Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35

Author Topic: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...  (Read 57645 times)

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...
« Reply #210 on: November 05, 2015, 05:34:52 am »

"Psychopathy, You've got to own it, man."

First, take Eddie's backpack full of crap and specimens, for the science and miscellaneous benefits contained within.

See if the button mashing gets the door open.

If not, clear everyone away from the door, then freeze it with liquid Helium.

The fire a shotgun mode blaster bolt at it after everyone including myself is clear of the door.

Cancelled because of friendly fire risk.

Do it, while commending Eddie's soul to Anubis as loudly as possible.

(( unless we have further plans beyond the button mash, Ramses will do these actions ))
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 05:15:17 pm by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 05, 2015, 10:57:35 am »

The fire a shotgun mode blaster bolt at it after everyone including myself is clear of the door.

((<.< We're a large group of people in an elevator, I don't think you could get everyone safely far enough))

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 05, 2015, 03:59:28 pm »

((<.< We're a large group of people in an elevator, I don't think you could get everyone safely far enough))

((hope y'all have body armor. We have to get this death trap open somehow. Anyone got a better idea?))
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Nunzillor

« Reply #213 on: November 05, 2015, 04:20:55 pm »

((All you have to do is push the button.  Seriously.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #214 on: November 07, 2015, 04:07:25 pm »

- Christ Almighty, the fuck is wrong with you people. Calm down, we're not under attack. We're stuck in a damn elevator. Why would you whip out the guns, huh?

Come up to the elevator door and examine it. If it can't be forced open, maybe there is a manual override somewhere around that allows to open it from inside? A button with "Open door" caption under it, perhaps (ha-ha, fat chance)? Check for ways to get it open. Ask Flint for help if brute force is needed. Stay alert about the guys making a mess.
There's no nice "Open door" button but there's a manual overside switch outlined in yellow and black. Apparently for if the door lock mechanism gets jammed. You pull it. There's a hissing noises and the doors slide open.

Out beyond the doors is a dark hallway. Not even the emergency lights are on, but there's a faint glow in the room, greenish, and with no obvious source.

Move over to the two stooges and knock their heads together(not hard enough to knock them out, but hard enough to hurt), picking up Jobasio to do so. "I warned you guys! The only reason I'm not twisting heads off is we need every man we can get, especially since you just fucking took out one of us. Hey Leo, as punishment you get to carry gimpy here around, and I don't wanna hear objections unless you like seeing how far I can boot my foot up your ass!"
You pick up job and strap him onto your back. He's paralyzed from the chest down but can still use his arms. You make sure to hand him his rifle.

((What is ironic is that we have the perfect medic with us, who can treat almost everything except brain damage. And then one guy had his head accidentally exploded. Damn it.))

Flint doesn't even notice
Hmmm. I'm hearing some strange noises...
Eh. I bet it's nothing important. Probably just rats.

"Curse you door! Why do you mock me so? Why do you not submit to the will of your robotic overlord? Well you shall not defeat me! You shall open for me!"
I can not believe the door can resist me. If it does not open through my harsh words or the button mashing or the handiwork of my teammates, then it shall be crowbarred open with one of my metal poles or cut with my monoatomic force-blade bayonet. Edit 2: Don't just stab it though. Start slowly and don't force it, in case that thing is so tough it might cause it to explode.

Edit: Also, are my atmospheric sensors telling me anything significant has changed since we fell down an elevator shaft? Or is it pretty much what I would expect?

Door already open.

You look at the sensors. They tell you that there's airflow, that it is pretty chilly,  and that there is a fair deal of particulate in the air.

Vanessa sags slightly.

"By the incarnation of all that is stupidity I thought I'd left this stuff behind You. Person who shot and killed that person who could've been crucial to us surviving here, you get no medical treatment from now on until I deem otherwise. You've directly negatively impacted my chances of survival, so keep that in mind the next time you even think of treating your wounds, or I will rip your limbs off and leave the stumps to get infected with gangrene. Robotic teammate who's name escapes me, I will not treat you either."

Go loot permadead guy for body parts. Also collect Job's brain and store it in my brain holding compartment.
You clank over to the body and squat down on it, hiding it under your cloak.  A few moments later you stand back up and back away. The body is gone, all thats left is the suit and the items.

"I'm just going to ignore that someone just took a bullet to the head and focus on getting out of here.  Does anyone else notice that the lower edge of the interior is, hmm, not necessarily blurry, but kinda out of focus?"

Get one of my pokin poles and poke the blurry area. See what happens. If nothing happens, wait for someone to open the doors, then inspect the immediate area as well.

You poke the blurry area. The pole goes blurry too.  You pull the pole out. It stops being blurry.
Hmm.

Poke the elevator door open button whilst everyone is arguing.

leave in silence.

You take a few steps out into the hall and then stand still. The light that seems to be coming from nowhere is slowly pulsing and you feel like the walls are melting around you, even though a cautious poke  reveals that they are just as solid as ever.  Something about this place is filling your head with odd sensations. It's like the feeling of being watch or deja vu, but it's making you feel like things around you are changing in ways that they clearly are not.

Nervous breakdown commences.
You crawl into a corner and gibber quietly.

