Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35

Author Topic: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...  (Read 57643 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 24: *Please Stand By*
« Reply #165 on: October 31, 2015, 11:35:04 am »

"So... we're in a completely screwed up, unknown fuckup in the material of whatever the universe is made of or something. So I'm guessing it's equally likely to get worse or better if I have a quick look at what this damn green thing does, any objections?" Oh, and DON'T OPEN THE GODDAMN DOORS JUST YET, would be my advice, seeing as there might be something out there... waiting. Let's go down some other routes of inquiry before we do whatever weird thing that started this expects us to do, assuming it's properly sentient, understood?"
One wheel short of a wagon

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 31, 2015, 11:37:04 am »

"Alright, who buggered reality? Can we go ONE mission without dimensional fuckery people?!"

Position myself to cover the door opening with my Sibilius in case of face eating monster attempting to pop out at us.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Nunzillor

« Reply #167 on: October 31, 2015, 11:39:34 am »

"So... we're in a completely screwed up, unknown fuckup in the material of whatever the universe is made of or something. So I'm guessing it's equally likely to get worse or better if I have a quick look at what this damn green thing does, any objections?" Oh, and DON'T OPEN THE GODDAMN DOORS JUST YET, would be my advice, seeing as there might be something out there... waiting. Let's go down some other routes of inquiry before we do whatever weird thing that started this expects us to do, assuming it's properly sentient, understood?"
"But what else can we do?  We can't get through the walls, so the only way out is through the doors.  Also, if you're referring to Sullen Moon, this is a much worse place to test it than even the shuttle was."
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 11:47:30 am by Nunzillor »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #168 on: October 31, 2015, 11:42:47 am »

: No, no. The boy is right. Opening the doors right now is the wrong move. That's exactly what they would be expecting us to do... :
: We should kick the door open instead! That's how you make a cool entrance! :
Robo-kick the doors down! Say something cool while doing that.

EDIT: I'm assuming cam-eyes are not giving me anything useful and I can't just fly up, right?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 11:45:27 am by Parisbre56 »

Nunzillor

« Reply #169 on: October 31, 2015, 11:45:35 am »

"Uh, okay.  Never mind, then."

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...
« Reply #170 on: October 31, 2015, 01:01:42 pm »

"So that's only one no, then? Because I have a couple of union people behind me, who I'm sure will want to have their investment tested. And also, does anyone have anything that might be useful before we bend over and clench our toes for the awful dimensional horror?"

Nunzillor

« Reply #171 on: October 31, 2015, 01:19:48 pm »

"But, I'm one of those union people that invested in it.  Don't you think testing it right now would be dangerous?  I think we've missed our window of opportunity."
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 01:21:52 pm by Nunzillor »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 31, 2015, 01:37:37 pm »

"Oh, fuck's sake. One of the other missions fucked something up majorly, I just know it. Anyone have any unstable artifacts or stuff like that? Don't activate it. We don't know what's going on yet but I'd wager nothing good."

Stay as close to the middle of the elevator as I can get, be vigilant for any sign of alien fuckery.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 31, 2015, 01:41:58 pm »

Level rifle at the door, back into a corner. Do I still have the sullen moon nyartifact? I think I should. If so, protect it with my and someone else's body.

Aigre Excalibur2

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 31, 2015, 02:24:58 pm »

((I accidentally modified Aigre Excalibur's email to an account that isn't working so well. I'll be posting Ramses' stuff from here.))

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 31, 2015, 02:28:55 pm »

((ack, nevermind, toady fixed it. But I'll keep that second one around just in case.))
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 31, 2015, 04:07:38 pm »

point rifle at the door back into the other corner.
What the hell is going on?

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 31, 2015, 04:51:18 pm »

"...fuck me."

If able, search the elevator. Do not activate anything, just look for anything odd/out of the ordinary. Follow Flint out and search the immediate area if possible.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 31, 2015, 04:54:47 pm »

Cover the door with the liquid helium chem thrower when it opens. Fire at anything that moves that isn't us.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 31, 2015, 09:19:13 pm »

"Aw bugger it was the skull wasn't it, it was definitely the skull..."
Make skull return to cane-shape, bummed about fate. Shuffle behind someone, or multiple someones.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35