Poll

I dont know how to delete polls

still true
- 1 (100%)
not true
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: 4 Nations  (Read 14935 times)

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
4 Nations
« on: October 03, 2015, 08:16:00 pm »

1 diplomat needed

Every nation has 2 offices: diplomat and general...

Diplomat:
>Handles economic decisions
>Handles foreign policy

General:
>Moves troops
>Captures points of interest

There are

4 NATIONS

Win Requirements:
All nations must meet a certain level of prosperity, depending on size and population.
All world crisis must be resolved.

1) Power Balance: A diplomat may make trades with oil, but it is protected by the general, whom may deny such trades to complete. A general may make expenses on behalf of the military, but the diplomat may deny these expenses.
2) Approval: For this game, assume your people, while primarily trusting your actions, err on the side of peace loving. If your approval gets too low, both Diplomat and General will be impeached.

More will be revealed as the game progresses. What I say goes!

Q. For commitment, it's not more than once a day, is it?
A. Yeah it shouldn't be more than that. Unless all players are getting everything done, I suppose we might then. Not as a requirement.

Q. Can we get an IC thread?
A. This is a strategy game where the path to victory is decided by consistent actions via budgeting, bargaining, capturing, and so forth, roleplaying has no consequence, from my perspective atleast, so you may be "in character" if you want to call it that while playing, on the flip side there is no real time to be "out" of character beyond the game set up.

Spoiler: Tips (click to show/hide)

World Crisis Discovered

#1 Oil Shortage
All nations must meet their oil needs when all other crisis have been satisfied.
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?

Spoiler: Cycle 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cycle 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cycle 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cycle 4 (click to show/hide)

Cycle 5

« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 05:23:09 pm by GameBoyBlue »

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 4 Nations
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 08:21:32 pm »

I'm interested to come in as a Diplomat, please.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 08:27:27 pm »

I'll be a diplomat
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 08:28:15 pm »

I'll be a diplomat

Welcome, you may name the nation you will be leading.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 08:32:27 pm »

I'll be a diplomat

Welcome, you may name the nation you will be leading.

The Nation that I will be leading shall be named Equestria! In the honor of the Goddess Empress of Ponykind!
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 08:33:28 pm »

Interest as a general.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2015, 10:15:51 pm »

The nation I shall lead will be called Djibouti. We got Djibouti.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2015, 10:20:24 pm »

With high hopes that I will actually have time to play this, I would like to join as a general! I will lead the armies of tntey's nation, if he's good with that. For commitment, it's not more than once a day, is it?

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2015, 10:22:07 pm »

With high hopes that I will actually have time to play this, I would like to join as a general! I will lead the armies of tntey's nation, if he's good with that. For commitment, it's not more than once a day, is it?

Yeah it shouldn't be more than that.

Edit: Unless all players are getting everything done, I suppose we might then. Not as a requirement.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 10:23:50 pm by GameBoyBlue »

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2015, 10:27:08 pm »

Alright, great.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2015, 10:32:43 pm »

I will point out at this time, it will be possible for both and either the general or diplomat to function to atleast some capacity, even without the other's consent and approval. The military will always get volunteers and can seize resources if unfunded, but the diplomat will always represent the people as they were elected to do so and can always have at least some influence at home and abroad.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2015, 10:34:47 pm »

I shall sign up as the diplomat of nation 3, the name of which I'll leave as such until a suitable general is found.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2015, 10:36:13 pm »

I shall (tentatively) sign up as the diplomat for Nation 4. I'll let a general sign up and (help) decide on a name before making it definitive.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 11:18:32 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2015, 10:38:46 pm »

I shall (tentatively) sign up as the diplomat for Nation 4. I'll let a general sign up and (help) decide on a name before making it definitive.

Hmm, I got to know if you are signing up or not. So the space can go to someone who for sure wants to play.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2015, 10:39:07 pm »

Model un bodies unite!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19