Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Astraeus-Lunar IV  (Read 5317 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Astraeus-Lunar IV
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2015, 11:55:02 am »

Examine Situation Report carefully. Take note of life support levels and other such things.

Compare Objectives against Situation Report, evaluate for discrepancies.

Assess relevance of Cargo Contents to Situation Report and Objectives. Note any changes in Cargo Contents since our departure.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2015, 11:57:59 am »

Check Situation Report and Objectives first. Then check Cargo Contents. Do not open the tube immediately.
+1
Also, find a way to communicate with the other crew mates and check if they're ok.
I'm going to assume that +1 means you're doing the same thing, right?
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2015, 12:08:05 pm »

Check Situation Report and Objectives first. Then check Cargo Contents. Do not open the tube immediately.
+1
Also, find a way to communicate with the other crew mates and check if they're ok.
I'm going to assume that +1 means you're doing the same thing, right?
Yep.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2015, 12:16:11 pm »

Assess vitals on monitor. Then "Situation Report", followed by "Objectives" and, finally, "Cargo Contents"
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2015, 12:55:40 pm »

Access Situation Report, then Objectives. After that, open the tube.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2015, 02:29:00 pm »

Spoiler: Situation Report (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Objectives (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cargo Contents (click to show/hide)

+1
You remember that to activate your comms unit you must be in close proximity to the other astronauts to "sync" them all to the same channel.

Examine Situation Report carefully. Take note of life support levels and other such things.

Compare Objectives against Situation Report, evaluate for discrepancies.

Assess relevance of Cargo Contents to Situation Report and Objectives. Note any changes in Cargo Contents since our departure.

Doesn't seem like there's any discrepancies. Oh, and it seems like the situation report doesn't advise on life support levels. You think you should really yell at the egg-heads back at mission control for that minor slip up. Although you suppose that there would be a warning if the room was de-pressurized.
Assessing the cargo-contents, the only change you find in the cargo-contents is the loss of two plutonium fuel cells, both of which likely were used up then jettisoned. It seems like most of the cargo is intended for use upon planet-fall rather than on the ship, however.

Assess vitals on monitor. Then "Situation Report", followed by "Objectives" and, finally, "Cargo Contents"
Spoiler: Vitals (click to show/hide)

Access Situation Report, then Objectives. After that, open the tube.
Jasmine pushes the button to open the tube, then notices nothing happens. She tries again, and sees a message pop up before quickly vanishing: "Hold button for five seconds to open tube".
Well, that's helpful.
She holds her digit on the small rectangle until it flashes green. The first thing she notices as the shell covering the front of her body falls away is the heat. It must have still been cold inside that cryo-tube, because the ship feels like it's melting, although the ground is fairly obviously solid. Looking around, she sees that none of her crew-mates have exited their cryo-tubes yet. Good. The guard should always be the first out, to protect her crew-mates. She looked around the room. The room was mostly empty except for the cryo-tubes. Only one door granted exit from the room, and adjacent to said door was a terminal. She tried to remember exactly what it was for but it felt like her brain was sluggish. Probably just a normal side effect of being a human popsicle for a year... right?
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2015, 02:37:42 pm »

Check Vitals, if not an issue, exit pod.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2015, 02:38:11 pm »

Jasmine did her best to shake the sluggishness from her brain, moving carefully through the room and checking on the others. Not that she didn't trust the AI, but just because six personnel had been detected didn't mean that all six were alive. Besides, she preferred visual confirmation anyways.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2015, 07:16:30 pm »

+1
Once all of us are out of cryo-stasis, sync comms.

To the engineers in our group: "Between the coding errors, faltering engine, unjettisoned plutonium, mangled fins and damaged hull, which should be attended to first?"

Also, report to HQ the state of the ship, and relate their response to the rest of the astronauts.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 03:38:49 pm by Tomasque »
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2015, 08:11:56 pm »

"The coding is primary. Depleted radioactives are depleted for a reason, anyone can toss it out the airlock long as they have a radsuit on, I am more concerned about the jettison system itself. Engine comes after coding. Then we deal with the jettison system. The fins are cosmetic. Space lacks atmosphere. The hull requires repairs to prevent structural weak points during deceleration, although it is not a primary concern."

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2015, 10:13:12 pm »

John stirs, and, ignoring anything that requires reading, attempts to escape the tube. If he can't get out of the tube within 5 seconds, he resorts to both verbal and physical abuse.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2015, 03:34:03 am »

Open tube, get self in decent condition (well, as much as possible in zero-g), then sync my comms with the others.

"So, coding. I'm pretty good with code," Carmen Corman relates to the others, eager to assert usefulness. "There any software people on board?"

