Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Thea: The Awakening  (Read 21116 times)

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Thea: The Awakening
« Reply #105 on: March 07, 2019, 07:51:17 am »

I just want to mention that the PS4 port of Thea 1 (incl 'Giants') has been implemented very well.
It's exactly the same game, but they make good use of the controller.
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 08, 2019, 07:36:18 pm »

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #107 on: March 08, 2019, 07:57:15 pm »

Just to say, I'm looking for someone to play this game with, and can find no one. Thea is hard and have a roguelike level of stress inducement with characters dying a lot to RNG, but is actually one of the very, very few games I would recommend spending money on.

If someone is looking for a multiplayer campaign, feel free to contact me

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 09, 2019, 08:27:42 am »

Went and bought it.

He's alright, but ole Boris here has my heart:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 09, 2019, 06:00:57 pm »

Have two more - the dark, mysterious type and the resident bad boy.

(I have an attractive rat as well, but alas it is not also beautiful.)

By the by, if you're not yet aware: once your reputation with a group reaches more than 50ish, if you stop by the tavern of their main settlement (it'll tell you if it's not the main settlement in the visit description), you're able to hire someone every dozen+ turns. That seems to be the replacement for the 'attraction' value in the first game that gave a chance of other races turning up.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 09, 2019, 06:06:27 pm »

Well, um, with some groups you can hire someone. With other groups you can borrow someone for an hour or two of sweet lovin', which may still have the same effect, albeit indirectly.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2019, 03:54:05 pm »

May 13 release date for Thea 2, apparently because of market considerations. Color me concerned - they've been making sweeping changes to try to fix some of the balance problems, but they're adding new imbalances each time they do. It has clear promise right now, but it also feels really raw, and pretty sloggish. It also feels really stingy about recruits, which is only made worse by the fact that you can have two villages if you somehow can scrape together the population. Between that and how grindy any non-reckless strategy feels, I'm not sure it'll feel welcoming (or possibly even fun) to new players.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2019, 04:01:38 pm »

Yeah... in the last couple of months they've revamped a few of the somewhat core systems like crafting (not necessarily bad, just pretty big changes not long before release). They also decided to throttle/'normalize' population growth, which I personally really don't like, then doubled down on it in the most recent patch. Kinda hoping more dedicated folks will use the modding tools to improve the population system once things settle down.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2019, 05:57:37 pm »

Ugh, man. That game I played a month ago was not fit for release.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 30, 2019, 07:10:55 pm »

Weirdly, with the last patch it feels a lot less broken if you underscore the "hobo" part of "murder hobo". Not setting up a village until I was 300+ turns in made it feel a lot less grindy and the difficulty curve felt smoother. They also added the divine quest and a bunch more events. I'm not sure it's release-ready, but I'm a lot less offput by the idea than before my most recent game.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 30, 2019, 08:10:15 pm »

hopefully it sells well at release so they can continue patching it up

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 01, 2019, 10:46:21 am »

-Bioware fans

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 01, 2019, 05:30:36 pm »

For Thea 1, at least, they did have quite a robust post-release patching life, including adding multiplayer and a free expansion. The only 'DLC' they released was essentially a tip jar.

So based on the record I'm somewhat hopeful.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2019, 12:45:05 am »

-Bioware fans

ewww bioware, would never never buy their titles

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 07, 2019, 01:06:14 am »

How is everyone here enjoying Thea 2? I never played Thea 1 so no experience with that one.

From what I read, Thea 2 is like a survival rpg with a lot of strategic elements? I know you get a band of people and a village, but its supposedly better to spend a long time without a village and do quests and survive. But that doesn't really tell me how good game is or not.

I'd probably want to buy it before official release if I was to get it at all, most early access games go up in price after they get released. So hence why I ask how its being perceived so far.

(edit: I ended up using my money for another game. Won't list it cause this thread is about Thea 2 and not another game, but I'm gonna wait on Thea 2 I think to see how it is past release.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 03:24:11 pm by Trolldefender99 »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9