Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35

Author Topic: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...  (Read 57602 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 24: By the pricking of my thumbs...
« Reply #330 on: December 10, 2015, 12:06:57 pm »

Let the Sullen Moon fragments together, slowly as I can. Observe.

"Hey guys, gonna do something here. Thought you might want to know."
One wheel short of a wagon

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #331 on: December 10, 2015, 12:09:29 pm »

Let the Sullen Moon fragments together, slowly as I can. Observe.

"Hey guys, gonna do something here. Thought you might want to know."
The two pieces get within maybe 2 inches before leaping from your grip and fusing together with a flash of light and a strangely satisfying clunk.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 10, 2015, 12:11:02 pm »

"Hey guys, it happened, I did something. Just a heads up."

(( :) Thanks))

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 10, 2015, 06:23:38 pm »

Collect a couple spare datapads, jury-rig them to use their comm signals to do triangulation.

*mumbles to self* "Hmm, no, that won't be any good either...

Make the triangulation system cross-check apparent distance both ways between every datapad ((so we'd know, for example, if a hallway has some magic that makes it suddenly infinitely long, both ways, for anyone entering it))

"Hey Flint! Take one of these wi... "
Be too late to give one to Flint, watch and hope he returns.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 07:08:53 pm by Moopli »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 10, 2015, 06:46:37 pm »

"...I am going to be staying right here where reality is not distorting overly much. Fuck that."

Try contacting ARESTEVE, Steve, Heph command, etc. If I get through, tell them please get the elevator moving back up, or at least give me a layout of the place.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 10, 2015, 08:19:27 pm »

Um...wake up in Xans brain compartment? Please?
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 10, 2015, 08:35:34 pm »

Sit in my chair with the backrest in front of me and rocket sled down the hallway with flint.

Stop if I see something interesting or if Flint also stops.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 11, 2015, 01:07:42 am »

Climb atop The Flint express and ride on his battlesuit, to infinity and beyond!

While running that mapping tool and leaving that trail of Breadcrumbs.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 01:10:35 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #338 on: December 12, 2015, 12:08:39 am »

Sit in my chair with the backrest in front of me and rocket sled down the hallway with flint.

Damn copycats. I was going to record this video and post it on SpaceTube. But they see a cool idea and they just gave to copy it. They're stealing all my views...

Hmm.... Cats... Maybe people would like to see videos of Lyra having fun, chasing something and/or purring? Oh, I know! I could do something crazy like, I dunno, dress her in a pop tart dress. I bet nobody has ever done that before. Nah, who am I kidding, nobody would watch a bunch of videos about cats, no matter how fun it interesting the cat in question is.

Climb atop The Flint express and ride on his battlesuit, to infinity and beyond!

*over-the-top serious voice* "Remember kids: the stunts you are about to see are performed by trained professionals using special protective equipment. Do not try what you're about to see at home. You have been warned."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #339 on: December 14, 2015, 12:20:58 pm »

"Oh, that's cool. Infinite chairs." We could make a fortune on office supplies.
Wait, even better! Infinite indestructible chairs. They'd make perfect construction material. Like tetris blocks. With wheels.
What am I thinking... they're infinite! We could make infinite chairs and have them collapse into a black hole!
No, wait, that's stupid. Those are office chairs... and everyone knows there's only one approved and sanctioned use of office chairs!

"Well guys, first I'm going to try and see how badly this place breaks reality. Then I'm going to see how infinite this infinite hallway really is. Feel free to look around those rooms in the meantime. Or, I dunno, do whatever. Just try to not get yourselves killed. And keep talking. That way we'll know if something weird happens to one of you."

Well, I've got some rope with me. You've never said how long the rope or the hallway is, so if you think it's appropriate, I'd like to try some tests:
1. Try to tie one end of the rope in the security room and the other end of the rope in the observation room in roughly the same place it should be in the security room. See if anything interesting happens.

2. Try to tie the rope somewhere in the observation room or the security room and then kick it to the blurry area in the elevator. If it can't reach the rooms, then try it with the blurry area and a door or one of the infinite chairs.
See if anything weird happens to the rope and the object it's attached to.
See how far the blurriness extends.
See if a laser can be used to cut the rope when it's blurry.

