Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35

Author Topic: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...  (Read 56851 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...
« Reply #195 on: November 04, 2015, 11:17:32 am »

"Well.... a man just died. And we've been stuck in an elevator for less than a minute. Whatever's out there is probably safer than here."

Is there a button marked open? Press it if so, on a count of five, with the end of my rifle, if nobody objects. Then roll away. Move away from blurry bits.
One wheel short of a wagon

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 04, 2015, 11:24:19 am »

Move over to the two stooges and knock their heads together(not hard enough to knock them out, but hard enough to hurt), picking up Jobasio to do so. "I warned you guys! The only reason I'm not twisting heads off is we need every man we can get, especially since you just fucking took out one of us. Hey Leo, as punishment you get to carry gimpy here around, and I don't wanna hear objections unless you like seeing how far I can boot my foot up your ass!"
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #197 on: November 04, 2015, 11:43:32 am »

((What is ironic is that we have the perfect medic with us, who can treat almost everything except brain damage. And then one guy had his head accidentally exploded. Damn it.))

Flint doesn't even notice
Hmmm. I'm hearing some strange noises...
Eh. I bet it's nothing important. Probably just rats.

"Curse you door! Why do you mock me so? Why do you not submit to the will of your robotic overlord? Well you shall not defeat me! You shall open for me!"
I can not believe the door can resist me. If it does not open through my harsh words or the button mashing or the handiwork of my teammates, then it shall be crowbarred open with one of my metal poles or cut with my monoatomic force-blade bayonet. Edit 2: Don't just stab it though. Start slowly and don't force it, in case that thing is so tough it might cause it to explode.

Edit: Also, are my atmospheric sensors telling me anything significant has changed since we fell down an elevator shaft? Or is it pretty much what I would expect?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 04:55:45 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 04, 2015, 11:55:43 am »

Vanessa sags slightly.

"By the incarnation of all that is stupidity I thought I'd left this stuff behind You. Person who shot and killed that person who could've been crucial to us surviving here, you get no medical treatment from now on until I deem otherwise. You've directly negatively impacted my chances of survival, so keep that in mind the next time you even think of treating your wounds, or I will rip your limbs off and leave the stumps to get infected with gangrene. Robotic teammate who's name escapes me, I will not treat you either."

Go loot permadead guy for body parts. Also collect Job's brain and store it in my brain holding compartment.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 12:35:49 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 04, 2015, 12:15:34 pm »

"I'm just going to ignore that someone just took a bullet to the head and focus on getting out of here.  Does anyone else notice that the lower edge of the interior is, hmm, not necessarily blurry, but kinda out of focus?"

Get one of my pokin poles and poke the blurry area. See what happens. If nothing happens, wait for someone to open the doors, then inspect the immediate area as well.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 09:10:30 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 04, 2015, 12:27:13 pm »

go remove Jobasio's head and lift it up to eye level, also take Jobasio's rifle.
Do you see what you've done. Next time you threaten me make damn sure you can back it up. Because if you can't I will kill you next time, in fact it's not to late even now.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 12:28:58 pm by Urist McCoder »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 04, 2015, 12:34:29 pm »

Vanessa places one enormous hand on Leo's shoulder.

"He's in a robotic body you imbecile, that's not his brain in there.

Actually, what am I thinking, I can store brains,"
she continues to herself, crouching over Jobasio's prone form.

"You'll be staying with me for a bit. You did invite this on yourself."

Action edited.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 04, 2015, 12:55:39 pm »

Eh, I've always wanted a head. Now I won't look insane when I talk to myself.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 04, 2015, 01:25:21 pm »

((OOC in IC, sure, but ask Vanessa to graft it onto your shoulder so you can talk to it!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 04, 2015, 05:14:39 pm »

"EDDIE!!! I barely knew thee. And now you've left us. May Osiris speed you to the other side."

"It's a great day to be locked in an elevator with psychopaths, isn't it? What we need is something to direct our aggression externally. Shall I see if I can get the door open by freeze-shatter?"

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 05:18:30 pm by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 04, 2015, 06:41:36 pm »

Me and Artibus here think that we should smash the doors down.*brandish head* Also how dare you call Artibus a psychopath!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 04, 2015, 07:08:00 pm »

Poke the elevator door open button whilst everyone is arguing.

leave in silence.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #207 on: November 04, 2015, 07:42:09 pm »

Nervous breakdown commences.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 04, 2015, 09:31:40 pm »

If door opens thanks to door-open button, cautiously poke cane through the doorway and wave it around a little.
If someone strides purposefully through door, throwing caution to the wind, stop waving cane, and grumble quietly to self.
If multiple someones make their exit from the elevator, poke head out through doorway to look around after 5 or so people have safely moved about 5 meters out.
If anyone makes rude comments about my caution, grumble quietly to self, repeatedly muttering the word "murder" if the mood so strikes me.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 05, 2015, 03:25:48 am »

>Run diagnostics. How crippled is my robobody? Can I still at least complain loudly? If so, do that.
Also scream at them that they had better take good care of my dear Whig. Tell her not to worry.

If I manage to retain/recover some or all of my body's motor functions (possibly via an aux roll?), avoid having my head removed/brain torn out.
Insist that I am fine and not in need of medical assistance. Flee the elevator in a hurry if they don't listen.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 06:21:46 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35