Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Assault on Anghor  (Read 10112 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Assault on Anghor
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2015, 08:03:06 pm »

Waitlist
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2015, 09:43:01 pm »

Follow, covering him as best I can.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2015, 09:55:51 pm »

//Sorry about that Radio Controlled and Ruludos! Also, just to clear this up, all infantry units in the drop are equipped with light body armor and the TRAC-5 General Purpose Rifle.

Xvareon:
"Xvareon, on point!" your NCO commands. You walk up to the door, and slowly open it with your team covering you. The second the door opens, you hear a cord attached to the door snap. Suddenly, the walls on both sides of the doors explode and two human-size death robots climb through the holes. The explosion sends you to the ground, and you watch as the death robots' miniguns tear your squad apart before turning on you. You fire off what you can of your magazine into the first one before it grabs you by the neck and shoulder and rips your spine and head straight out of your body and tosses both pieces of your body into a wall.

Radio Controlled:
You jump out of your pod as the doors fly open. You've landed at a street intersection, slightly off target. You get into a defensive perimeter around your drop pod and your NCO speaks up. "Alright, we've gotta get to HQ, two city blocks north. On me boys, move out."

You get yourself up and trot alongside your NCO through the sidewalks. You hear ambient gunfire and explosions rocking the city, but you see only an abandoned street before you as you slowly trot northward toward HQ. Your NCO is talking to HQ on the radio while your squad is on the move, and your other two team mates are talking to each other. You notice something, a slight movement, in a window to the left on the other side of the street.

Ruludos:
Your squad lands directly in the drop zone. It's a clearing in the middle of a dense jungle. About five friendly pods drop with you, which means your entire platoon minus one pod dropped correctly. Your platoon's objective is to secure five anti-missile sites in this jungle so that the nearby military outpost can be smart-bombed and converted into a friendly base of operations. Your NCO regroups your squad and begins to head out towards your first objective with your squad following suit.

You've been walking for about fifteen minutes, and along the way there's been this vibration sound. It started out really quiet and slow, but now it's becoming faster and louder. Your team mate, Alek, mentions that he hears it. Just as he says this, your NCO turns around and points his TRAC-5 right at Alek's chest, with his eyes wild and wide open.

Zormod:
You hop out of your drop pod. You've dropped right in the middle of what seems to be a salvage yard. Your team is a part of an operation to disable a giant enemy death robot before they can activate it. This is a large scale force takeover of the facility, and literally nothing is known about the facility.

"Alright guys, let's stay quiet." your NCO, Collins, says. He's a greenie, this is his first drop. He's trying to prove himself in battle for a platoon commander position. Your squad nods in agreement, and you follow Collins. You can already hear the battle for the facility beginning. The alarm has been sounded and heavy gunfire can be heard in the direction of the facility.

Just as you come into an open area of the salvage yard, you see a team of enemies, five men in green body armor, holding two friendly soldiers in red at gunpoint. Two dead bodies are laying nearby.

Frostbyte:
You follow your NCO into the open doors of the nearest skyscraper. As soon as you get inside, your NCO drops. The man standing next to you drops as well. You dive behind a nearby desk to take cover from the gunfire. Friendly soldiers pour through the door and break through the windows and begin to take up cover positions inside the building, all the while you stick tight behind the desk.

Once your friendlies start firing back, you lean over your cover and look for where the enemies are firing from. There are sandbags lined up a ways down, and a squad or so of enemies are dug in behind it. They have the positioning, but you have greater numbers. You line up a shot and cap one of the enemies' helmets off with a ding before getting back into cover.
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"

*gobbles menacingly*

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2015, 10:19:37 pm »

Quietly grab some cover, aim for the head. If I get the order, open fire.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2015, 11:18:35 pm »

//Sorry about that Radio Controlled and Ruludos!

((Not a problem in the slightest.))

Dive for cover! Not stopping the NCO if he wants to *BLAM* someone, but I'm not getting in the way.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2015, 01:08:13 am »

"Movement 10 o' clock!