Once that's done, if nothing has exploded, ride a chair and use it to rocket-skate down the infinite hallway. Just look for anything weird, either in the chair, in the hallway or my emotions. If nothing is found after a couple of minutes, head back to the others.

When you have a rocket, a battlesuit and an indestructible chair, there are some things you just gotta try.

EDIT: As I head back, use those cans of spraypaint I'm carrying around to mark the hallway and doors with lines and numbers respectively, just in case there's some repetition or distortion or similar.
1. Doesn't seem to do anything. Well, technically they're overlapping, which is something weird...but your hands don't fuse together or something.

2.You tie it to the leg of one of the desks and then kick the blurry part. The rope immediately starts to unspool, being sucked into the blurry area. It continues until the rope snaps taut, strains for a few seconds and then snaps. Half gets sucked into the blurry corner, the other half remains attached to the desk.

Your attempts to ride the chair are hilarious, but unsuccessful the chair doesn't break, but your big fat ass falls flat a half dozen times.

Collect a couple spare datapads, jury-rig them to use their comm signals to do triangulation.

*mumbles to self* "Hmm, no, that won't be any good either...

Make the triangulation system cross-check apparent distance both ways between every datapad ((so we'd know, for example, if a hallway has some magic that makes it suddenly infinitely long, both ways, for anyone entering it))

"Hey Flint! Take one of these wi... "
Be too late to give one to Flint, watch and hope he returns.
You assume that signals will move through walls.

I'll just tell you now that they won't.

I applaud your efforts but they keep coming to naught. I'm sorry.

"...I am going to be staying right here where reality is not distorting overly much. Fuck that."

Try contacting ARESTEVE, Steve, Heph command, etc. If I get through, tell them please get the elevator moving back up, or at least give me a layout of the place.
No dice.

Um...wake up in Xans brain compartment? Please?
Sure, we'll let you do that. Have fun talking to Xan and his many organs.

This is less rocket sled adventure and more you spinning in a chair and waiting for flint to stop sucking.

"Yeah dude, thats totally gnarly. Tubular."

You know friend, even if his big fat mechanical ass could manage not to fuck it, metaphorically, you riding with him is probably gonna result in you grinding your face off on the ceiling or something. He's kinda fat and this hall is kinda tight for him.

You feel me?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #340 on: December 14, 2015, 12:40:30 pm »

"Man, this elevator totally sucks. Literally. Wonder what else I can get it to suck..."

1. Chair clones are still invincible, right?
2. Check if chair clones (that are created here) and artifact containers (brought here) are affected by the same suckiness in the corner.
3. If yes, see how strongly that thing is pulling them. Is it strong enough to cause the chairs to crumble from the force? Or does it suck them outright so it doesn't matter?
4. If it does not cause things to crumble, see if I can use a chair or my pole and a camera to peek at... wherever this thing is sucking things to. Don't actually look at the camera feed though.

If nothing unexpected happens, go have my hallway adventure. I'll be running, pushing Unholy's chair down the infinite hallway until we see something interesting or if a couple of minutes pass with nothing happening.

"Can someone check if the normal-looking hallway is also invincible? And maybe start exploring what's behind those doors?"
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 05:00:02 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 14, 2015, 01:24:45 pm »

Xan passively watches everyone. Last time he'd been in a situation like this he'd died, after all. No slip ups for him.

Oh, what was this? The brain was awakening.

Are you still being influenced by any anomalous effects?

Stay where I am and stay away from anomalous shit.
Sig! Onol

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 14, 2015, 02:01:20 pm »

Look down the hallway, check invincibilty by firing a shot or two off with my Gauss rifle down it and observe.

Try and separate Sullen Moon Nyartifact pieces.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 14, 2015, 03:35:12 pm »

"I, um. I don't know. No, I guess? What, ah, what happened? Where am I? You are...Vanessa, right?
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 14, 2015, 03:42:42 pm »

Yes. You decided to be an idiot and stick your head into an anomalous region. You then became possessed by something that piloted your body with homocidal intent towards everyone else here and imbued your strikes with supernatural force. You were then killed and I took your body parts into myself. Don't bother trying to move, you're currently a brain in one of my compartments.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35