Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Assault on Anghor  (Read 10129 times)

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
Re: Assault on Anghor
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2015, 11:28:30 pm »

"Another day, another drop! Ain't that right, Ryan? Man, I love this job!"

Get to cover as I talk. I may be a loudmouth, but I ain't dumb.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 10:13:40 pm by Fr0stByt3 »
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Nunzillor

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2015, 11:50:04 pm »

What asshole fired this fucking pod?  Probably some moron that doesn't even read GQ.

"Shit!  Now my fucking battle fatigues are scratched and my hair is FUBAR!  This is a god-damned disaster!  Are you slobs paying attention?  I said my hair is messed up!  It looks like shit!  What are we gonna do about that?"

Take out my battle comb and try to fix my hair.  Take any style suggestions suggested by others.  Focus mostly on that, but if there's any time remaining, I guess help the guy back into the pod.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 12:03:41 am by Nunzillor »

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2015, 12:22:26 am »

Kill artillery with Nunzillor's battle comb!

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2015, 09:50:10 am »

Frostbyte:
You begin moving to cover, but as soon as you do an electrical shock goes through your body, sending you to the ground. You can't get up. Men are screaming and shouting for you to disable electronics and that there was an EMP blast. You quickly disable your electronics, and slowly get up. Your NCO is trying to get Ryan to quit squirming so he can turn his electronics off. Just as this happens, a shell flies through the park and connects with a drop pod, causing it to burst into flames, igniting the men around it. "Tank!" you hear someone shout.

Nunzillor:
"Shit!" you say,  "Now my fucking battle fatigues are scratched and my hair is FUBAR!  This is a god-damned disaster!  Are you slobs paying attention?  I said my hair is messed up!  It looks like shit!  What are we gonna do about that?"

You pull out a comb you carry with you, pull off your battle helmet, and fix your hair a little bit before the pod lurches forward a little more on the metal rod. Your NCO and the dangling team member both fall out. The pod slides forward, and falls off the metal pole. The pod falls to the ground for more than 300 stories before exploding on impact.

AkumaKasai:
You sit tight, trying to bunker down. People try to clear the drop point, running into the forest, but it's no use. The artillery is hammering the clearing too hard. This drop point has been lost. "The drop point is lost," you hear your NCO say, "The drop point is lost." Those are the last words you hear before a shell lands directly on your squad, killing all of you.
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"

*gobbles menacingly*

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2015, 10:23:07 am »

Move to subdue the targets. If someone attempts to be a hero - rifle butt to the face. Anyone armed or military personnel spotted are to be shot on sight, unless they're the HVT. Remind myself where the extraction point is. If I was the first one to notice that one of the HVTs is missing - report that in.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2015, 10:29:59 am »

What do I have?

Designate the enemy position as a target for our orbital laser.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Nunzillor

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2015, 01:34:57 pm »

Damn it, I see the problem.  Should have brought a brush.

Waitlist.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2015, 01:41:58 pm »

Aw hell no.
Be a spooky ghost. Take down that artillery.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2015, 04:01:40 pm »

Check my kit real quick as I slink from cover to cover, avoiding the notice of the tank. Do I have any anti-tank capabilities? A grenade? Mines? Shaped charges?
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2015, 04:31:18 pm »

(Gonna have to drop out of the waitlist, sorry. Don't have enough time to keep up with bay12 at the moment.)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2015, 10:06:22 pm »

I quickly question what our policy is about civilians. Valid as human shields, acceptable as collateral damage, or no?

I keep watch over any windows or alleyways I can see, especially those near where people are. At the first sign of an ambush, I want to be ready. Safeties off and stick to cover, people, it's go time!

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2015, 08:50:44 pm »

Hawk132:
You weren't given a specific point of extraction. You were simply told to round up the HVTs and get them to a secure place until further notice. "One of them's missing, boys." you say into the radio.

"Roger that." you hear back from your NCO. "Let's secure these two and sweep the rest of the building." You begin to wade through the crowd of people towards the two HVTs moving towards the door. As soon as you get to them, a team member fires two shots into the ceiling, and yells for people to quiet down. Your team of four surrounds the two HVTs, and holds them at gunpoint. They drop to their knees with their hands up.

ATHATH:
The smallest ordinance you could put on that position from orbit would wipe out multiple city blocks, which is against ROE at this point. Your NCO begins to get impatient, and grabs you by the shoulder to follow him up the building. "Let's go, rookie. Come on." he says. You nod and follow. The building seems to be a hotel of some kind, with one long, narrow hallway going all the way through with rooms on the sides. As you slowly walk down the hallway, you see men running past. You aren't sure whether they were enemies or not.

Frostbyte:
You dive behind a drop pod as the tank fires off another shell, connecting with yet another drop pod. Just as this happens, gunfire explodes throughout the square. Skyscraper windows are shot out and broken and replaced with muzzle flashes. They have this drop point pinned from all angles.

You watch a friendly run out from cover behind a tree, onto the road, looking to get inside a building and to get out of the square. The second he steps foot on the road, he is hit by another speeding enemy tank and turned into a cloud of red mist. Another friendly tries the route he took and is mowed down by gunfire. Soon the road is filled with a wave of friendlies desperately trying to make their way out of the square.

Your NCO grabs you by the shoulder and lifts you up to his face. "We're gonna fucking die if we stay here, let's go!" he yells into your face, and runs off into the road with the wave of friendly infantry.

Xvareon:
You're in the same predicament that Frostbyte is in. Also, civilians at this point are acceptable as collateral damage.

Gunfire tears through bodies in the square as your squad huddles in cover between a tree and your drop pod. Your NCO speaks up, "We're gonna head North and link up with platoon command as soon as we can. On me, let's go!" he yells as he heads out of cover and into the road, along with a wave of friendly infantry.

You follow close behind, and your squad regroups in an alleyway just outside of the park. Your NCO kicks down a side door of the alleyway and your team breaches. The room is clear, it's a small lounge room, most likely a break room. You hear commotion from further into the building.
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"

*gobbles menacingly*

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2015, 09:44:40 pm »

If I got assigned the job of point man, I step up to the plate and start moving down hallways through the building, covering any doors I can see.

If I'm lingering behind, I cover our point man as best I can with my rifle. I'm honestly hoping I got roped into a "Designated Marksman" role, as that's usually my thing.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2015, 10:29:39 pm »

((I'm not sure what is expected of me right now; am I waiting for you to detail my drop or am I supposed to be doing something else?))

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2015, 07:59:31 pm »

All IN, any chance I could be team heavy weapons man?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13