Call out movement, give supressive fire unless ordered otherwise.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2015, 03:24:47 am »

Lay down suppressing fire.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2015, 07:12:46 am »

Check the HVTs for any weapons. If I have something to bind their hands with, then do so. Then attempt to lead them to a place that has a low probability of them getting shot in the face or rescued.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2015, 05:14:49 pm »

Zormod:
You slink behind an old car and take aim at the head of one of the enemies. You take a shot, and it pops the enemy's helmet right off, and sends him to the ground. As soon as you do that, however, the other enemy standing next to him raises his weapon and puts a shot in the back of each of the hostages' heads, before taking a few shots from a team member and going down. The remaining three enemies dive into cover behind nearby cars and begin returning fire.

Your NCO yells for a team member to run off to the left, but a bullet flies straight into his neck mid-command. Blood gushes from the wound as he slowly falls to the ground. "Man down!" a team member yells.

Ruludos:
You run for cover behind a tree, and looking back you see your NCO begin firing full-auto into Alek's chest. Alek screams for help momentarily before going down. Your NCO screams his lungs out while emptying the rest of his clip into Alek. Your other team member backs away, and begins taking aim at your NCO.

Radio Controlled:
"Movement 10 o' clock!" you yell, and dive into cover behind a car on the street. Just as you yell out, a bullet strikes a team member in the shoulder, sending him down to the ground behind the car. Your NCO and the other team member quickly dive through the windows of the building next to you and begin returning fire into the windows across the street.

Frostbyte:
You lean over your cover to lay down suppressing fire, but instantly are sent to the ground by a bullet to the shoulder. You stay behind the desk and hold onto the wound. Blood is gushing out of the wound quickly, and you aren't sure whether or not your body armor's built-in first aid system can fix the wound. Another squad of friendlies comes rushing into the building, and are immediately torn down by enemy gunfire.

Hawk132:
You begin patting down one of the HVTs, but a man suddenly comes running at you from the crowd. Your team mate tries to raise his weapon and push him away, but two shots quickly ring out and your teammate falls to the ground. Your NCO runs and tackles him, and quickly subdues him. Just as he takes the gun away, the man explodes. Your NCO, and the man both turn to guts and people nearby the blast are sent to the ground. People suddenly begin to charge for the exit, and you watch as one of the SF teams at an exit is run over by the civilians. You then notice that you've lost both of the HVTs.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 11:39:40 pm by bsnott »

*gobbles menacingly*

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2015, 11:39:49 pm »

There's the update!

*gobbles menacingly*

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2015, 01:31:42 am »

Try to get to the NCO, but stay behind cover. If I see a chance to hit, take it.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2015, 06:22:18 am »

Guess I rolled a 2 there.

Quickly look through the room I'm in for the escapees. If I don't see them - run out of the closest door to me and search for them. If I find them - fire off a warning shot and detain them again. Any civvies that decide to run at me get kneecapped.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2015, 06:59:54 am »

Stay in cover. How good is this cover against modern firearms, anyway?

Check around to see if there's nothing flanking us, but keep my head down. If yes, shoot it, if not check if there's anywhere near that could get me a better vantage point.

What do we have in terms of gear, by the way?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2015, 11:10:31 am »

//@Radio Controlled, check the first post. You're all equipped with the TRAC-5 General Purpose Rifle, light body armor with first aid capabilities, a pistol, and grenades. It's all prototypes, and thus very faulty.

Zormod:
You wait until the enemies are all behind cover before diving across a gap. One of them comes up to get a shot on you but is hit dead in the chest by a team member. You get to your NCO and look at his wounds. His first aid isn't gonna do the job alone, so you set yours to the task as well on him. By some miracle, you keep him alive. He's not on his feet, but he's alive and able to talk. By the time you've completed this, you hear, "Clear!" from a team member.

Hawk132:
You throw on your objective settings on your goggles and quickly check the room for the HVTs. You find one of them already past the SF team at the exit and the other has grabbed one of the rifles from the SF team and you watch as he fires a shot into each of the SF trooper's kneecaps. You cannot see the other HVT.

Radio Controlled:
You stay in cover behind the car, looking for any enemies flanking you. You see three enemy infantry run out of the building across the street, and lean over your cover. You fire off three shots, masterfully dropping each of the enemies.

You could get up into a higher story in the building behind you if needed, but it would put you at risk.

*gobbles menacingly*

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2015, 12:13:29 pm »

Well, this is going south real quick. Attempt to shoot out the gun out of the HVT's hands. Whether by shooting the gun or his hands doesn't matter. Capture him afterwards.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13