Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35

Author Topic: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...  (Read 57649 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 24: Demon In the Freezer
« Reply #180 on: October 31, 2015, 10:57:23 pm »

Await delivery from Aresteve and lug it back to the group ASAP.

Give everyone access to my passive echolocation mapping data, scan everything with thermal cameras pating close attention to whats coldest.

Edit:
Throw chem thrower with tank at Ramses head.
Split the aster-ex with eddie, 1 kilo each and he gets two short range detonators.

If Steve or Aresteve mention the space magic getting fucked over, or when I witness space magic going out of control in the distance, disconnect my manipulator from its brain and leave them both in the shuttle, also disable all the shuttles automanipulator systems.

then do the quoted actions if it is safe to do so.

((is the sword parked in hephaestus orbit currently?))
Acquire quantum positioning data, be wherever it indicates i should be.

make sure the manipulator disabling thingy is done.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...
« Reply #181 on: November 01, 2015, 01:47:50 am »

"Don't panic, friends," Jobasio says in a cheerful, almost sing-song (but still robotic and stilted!) voice, "It's clearly just a mechanical fault! We are going to be just fine. Don't panic! There is nothing to panic about! We will have this under control in no time! Right, my dear?"
The last is directed at his gauss rifle, who he looks down at with some concern before getting to work.

Investigate the elevator's ceiling for an emergency exit/hatch/whatever.
If there is one, open it. If there is not one, punch one robo-arm through the ceiling and attempt to tear a hole.

((Edit: changed my action.))
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 11:03:37 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 01, 2015, 03:06:44 pm »

I'd post in the Heph thread, but that seems to be dead. :\

Try to scout the anomaly area, through both drones and whatever sensors still work.  What can I find out?

Try to detect the team that was sent in.  Is there any evidence that they're alive?  Or that they still exist?

Discuss with The Doctor and ARESTEVE what we can do to recontain/eliminate the entire anomalous zone--including the automanips.  I'm guessing more coolant won't be sufficient.  Would deorbiting one of our now-useless warships make things more or less difficult?

((My advice?  Disbelieve.))

Nunzillor

« Reply #183 on: November 01, 2015, 03:12:58 pm »

Eddie prepares to use dangerous space magic, having apparently had a nip from one of his Molotovs.

((@syvarris: Hmm, I wonder how Hephaestus is doing in general?  If Earth-2 is burning, Heph can't be doing well either, I would assume.))

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 01, 2015, 04:36:25 pm »

"Don't panic, friends," Jobasio says in a cheerful, almost sing-song (but still robotic and stilted!) voice, "It's clearly just a mechanical fault! We are going to be just fine. Don't panic! There is nothing to panic about! We will have this under control in no time! Right, my dear?"
The last is directed at his gauss rifle, who he looks down at with some concern before getting to work.
Adrenalin is the only thing that is going to keep us alive, so I will go ahead and panic just enough to get myself out of this! Now shut up and get ready for what ever is behind that door because it won't be calm and collected!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 02, 2015, 11:02:25 am »

Jobasio looks up from his rifle, his robobody's emoticon flashing to a ">:(" as he is told to shut up.

"How dare you speak to us like that! Seems like you need a crash course in manners."

Grab this loudmouthed Leonardo jerk by the most convenient appendage and use his fleshy meatbag body as a battering ram to open the doors. If Flint or some other person has already dealt with the elevator doors, simply throw him outside at full force instead.

Edit: Respond appropriately violently to any escalations of force that may occur.    
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 11:12:17 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 02, 2015, 11:09:22 am »

I'm sorry if I'm rude, but personally staying alive ranks much higher then being polite right now!
Grab this loudmouthed Leonardo jerk by the most convenient appendage and use his fleshy meatbag body as a battering ram to open the doors. If Flint or some other person has already dealt with the elevator doors, simply throw him outside at full force instead.
Stop this from happening using whatever force that is necessary

Nunzillor

« Reply #187 on: November 02, 2015, 11:30:35 am »

Quote from: Eddie to Christopher via wristpad
That Leonardo guy is a union member, I think.  Should we do something or...?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 02, 2015, 11:41:12 am »

"Hey, you crazy mother-fornicators, if you dare to start a gunfight or tussle in an enclosed elevator next to a dozen other people and several millions of dollars worth of explosive death, I'm going to mess with this artifact thing till we're all doomed. SO DON'T."

"Or actually, how about we all just beat them up. Oh, and the union cannot condone all of us getting blown up before the missions really starts, Leonardo. And pizza-grease, if your tinpot jackassery gets someone hurt, expect union beatdowns. Now apologise to him and his lovely gun, Leo, for calling them idiots, and you two had better shake hands and make friends this instant, okay?"

Becuase oh god oh god I really don't want to die please please dont let me get killed "
One wheel short of a wagon

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 02, 2015, 12:20:12 pm »

Crhistopher Christopher, I never called anyone an idiot, but I'm about to you idiot!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 02, 2015, 06:42:11 pm »

"Alright, that's enough. If you guys start fighting, I'll warn you I'm not afraid to start twisting heads off and "forgetting" them somewhere inconvenient, so knock it off and cover the door!"
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 02, 2015, 07:45:46 pm »

He's right we're just as likely to die if we fight each othe. I'm sorry I called you an idiot Christopher, thank you for your calm words Jobasio. 

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 24: *Please Stand By*
« Reply #192 on: November 04, 2015, 10:45:15 am »

- Shitshitshit

Look for emergency ladder leading up the shaft. What do the thermometers say, did the temperature go up or down when the thing happened? Also, how long have we been in there since we entered through the lid on the outside (I got that timer running still)?
No ladder, nice try through. 
The thermometers are reading somewhere in the low 20's fahrenheit. So far warmer than they should be.

