Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35

Author Topic: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...  (Read 57574 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...
« on: October 09, 2015, 11:41:09 am »

Ok. So lets not be flowery about this; we don't have time. Our whole time table is shifting forward dramatically. So.

You guys are coming in on a shuttle. What it is gonna do is land near an opening that leads into the area you're gonna be exploring.  From there, your goal is to find the source of all this and kill it if it isn't dead already and reclaim the lost area on Heph.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 11:52:43 am by piecewise »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 24: Demon In the Freezer
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 11:42:42 am »

"Union people! CSU people! Come look what we got! Let's work out what to do with it, shall we? First, I suggest we veeery carefully put two of these green things together... be careful now, this thing probably came from space..."
One wheel short of a wagon

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 11:46:01 am »

"Union people! CSU people! Come look what we got! Let's work out what to do with it, shall we? First, I suggest we veeery carefully put two of these green things together... be careful now, this thing probably came from space..."

"Could you guys at least wait until we land before possibly dooming us all? In fact I will headlock the first person who tires to mess with that on the shuttle."
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 11:48:00 am »

"Big talk for someone who doesn't have five arguably sane overarmed thugs backing them up. But we'll be careful, don't worry."

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 11:54:23 am »

"We have a union? That's pretty cool, what kinda benefits can I get for signing up?"
Be surprised at the arguing
"Uh.. hrmm.. what are those things anyway? Guessing they might be dangerous? Guessing we don't know? Think Heph might have a convenient testing facility for those ... err... artifacts?"
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 09:52:23 am by Moopli »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 11:55:43 am »

((PETEIE DUBYA))
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 11:57:00 am »

"We have a union? That's pretty cool, what kinda benefits can I get for signing up?"
Be surprised at the arguing
"Uh.. hrmm.. what are those things anyway? Guessing they might be dangerous? Guessing we don't know? Think Heph might have a convenient testing facility for those ... err... artifacts?"

"Given Hep is where we send all the artifacts we find on missions to see what the fuck they are and what they do, I'm going to go with 'Yes'. Which is why we should wait to test any and all unknown artifacts we bought from Nyars.".
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 11:58:51 am »

"Given Hep is where we send all the artifacts we find on missions to see what the fuck they are and what they do, I'm going to go with 'Yes'. Which is why we should wait to test any and all unknown artifacts we bought from Nyars.".

"Nyars, that's a nice name. Means cheese in my mother's mother tongue..."
"He's not a cheese, is he? That would be an uncomfortable coincidence."

((also, demon in the freezer? Ohoho this will be more than just an entropy-eating device, I imagine. How long until someone dies? bets, anyone :P?))
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 12:03:41 pm by Moopli »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 12:04:20 pm »

"Oops, I've opened it already. No harm in a look now, is there? The nerds can run their sticky fingers over it when we get there."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2015, 12:06:07 pm »

Vladimir smokes with his helmet off, on the brink of the start of a new assignment. Last one from the pack he carried in his pocket all the way from his home to Paracelsus' Sword. He has a block of these in his new compartment, sure, but this one still feels somewhat special.

((Please not that should the circumstances of landing be unwelcoming towards smoking or removing ones helmet, he won't do either.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2015, 12:06:47 pm »

Thank fuck we're actually on this thing now. Last time I had to wait that long for something I apparently accidentally exploded.

"I would advise, as the person who's likely going to be fixing you all up if ... no, when you get injured, to not do it unnecessarily. I'd rather not do more operations than necessary and you'd rather not displease the medic."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2015, 12:12:30 pm »

"If, perchance, we end up with a situation where playing with what might be a weapon of mass destruction can't make things worse, then fine, play with it. We're not there yet, I don't think."

"On the related topic of being able to tell people not to do things that unnecessarily endanger the team, we oughta set up a chain of command."

Pulls up messages on wristpad:
"Two main tasks: Set up perimeter systems, so, containment and the contingency nuke; and do probing missions within to figure out what exactly is going on. Who can do perimeter work, and who can do probing work?"

Ask Steve: "Could we keep this shuttle in orbit a while so the guy with the thing can go outside an airlock on a tether to test his toy while hopefully dangering us all less?"
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 12:17:38 pm by Moopli »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2015, 12:31:19 pm »

"I'll volunteer as a squad leader doing perimeter work."

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2015, 12:40:17 pm »

"I'll volunteer as a squad leader doing perimeter work."

"Sure, you're....?" (assume name given)
-quickly looks you up in the wristpad thing-
"I'm Root, pleased to meet you, Yan- uh, Mr. Hargraves. Oh, yes, you were on 19.."
"I'll be doing perimeter stuff too, guess I've also taken up the role of organizing this mission. Uhrm, what can you do, exactly?"

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2015, 12:53:15 pm »

"Shoot things, operate bombs, and program a bit too. I'll handle the contingency nuke, since it was my idea." He pause for a second. "Hey, since you're the one who decided to bother with organizing stuff, I say you should be ground leader."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35