Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Changing the title  (Read 2172 times)

Urist Sonuvagimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Changing the title
« on: October 07, 2015, 01:14:46 am »

Dafuq:

Working hard for a title to only end up with this... I bet adventurer's female archer follower came up with this ridiculous title. After my initial rage, I've realized it is actually quite amusing. Getting killed by a man calling himself "Rosy-Dimple Balls" must be the most humiliating death ever. Though, some other ridiculous titles (e.g. "Emerald Mirrors of Cavorting") plague my games. I've got dfHack running, is there a command to wipe the title so a new one can be earned?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 01:23:22 am by Urist Sonuvagimli »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Changing the title
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 02:31:00 am »

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/maxthyme/dfstuff/master/names.lua

I'm not sure if it will give you the same one again if you just clear it, but you can simply use that. Open the status screen for a unit then type names -unit and it will pull up the adventurer name selection screen.

Hit r to change languages (Kulet is the top word in the dorfish page) then choose what you want. When you get the name set up as you like type names -unit -first (whatever you want the first name to be or use the random one it offers) and it's set and translates properly.

For artifacts you view the item and then names -item and proceed. Gotta run it again to set the name because I can't make it apply it properly when you leave the screen, gotta figure that out I suppose.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 02:33:03 am by Max™ »