If door opens thanks to door-open button, cautiously poke cane through the doorway and wave it around a little.
If someone strides purposefully through door, throwing caution to the wind, stop waving cane, and grumble quietly to self.
If multiple someones make their exit from the elevator, poke head out through doorway to look around after 5 or so people have safely moved about 5 meters out.
If anyone makes rude comments about my caution, grumble quietly to self, repeatedly muttering the word "murder" if the mood so strikes me.

Your cane seems unchanged when you wiggle it in the hall. Hmm. Wiggling it in the hall.

Reminds you of your third wife.

>Run diagnostics. How crippled is my robobody? Can I still at least complain loudly? If so, do that.
Also scream at them that they had better take good care of my dear Whig. Tell her not to worry.

If I manage to retain/recover some or all of my body's motor functions (possibly via an aux roll?), avoid having my head removed/brain torn out.
Insist that I am fine and not in need of medical assistance. Flee the elevator in a hurry if they don't listen.

No movement from the chest down. You can complain all you want. Luckily someone is now carrying you and you are carrying whig, so things are ok, all things considered.

No, you can't recover yourself without replacements for the parts damaged.

First, take Eddie's backpack full of crap and specimens, for the science and miscellaneous benefits contained within.

Cancelled because of friendly fire risk.

Do it, while commending Eddie's soul to Anubis as loudly as possible.

(( unless we have further plans beyond the button mash, Ramses will do these actions ))
Good thing Lars isn't here. He seems the kind of guy who isn't afraid to stab a heretic.

You grab the backpack, commend souls to anubis and then wait, since your other actions have been rendered useless by the actions of others.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #215 on: November 07, 2015, 04:35:28 pm »

"Oh. There's a draft. Good thing we can't get cold. Hope Aresteve doesn't mind all this dust in the elevator."

((Hehe, Xan/Vanessa could become a magician with such disappearing acts.
Action later, just doing this to notify people of findings.))

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 07, 2015, 07:32:19 pm »

"Hmm."

Stick my dick hand in the blurry area. Observe. Try to not die. If I survive, loot helpfully carry the temp-dead guys stuff.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 11:21:40 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 07, 2015, 07:48:58 pm »

Cautiously take point in the hallway, keeping an eye for weirdness.

((Also, it seems there's an error on the wiki. It says I have no ammo, but I KNOW I posted an action to restock after we came back from M22. I should have a full clip at least...)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 07, 2015, 07:58:51 pm »

go remove Jobasio's head and lift it up to eye level, also take Jobasio's rifle.
Do you see what you've done. Next time you threaten me make damn sure you can back it up. Because if you can't I will kill you next time, in fact it's not to late even now.
((Peicewise you missed me))[/s]
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 10:58:28 pm by Urist McCoder »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 07, 2015, 09:11:20 pm »

"Auron, any anomalous effects out there?"

Try to fix up Jobasio. My body should be able to do this, right?

If I can't fix him up with a Med roll, pronounce him fucked until future notice and resume suspicious staring at anything unusual.

Oh, and see if my atmosphere sampler thingies (I recall I used it in the last mission I was on?) are sensing anything that's not normal air.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 02:33:06 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 07, 2015, 09:47:59 pm »

go remove Jobasio's head and lift it up to eye level, also take Jobasio's rifle.
Do you see what you've done. Next time you threaten me make damn sure you can back it up. Because if you can't I will kill you next time, in fact it's not to late even now.
((Peicewise you missed me))

Shoot this guy if he actually tries to do this.
Actually, no; just hack at his head/neck with my cutlass. We've had enough friendly fire already.

Jobasio graciously thanks his rescuer/piggyback steed as he is picked up from the floor and, more importantly, reunited with Whig.
"Ah, thank you, thank you kindly. I do not very much like the floor. Especially not the floor in a spooky place such as this. It seems I'll be watching your back for the foreseeable future, hmm?" His cheerful voice then lowers to indistinguishable, perhaps reassuring muttering as he strokes his rifle.

Hug my rifle. Promise not to leave her again.
Then keep an eye out for any anomalous activity behind Yancy. Or for murderous teammates, but that's not something a professional fighting force such as us needs to worry about, right?

Edit: Resist any attempts to steal my brain. Strenuously. 
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 07:28:45 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 07, 2015, 11:46:45 pm »

"Just the magic light causing some optical illusion fuckery at the moment.

Im switching exclusively to echolocation for a while."

Switch displayed vision mode to echolocation only.
Give Flint access to my undisplayed, but still recording, video feeds.

Move further down the hall and cautiously scout whats up ahead.
Also attempt to discern the source of the glow, is the atmosphere down here abnormal in any way? what are the radiation levels like?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 08:34:25 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 07, 2015, 11:49:55 pm »

"Okay. Alert us if you run into trouble or somesuch."

Vanessa then looms over to Jobasio.

"Now then, this situation isn't continuable. Also it's almost exactly what I have this body for. Hold still please."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 08, 2015, 05:41:53 am »

Wander blithely down the corridor, not bothering to look out for alien fuckery, ahead of everyone else. Do I still have the Sullen Moon nyartifact?
One wheel short of a wagon

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #224 on: November 08, 2015, 05:50:13 am »

: Can someone in the corridor give me his video feed? I want to test if the effects you are describing are linked to your location or your brain. :
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35