeps the mount in the same square as the player and gives the mount's speed to the player.  Or I should say to the rider, since I'd love to have this in Fortress Mode.  Or maybe you could treat the mount as a piece of equipment that enhances speed. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 10:40:58 pm »

Through normal modding, this is definitely impossible. However there is some hope for DFhack as you can set up creatures riding other creatures in the object testing arena, and so something similar could potentially be done for adventurer mode. But then though you have to consider how the player would even get a mount in the first place. Like, there's no systems in place for it. You could find a tame horse in a field, but then how do you make that tame horse allied with you? Then there's also that even in the arena the rider of the mount has no control over it. It just does whatever it wants and hopefully that's what the rider wants. There's even the stories of goblins sieging a fortress riding cave crocodiles, only to have the crocodiles go through a river, drowning the riders. So, it might be possible in the end, some complicated things have been done with DFhack, but there would be so many things that need to be done I just don't think anybody would be willing to do all the work for what would still probably be not very good.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Myth

• Bay Watcher
  • And ne forhtedon na
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 12:04:07 pm »

From what I see , it would be very difficult and full of complications.

I will wait for the function in the main game is added.

Thanks for all responses :).