It's been about 10 minutes.

Look around in terror.

Whats's going on? What's happening? How far down are we?
Freak outs commence.
"Odd.  Well, I guess we have to..."

Press the door open button. Stuck in an elevator in a strange dimension?  Dangerous and wasteful space magic crafting time, naturally.  Use the MFM to lengthen the combat knife into a sharp scimitar, using a metal pole for material as needed.
[2]
The knife doesn't become a scimitar so much as it becomes an over sized novelty knife. After you use the manip you get a strange feeling of vertigo. It passes after a moment.

"Alright, who buggered reality? Can we go ONE mission without dimensional fuckery people?!"

Position myself to cover the door opening with my Sibilius in case of face eating monster attempting to pop out at us.
Positioned, so pistioned.

: No, no. The boy is right. Opening the doors right now is the wrong move. That's exactly what they would be expecting us to do... :
: We should kick the door open instead! That's how you make a cool entrance! :
Robo-kick the doors down! Say something cool while doing that.

EDIT: I'm assuming cam-eyes are not giving me anything useful and I can't just fly up, right?

Edit: Yep.

You kick the doors as hard as you can. The doors stay in exactly the same place and you fall over backwards.

Thats embarrassing.

Level rifle at the door, back into a corner. Do I still have the sullen moon nyartifact? I think I should. If so, protect it with my and someone else's body.
You point the rifle at the door.

"Oh, fuck's sake. One of the other missions fucked something up majorly, I just know it. Anyone have any unstable artifacts or stuff like that? Don't activate it. We don't know what's going on yet but I'd wager nothing good."

Stay as close to the middle of the elevator as I can get, be vigilant for any sign of alien fuckery.
Man, I wish someone would just try to open the door normally rather then using force.

point rifle at the door back into the other corner.
What the hell is going on?
Done.

"...fuck me."

If able, search the elevator. Do not activate anything, just look for anything odd/out of the ordinary. Follow Flint out and search the immediate area if possible.
There's something a bit odd about the lower edge of the elevator interior. It looks...blurry? Out of focus?

Cover the door with the liquid helium chem thrower when it opens. Fire at anything that moves that isn't us.
COVER CONTINUES

Man, if anything actually does come in, I feel like there will be a lot of injuries from cross fire.

"Aw bugger it was the skull wasn't it, it was definitely the skull..."
Make skull return to cane-shape, bummed about fate. Shuffle behind someone, or multiple someones.

[5]
You return the cane to the normal shape, depressed that you haven't had a chance to murder in fashionable ways.

Murder is good.

Await delivery from Aresteve and lug it back to the group ASAP.

Give everyone access to my passive echolocation mapping data, scan everything with thermal cameras pating close attention to whats coldest.

Edit:
Throw chem thrower with tank at Ramses head.
Split the aster-ex with eddie, 1 kilo each and he gets two short range detonators.

If Steve or Aresteve mention the space magic getting fucked over, or when I witness space magic going out of control in the distance, disconnect my manipulator from its brain and leave them both in the shuttle, also disable all the shuttles automanipulator systems.

then do the quoted actions if it is safe to do so.

((is the sword parked in hephaestus orbit currently?))
Acquire quantum positioning data, be wherever it indicates i should be.

make sure the manipulator disabling thingy is done.

You disconnect the manip and are with the rest of the team. That delivery never happened because of circumstances

I'd post in the Heph thread, but that seems to be dead. :\

Try to scout the anomaly area, through both drones and whatever sensors still work.  What can I find out?

Try to detect the team that was sent in.  Is there any evidence that they're alive?  Or that they still exist?

Discuss with The Doctor and ARESTEVE what we can do to recontain/eliminate the entire anomalous zone--including the automanips.  I'm guessing more coolant won't be sufficient.  Would deorbiting one of our now-useless warships make things more or less difficult?

((My advice?  Disbelieve.))
I thought you wanted to be with the team?

Jobasio looks up from his rifle, his robobody's emoticon flashing to a ">:(" as he is told to shut up.

"How dare you speak to us like that! Seems like you need a crash course in manners."

Edit: Respond appropriately violently to any escalations of force that may occur.    
I'm sorry if I'm rude, but personally staying alive ranks much higher then being polite right now!
Stop this from happening using whatever force that is necessary
Hmm, equal dex rolls. Leo rolls 6 on con for use of a rifle, Job rolls 1 on end. Luckily he has a robot body and +1 end.

So Job tries to grab Leo and ends up getting shot flat in his robot sternum. This severs a large bundle of fiberoptic nerves and sends his body flopping to the ground. The bullet punches straight through [1], explodes into metal fragments and hits Eddie, Robert and Flint.  Flint doesn't even notice, eddie [1] takes the bullet straight to the head and is just plain fucking dead, and Robert [5] barely even notices as the fragment pings off his helmet.

One (and a half) down.

Nunzillor

« Reply #193 on: November 04, 2015, 10:50:48 am »

((...))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 04, 2015, 11:03:46 am »

- Christ Almighty, the fuck is wrong with you people. Calm down, we're not under attack. We're stuck in a damn elevator. Why would you whip out the guns, huh?

Come up to the elevator door and examine it. If it can't be forced open, maybe there is a manual override somewhere around that allows to open it from inside? A button with "Open door" caption under it, perhaps (ha-ha, fat chance)? Check for ways to get it open. Ask Flint for help if brute force is needed. Stay alert about the guys making a mess.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 11:29:45 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35