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2015, 01:06:48 pm »

Wait for body temp to rise to normal before leaving the tube & syncing comms.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2015, 03:35:10 pm »

"I will go report the problems to HQ, and relate their response over your personal comm systems."
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 03:37:16 pm by Tomasque »
Money!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2015, 04:28:53 pm »

Kiran decided that his vitals were normal enough. He was most certainly cold, but he knew that exiting the tube would warm him up. Holding his palm on the button for five seconds, he exited the cryo-tube, noticing that some of his fellow astronauts were also emerging. Apart from their cryo-tubes, the room only has one door, and beside that door lies a terminal.

Jasmine did her best to shake the sluggishness from her brain, moving carefully through the room and checking on the others. Not that she didn't trust the AI, but just because six personnel had been detected didn't mean that all six were alive. Besides, she preferred visual confirmation anyways.
Jasmines waits a few seconds while her crew-members emerge from their cryo-tubes. All except one. Just as she is about to launch over to check what the problem is, she hears muffled shouts of "OPEN! OPEN!", before an astronaut emerges. He tries to walk, apparently not knowing that they are in zero gravity, before floating upwards. The astronaut makes a few failed attempts at swimming before desperately flinging his arms around. Jasmine sighs, and pushes off the wall towards him. As she approaches him, an indicator appears on her eye-piece that the individual she is looking at is John.

+1
Once all of us are out of cryo-stasis, sync comms.

To the engineers in our group: "Between the coding errors, faltering engine, unjettisoned plutonium, mangled fins and damaged hull, which should be attended to first?"

Also, report to HQ the state of the ship, and relate their response to the rest of the astronauts.
Eve, noting her slightly low body temperature, opened the tube and stepped out. Several other astronauts were already out, but not all of them were, so syncing coms would- oh, never mind. It appears the last astronaut just exited the tube. Eve and two other astronauts step into the center of the room, preparing to sync comms. However, one astronauts are still standing by their tube, a second is floating gently while waving their arms around in a panicking fashion, and the guard seems to be taking a head-count.

John stirs, and, ignoring anything that requires reading, attempts to escape the tube. If he can't get out of the tube within 5 seconds, he resorts to both verbal and physical abuse.
John mashes the button. His tube refuses to open. He begins screaming at the tube, "OPEN! OPEN!". Surprisingly, the tube opens. Someone must have prepared it with voice commands. The first thing John notices is how freezing it is. He takes ONE step from his cryo-tube then falls- or, rather, he would have fallen if he had not instead started floating. It appears that the artificial gravity is off. He realizes he probably should have read the status report. He is now gently bobbing near his cryo-tube, heading slowly for the roof. He does the only logical thing: Starts trying to swim through space. Upon realizing this does not work due to the lack of air-particles to push, he turns his pseudo-forward stroke into a desperate hand-waving motion. The guard notices and starts to float over.

Open tube, get self in decent condition (well, as much as possible in zero-g), then sync my comms with the others.

"So, coding. I'm pretty good with code," Carmen Corman relates to the others, eager to assert usefulness. "There any software people on board?"
Carmen exits the tube and decides to stretch. This appears to be a mistake as muscles which have been frozen for a year are stretched out eagerly by the energetic Carmen, who cringes after the first stretch. However, she manages to push herself off her cryo-tube and towards the middle of the roof, colliding gently with another astronaut who brings her to a stop.

Wait for body temp to rise to normal before leaving the tube & syncing comms.
Eric monitors his body temperature until it is just a few Celsius away from room temperature, before holding his palm over the open tube button. He emerges from the tube, and launches off to the center of the room to sync comm units. Another astronaut with a similar idea pushes off from the opposite side of the room, and Eric performs a beautiful zero-G maneuver, using his inertia and that of the incoming astronaut to neutralize the two forces. Due to a tiny miscalculation they are slowly drifting back towards his tube, but it would take a few minutes for them to arrive. Probably nothing to worry about.

((Extra Info will be included at the bottom of turns inside double parentheses, simply for clarification. If you have any questions, please ask these in double parentheses and I will answer them as soon as I am able.))

((Rolls will come into play when you start doing actual tasks. Mundane actions won't require rolls. I wouldn't have you fail at walking towards a console now, would I?))

((Oh, and just to clarify, the room you are currently in has no oxygen. You are not in a space suit. Before you panic, don't worry! You are all wearing two things (Apart from clothing): A small breathing mask connected to two small oxygen tubes at your waist, each containing an hour of oxygen if inhaled sparingly. The second piece of equipment is a small pair of what look like glasses but actually function similar to google glasses, except for much more practical purposes: They can point out IFF tags, dangerous environments (Radiation, toxic gases, etc), and can "Scan" objects like pipes or engine units for leaks causing potential problems))
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5